Do you agree with these report card grades?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Do you agree with these report card grades?

Jets report card

OFFENSE F

Mark Sanchez (17-for-33, 164 yards, 3 INTs, 27.8 rating) looked bad early and got worse as the game went on. All three of his INTs led to second-half Patriots TDs. The running game was OK. Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith had key drops. Santonio Holmes (7 rec., 72 yards) made a few plays, but that was about it.

DEFENSE F

The worst play of the night came from safety Eric Smith, who was called for a 36-yard pass interference penalty in the end zone that gave the Patriots their first TD. The defensive front put no pressure on Tom Brady, who had his way with the Jets (21-29, 326 yards, 4 TDs, 148.9 rating). Coverage in the secondary was brutal, particularly by CB Antonio Cromartie, who gave up a TD.

SPECIAL TEAMS F

P Steve Weatherford’s 12-yard shanked punt in the first quarter led to the Patriots’ second TD. Nick Folk missed a 53-yard FG attempt way wide left in the first quarter. The return game was non-existent. A Brad Smith illegal-block penalty negated a long Holmes punt return, costing the Jets 33 yards in field position.

COACHING F

Rex Ryan said the team had its best practice of the season. The fact that it translated into this mess was a bad reflection of the entire coaching staff, which was badly outcoached by New England’s. Ryan made a bad challenge of a spot in the first quarter that never ended up mattering because of the blowout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Re: Do you agree with these report card grades?

Ryan did a overall bad job, but in his defense I think he was right to challenge. Sanchez kept his knee of the ground, and I thought he got the first down. Being a Pat fan, Im naturally happy the refs didnt overturn it. But I do think the refs made a bad call then.

The game would have been closer if the refs made the right call there. A closer game would have been played differently. Not to mention, Ryan would have gotten his challenge back. Either way, it was clearly the Pats night. The Jets would not have won.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Do you agree with these report card grades?:
    [QUOTE]Ryan did a overall bad job, but in his defense I think he was right to challenge. Sanchez kept his knee of the ground, and I thought he got the first down. Being a Pat fan, Im naturally happy the refs didnt overturn it. But I do think the refs made a bad call then. The game would have been closer if the refs made the right call there. A closer game would have been played differently. Not to mention, Ryan would have gotten his challenge back. Either way, it was clearly the Pats night. The Jets would not have won.
    Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

It made no difference at all.  They went for it on fourth down and made the first down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I disagree, you have to take the opponents into account...give em C's.
    The Jets are not that good , they will go out 2-2 or worst the rest of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you agree with these report card grades? : It made no difference at all.  They went for it on fourth down and made the first down.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Actually, you are right. Forgot about that. Jets punted so much, its easy to get confused!

Point is, I think the refs made a bad call. What we can learn from this is that you better be very, very certain you will win a challenge of a spot before using a challenge. I thought Ryan was going to get a better spot. But you are 100% right, it made no difference since they were going on 4th down regardless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

LOL!!! I'll add that I thought that Ryan made a huge mistake in choosing to attempt a 53 yard FG...albeit with the wind. The subsequent miss gave the Pats great field position, leading to a TD.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ryan was in panic mode most the night and Marty's kid did a horrible job.  Son like father.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you agree with these report card grades? : Actually, you are right. Forgot about that. Jets punted so much, its easy to get confused! Point is, I think the refs made a bad call. What we can learn from this is that you better be very, very certain you will win a challenge of a spot before using a challenge. I thought Ryan was going to get a better spot. But you are 100% right, it made no difference since they were going on 4th down regardless.
    Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!

A "bad call" on a 3rd down challenge that didn't make a difference at all doesn't amount to a mosquito sting in the general scheme of a 45-3 drubbing. Didn't matter at all. It was early in the game, but it didn't set any "tone" on what was about to happen. The Pats pucked up the 1st down on 4th down anyway, with plenty of yards to spare. The challenge was irrelevent.

Stop looking for somthing that wasn't there, or trying to impress aomeone (anyone) with your "football knowlegde".

A "bad call' is NOT flagging the Ravens after breaking Big Ben's schnoze, or no flags for the Texans/Titans helmet ripping/swinging fiasco. NOT missing a spot on a 3rd down play.