do we owe RICHIE INCOGNITO an apology?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: do we owe RICHIE INCOGNITO an apology?

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is what the world has come to.  Two grown men have a problem and they hire lawyers and resort to Twitter to state their cases.  What ever happend to working things out and standing up for yourself?  The world would have no idea who either of these guys were but for Twitter and their inability to be men and talk to eachother using acceptable channels, a.k.a face-to-face.  What a joke this whole thing is -- it's a non-story.   

[/QUOTE]

Summed up perfectly. Thank you.

this is exactly what we need to be teaching kids. My feeling is that neither richie nor Martin were raised as men. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Who gives a sheet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to trouts' comment:

Still think Incognito deserves an apology? This guy is scum and the last guy the Patriots should bring on board.

Incognito needed his azz beat down or at the very least should have received a legit physical retaliation attempt by Martin on him and Incog the others woulda ended this punking of JM before it got to the point that it has. I know, "VIOLENCE DOESN'T SOLVE ANYTHING!!!" Bull-SHYTE.........I've been in football locker rooms at every level and even did a stint in the US Armed Forces boot camps afterwards to get control of my own discipline afterwards, and I can tell you that in all cases, there is a "fight or flight" element  that is part of this "man's world" culture that lends to building a mentally and emotionally tough corps. The weak run and better keep running just as JM has. Was this an extreme case???? ABSOLUTELY. But, had Martin held his ground from the beginning, the BYTCH slapping would have come to end before it got to this. I know it sounds like a barbaric world, AND IT IS! Sure, change is coming, and is needed......but IMO, JM shoulda stood up as is the normal response and the sharks would have scattered from there. Apology to Incog? NO. But JM shouldn't be playing on this playground if he isn't willing to defend himself either. I know, I know, I am stupid and this is 2014 and everyone has the right to work in a safe environment.....blah, blah, blah.........Sorry, it is what it is, A VERY VIOLENT WORLD that men enter into when they pursue the NFL as a profession and they know it from the time they are kids in Pop Warner. Don't like it? Go make your millions for simply being the biggest and strongest athelte from your neck of the wooods doing something else........Good luck with that. And no, we don't need anyone with this kind of baggage on the NE Patriots. My bet is we already have that element in the locker room, but we also don't have those who let themselves get punked like JM did and let it get out of control.....Again, it is what it is, right or wrong.

I think your perspectivce is pretty twisted. THe rule of law applies to everyone equally. It applies to all places of work. ANd it also applies to playgrounds and playing fields by the way. There is no exception morally or legally for pampered self important professional atheletes even if you want there to be.

Martin does not have to fight someone to earn his rights under the Constitution. Do you? Martin likes to play football. He was good enough to be a very good college player and then good enough to start for an NFL team. That is saying something about his general ability and preparedness. And he has become that good without being the sort of a-$$ that too many creeps and criminals in professional sports are.

You say there is no place for Martin because he does not fight like some gladiator without a choice. But evidently for you there is a place for all kinds of thugs and hardened criminals.

No. Martin has right to play the game. He has a right to try to make a living. He even has a right to try to make more money than most posters here. And there is zero requirement that he be or become a hardened criminal to do so. The criminals on the other hand have the right to go to jail. ANd they should. WHen they are caught being thugs they should go to jail. Period.

Your perspective is unAmerican. It is immoral. It flies in the face of Christianity, Islam, Judiasm and pretty much every major religion. It is flies in the face of the Constitution and of legislated laws.

And by the way, your perspective is completely unnecessary for any and all professional sports. Being a thug, whether in a gang or a small group or as an individual is something we should be thoroughly rooting out.

Im not sure you could be wrong in more ways than you are if you tried. Sorry. I wont call you names. But I find the position you take to be reprehensible.

