Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do??

The Jets are loading up. We can't let NYJ get brandon marshall too can we?....If welker misses most of 2010 doesn't that make us a few WR's short of a core?

The guy is a headcase......he is also the most complete WR in the game. What will it take to pry him away from Denver......& do we even want him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do??

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

MikeC, great points. Even if the Jets get him, give it a year or two before that locker room implodes. Just watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

for the 22nd pick in the draft i think he would be a steal, it is not everyday when a top 5 WR is available and in this draft it is unlikely to find a WR of his talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

I would like to get him, but not because of what the jets will or wont do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

In Response to Re: Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do??:
    for the 22nd pick in the draft i think he would be a steal, it is not everyday when a top 5 WR is available and in this draft it is unlikely to find a WR of his talent.
    Posted by natesubs

I agree! He is young and very talented. They guy does everything. His game vs the Pats last year was very impressive. It was the 2nd best WR performance last year to his 21 catch outing vs Indy. This is with him taking passes from Kyle Orton, who next to Jake Delhomme is the biggest over achiever in the NFL......The guy can be Wess Welker or Randy Moss. Not to mention getting Marshall would protect us when Moss is let go. Is Marshall a bonafied head case though? If he pulls that swatting down passes & punting the ball @ mini camp junk with BB he surely will be burried alive.

The Jets have made a splash with the free agents.......I dont feel comfortable right now where we are @ & what thay have added Kinda feels red sox/yankeeish...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do??:
    The Jets are loading up. We can't let NYJ get brandon marshall too can we?....If welker misses most of 2010 doesn't that make us a few WR's short of a core? The guy is a headcase......he is also the most complete WR in the game. What will it take to pry him away from Denver......& do we even want him?
    Posted by seanblaze

Um no they are not...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

no. he's a disaster. like T.O. on crack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Absolutly! He is a stud.....and not because the Jets may get him. He is a sure thing for years to come

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

id get him here in a heartbeat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

he would be good to have but if you get him where does that put edleman, does he get to show what he has or would brady be caught up on moss and marshall, we are ok for this season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

To bad they can't work a deal where Thomas goes to Denver and Marshall comes to New England and maybe the Patriots give them a 6th round draft choice. So with that pipe dream out of the way lets just move on from this subject...There are a ton of talented WR's in this draft,BB just has to select the right one....Dez Bryant would be the perfect fit,but he's not going to be available at #22. Some of the players who would fit the bill includes Decker the big kid from Minnesota and in my humble opinion he's the second best WR in this draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

A TERRIFIC PERFORMER ON THE FIELD WITHOUT QUESTION AND AS MENTIONED STILL A YOUNG VET.HOWEVER,HE HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE A THREAT OF VOLCANIC PROPORTIONS OFF THE FIELD AND IN THE LOCKERROOM.I GUESS IT COMES DOWN TO B.B. AND WHETHER OR NOT HETHINKS HE CAN CALM THIS INCENDIARY PERSONALITY OR IF HE EVEN WANTS TO TRY. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

he would be good to have but if you get him where does that put edleman, does he get to show what he has or would brady be caught up on moss and marshall, we are ok for this season
    Posted by bruins248
    Edelman plays the slot,Marshall is a WR not a slot receiver though I'm sure he can play that position also.The guy who was the slot receiver in Denver is Eddie Royal. I also don't think the Broncos will trade Marshall to an AFC team. Neither the Jets nor the Patriots could be considered front runners for his services. Seattle or the Rams maybe...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do??:
    The Jets are loading up. We can't let NYJ get brandon marshall too can we?....If welker misses most of 2010 doesn't that make us a few WR's short of a core? The guy is a headcase......he is also the most complete WR in the game. What will it take to pry him away from Denver......& do we even want him?
    Posted by seanblaze

We could use Marshall or someone like him. Remember that Moss is likely gone next year - so, who's a legit #1 that can lengthen the field for us?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by bruins248

Welker is gone for most of 2010; which means Edelman is the slot WR. Marshall would be the #1 or #2...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Do we need to get Brandon Marshall before the Jets do?? : Welker is gone for most of 2010; which means Edelman is the slot WR. Marshall would be the #1 or #2...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii
    Hey I don't have a problem with them bringing in Marshall as long as they can manipulate the the pick by dumping Thomas as partial payment it would be taking their headache for the Patriots headache,and maybe throw in a 6th round pick to keep them happy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

bubba, in 2011 if Moss is gone, there are a ton of awesome WRs that will be FAs, Floyd in SD for example, my choice for us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

well the short answer for me is NO!... actually the more I think about it the long answer is no also... ok my answer is NO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

No way, let the jets keep collecting names. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

bubba, in 2011 if Moss is gone, there are a ton of awesome WRs that will be FAs, Floyd in SD for example, my choice for us.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

That's fine - as long as he's replaced by a good WR who can stretch the field. Assuming Welker is out most of 2010, who's going to replace him? Let's say Edelman takes the slot? Who's the 3rd WR?  Right now, no good receiving TE. Maybe Crumpler can still catch - know he's got soft hands, but until I see him in action - will reserve judgement later.

Everyone sez....well, remember we won 3 SB with 3 so-so WRs? Yeah, I do - that was also when we had a decent running game.

Still early in pre-season, we have a chance to add to roster before season begins. I'm just sayin' I think Marshall would be a good addition....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

I think Marshall Can stretch the D or do the dirty work underneath that Wes used to do. The bottom line is he gives you more options.......& Yes! Moss is gone after this year so we can trade a 2nd rounder (which i think is the tender set by Denver for Marshall) or we can scrape the barrell in 1 year.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

NO! Scr*w the Jets!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Put him in the slot, let him stretch the D, it don't matter! He'd put up 150 receptions a year with TB............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGsTxaJRndI

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Moss was supposedly a head case before he came to New England, how'd that work out for us? I'd say it worked out pretty great.

This kid is a HUGE talent, he would have amazing numbers under Brady. Sorry but if we have the chance to actually get him, I think we'd be foolish not to.

Sections
Shortcuts