You might be surprised, but for the most part I absolutely agree with what you wrote to me above, Portfolio, in a perfect world that is.......Unfortunately, that doesn't change the way it really is in the world of MANO A MANO NFL, the most barbaric and imbalanced millionair making machine in our God fearing country. My "perspective" is one of first hand experience and not simply one from the other side of a 60-inch flat screen like I'm sure yours must be, from the sounds of it. I am not giving my opinion. I am giving you a real assessment of how it works in that secret society of multi-million dollar frauds, and would be hoods. Please, don't let your own lack of exposure to this corrupted environment make you believe that your idealistic image of how sports should be, is really ever gonna take hold. Many, if not MOST of the guys in the NFL locker rooms who are making millions would have been roughnecks and criminals hadn't they found this dysfunctional way of finding a true purpose and profession that is merely entertainment on a slightly more civilized plane than what was the Roman Gladiators waaaay back in the day. Get in touch with reality, my friend. The NFL locker rooms will see much needed change, but don't be fooled to think that JM couldn't have fixed this issue by enforcing the rules of the game instead of being the one who let the cat outta the bag. I am not trying to be right here.....I am just telling you the truth, no matter what you think is wrong with it. No offense intended, but you should get out a bit more if you think that mostly naturally law abiding, high character citizens constitute the majority of the NFL's player slots. Most of these guys are brought up in ways that YOU don't seem to be familiar with. It takes hard times to make hard folks like most of them, and that is why so many who make it have seen the worst of what our Country has to offer. For most of them, the NFL was the only way out....Unfortunately, you can't take the violence outta the man, you just control it, until you need to make a point amongst the rest of the creeps........Too hot? Get out......Lastly, check in with nearly any high school football coach in this country and ask him how he feels about his own team having the occasional fist fight break out in the locker room. Any honest one will tell you, "Its good for the toughness of the team. It helps to identify those who have passion and who aren't afraid of the violence associated with the game. It helps build individual respect amongst the TEAM members", etc. etc., etc., Sorry, it is what it is.......no matter how much you dislike it.....but please, don't accuse me for being at fault for telling you the truth, Dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

Still think Incognito deserves an apology? This guy is scum and the last guy the Patriots should bring on board.

Incognito needed his azz beat down or at the very least should have received a legit physical retaliation attempt by Martin on him and Incog the others woulda ended this punking of JM before it got to the point that it has. I know, "VIOLENCE DOESN'T SOLVE ANYTHING!!!" Bull-SHYTE.........I've been in football locker rooms at every level and even did a stint in the US Armed Forces boot camps afterwards to get control of my own discipline afterwards, and I can tell you that in all cases, there is a "fight or flight" element  that is part of this "man's world" culture that lends to building a mentally and emotionally tough corps. The weak run and better keep running just as JM has. Was this an extreme case???? ABSOLUTELY. But, had Martin held his ground from the beginning, the BYTCH slapping would have come to end before it got to this. I know it sounds like a barbaric world, AND IT IS! Sure, change is coming, and is needed......but IMO, JM shoulda stood up as is the normal response and the sharks would have scattered from there. Apology to Incog? NO. But JM shouldn't be playing on this playground if he isn't willing to defend himself either. I know, I know, I am stupid and this is 2014 and everyone has the right to work in a safe environment.....blah, blah, blah.........Sorry, it is what it is, A VERY VIOLENT WORLD that men enter into when they pursue the NFL as a profession and they know it from the time they are kids in Pop Warner. Don't like it? Go make your millions for simply being the biggest and strongest athelte from your neck of the wooods doing something else........Good luck with that. And no, we don't need anyone with this kind of baggage on the NE Patriots. My bet is we already have that element in the locker room, but we also don't have those who let themselves get punked like JM did and let it get out of control.....Again, it is what it is, right or wrong.

I think your perspectivce is pretty twisted. THe rule of law applies to everyone equally. It applies to all places of work. ANd it also applies to playgrounds and playing fields by the way. There is no exception morally or legally for pampered self important professional atheletes even if you want there to be.

Martin does not have to fight someone to earn his rights under the Constitution. Do you? Martin likes to play football. He was good enough to be a very good college player and then good enough to start for an NFL team. That is saying something about his general ability and preparedness. And he has become that good without being the sort of a-$$ that too many creeps and criminals in professional sports are.

You say there is no place for Martin because he does not fight like some gladiator without a choice. But evidently for you there is a place for all kinds of thugs and hardened criminals.

No. Martin has right to play the game. He has a right to try to make a living. He even has a right to try to make more money than most posters here. And there is zero requirement that he be or become a hardened criminal to do so. The criminals on the other hand have the right to go to jail. ANd they should. WHen they are caught being thugs they should go to jail. Period.

Your perspective is unAmerican. It is immoral. It flies in the face of Christianity, Islam, Judiasm and pretty much every major religion. It is flies in the face of the Constitution and of legislated laws.

And by the way, your perspective is completely unnecessary for any and all professional sports. Being a thug, whether in a gang or a small group or as an individual is something we should be thoroughly rooting out.

Im not sure you could be wrong in more ways than you are if you tried. Sorry. I wont call you names. But I find the position you take to be reprehensible.

You might be surprised, but for the most part I absolutely agree with what you wrote to me above, Portfolio, in a perfect world that is.......Unfortunately, that doesn't change the way it really is in the world of MANO A MANO NFL, the most barbaric and imbalanced millionair making machine in our God fearing country. My "perspective" is one of first hand experience and not simply one from the other side of a 60-inch flat screen like I'm sure yours must be, from the sounds of it. I am not giving my opinion. I am giving you a real assessment of how it works in that secret society of multi-million dollar frauds, and would be hoods. Please, don't let your own lack of exposure to this corrupted environment make you believe that your idealistic image of how sports should be, is really ever gonna take hold. Many, if not MOST of the guys in the NFL locker rooms who are making millions would have been roughnecks and criminals hadn't they found this dysfunctional way of finding a true purpose and profession that is merely entertainment on a slightly more civilized plane than what was the Roman Gladiators waaaay back in the day. Get in touch with reality, my friend. The NFL locker rooms will see much needed change, but don't be fooled to think that JM couldn't have fixed this issue by enforcing the rules of the game instead of being the one who let the cat outta the bag. I am not trying to be right here.....I am just telling you the truth, no matter what you think is wrong with it. No offense intended, but you should get out a bit more if you think that mostly naturally law abiding, high character citizens constitute the majority of the NFL's player slots. Most of these guys are brought up in ways that YOU don't seem to be familiar with. It takes hard times to make hard folks like most of them, and that is why so many who make it have seen the worst of what our Country has to offer. For most of them, the NFL was the only way out....Unfortunately, you can't take the violence outta the man, you just control it, until you need to make a point amongst the rest of the creeps........Too hot? Get out......Lastly, check in with nearly any high school football coach in this country and ask him how he feels about his own team having the occasional fist fight break out in the locker room. Any honest one will tell you, "Its good for the toughness of the team. It helps to identify those who have passion and who aren't afraid of the violence associated with the game. It helps build individual respect amongst the TEAM members", etc. etc., etc., Sorry, it is what it is.......no matter how much you dislike it.....but please, don't accuse me for being at fault for telling you the truth, Dude.

[/QUOTE]

Rally - thanks for your response. I think we are not so far apart EXCEPT that the idea of a PERFECT world is totally unnecessary. We created this coutnry and our Constitution and our laws to make the world the sort of place we thought it shold be. ANd not perfection but a real place with just laws and a just way of applying them.

I never was a slave or owned a slave but I dont need to be told that that is just the rough and tumble world of the Plantation.

I also agree with you and others who say a person (not just a guy but anyone) should stand up for themselves. But - as YOU say - it is not always practical to take an idealistic approach. Frnakly, if someone waves a gun in my face I am not going to fight them I am going to call the police and let them handle it. Similarly if altercations in the work place are too extreme - and I have apoproached either the parties and/or the employer - the next step is the authorities. Heck, that is what we PAY the police and our courts for... to handle people acting out of control.

But more to ther point I wanted to make with you... and that is there is NO reason anyone has to put up with the stuff that was happeneing regardless of what the accpeted thuggish norms wre or are. Martin asked the team to intervene in one way or another. THeir response was to take meds! FIne... time to bring in the authorities. Case closed. No need to go along with thugs. No need to go alopng with the Mafia... or any other strong arm thugs. Period. Put an end to this. There is no need for it. There is no good reason to accpet it. There is every reason to end it. ANd since the team did not (nor the league till pushed to it --- as with concussions) then the guy was WELL within reason to report it.

I am glad you and I agree that the thuggish behavior is bad. The only gap between us is that anyone, EVERYONE has the right to bring problems like this to the authorities and then the police and the courts can handle it. AND FRANKLY - Martin DID appoach the team asking for them to handle it. They did not. Which makes them culpable and shows they are part ofthe problem.

Frankly, I do not know what all the hoopla is about over Martin! If he was walking down the street and someone did these things to him no one would bat an eye about him reporting it. So mayne those who have a problem with Martin ought to drip their issues... Martin was just handling this in a very civilized, even measured way., Good for him. An adult in a sea of jerks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rally - thanks for your response. I think we are not so far apart EXCEPT that the idea of a PERFECT world is totally unnecessary. We created this coutnry and our Constitution and our laws to make the world the sort of place we thought it shold be. ANd not perfection but a real place with just laws and a just way of applying them.

I never was a slave or owned a slave but I dont need to be told that that is just the rough and tumble world of the Plantation.

I also agree with you and others who say a person (not just a guy but anyone) should stand up for themselves. But - as YOU say - it is not always practical to take an idealistic approach. Frnakly, if someone waves a gun in my face I am not going to fight them I am going to call the police and let them handle it. Similarly if altercations in the work place are too extreme - and I have apoproached either the parties and/or the employer - the next step is the authorities. Heck, that is what we PAY the police and our courts for... to handle people acting out of control.

But more to ther point I wanted to make with you... and that is there is NO reason anyone has to put up with the stuff that was happeneing regardless of what the accpeted thuggish norms wre or are. Martin asked the team to intervene in one way or another. THeir response was to take meds! FIne... time to bring in the authorities. Case closed. No need to go along with thugs. No need to go alopng with the Mafia... or any other strong arm thugs. Period. Put an end to this. There is no need for it. There is no good reason to accpet it. There is every reason to end it. ANd since the team did not (nor the league till pushed to it --- as with concussions) then the guy was WELL within reason to report it.

I am glad you and I agree that the thuggish behavior is bad. The only gap between us is that anyone, EVERYONE has the right to bring problems like this to the authorities and then the police and the courts can handle it. AND FRANKLY - Martin DID appoach the team asking for them to handle it. They did not. Which makes them culpable and shows they are part ofthe problem.

Frankly, I do not know what all the hoopla is about over Martin! If he was walking down the street and someone did these things to him no one would bat an eye about him reporting it. So mayne those who have a problem with Martin ought to drip their issues... Martin was just handling this in a very civilized, even measured way., Good for him. An adult in a sea of jerks.

[/QUOTE

Portfolio, very good. Lets not forget that JM had been swimming with the sharks as one of them for most of his life when he decided he wasn't one of them anymore. I agree thats his prerogative and applaud him for saying so. I just bring the other side of reality to what it is and to what he already knew so well. Peace!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Portfolio, very good. Lets not forget that JM had been swimming with the sharks as one of them for most of his life when he decided he wasn't one of them anymore. I agree thats his prerogative and applaud him for saying so. I just bring the other side of reality to what it is and to what he already knew so well. Peace!

[/QUOTE]

Nice to have a respectful exchange. Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Martin comes off as a crybaby--how this guy played football all these years is beyond me the body of a man the heart of a mouse-wait I shouldn't disrespect mice like that! Incognitostill has the  high school jock mentality, but Martin is a phony and crybaby who needs to find a different sport.

[/QUOTE]

Playing football in college and high school is a totally different situation from playing in the pros. When you are playing in the pros harassment and creating a hostile work environment can become a crime. The Japanese trainer also apparently was harassed. Do you find that appropriate as well?