Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45?

In Response to Re: Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45?:
    [QUOTE]i think the thing brady has going for him is hes a pocket passer, he doesnt scramble. Because of this His career will extend longer then a player who scrambles alot. I think its perfectly plausible for brady to play till he is 45, with only minor performance hits, which could actually improve his game, Less trying to throw bombs, and more of the mid range stuff he is really good at.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Does it scare you at all that threw more then he ever has last year? At 34 years old! It scares me. He is subject to some big hits....and cheap shots by the ever growing number of steroid raging DE/OLB/SAFETIES who would like nothing more then to injure him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think this is just Tom's ego talking. Sure, he would like to play till 45 and I would like to be catching air as a championship freestyle snowboarder and free style moto cross competitor. There's lot of things we all would like to do....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]I am concerned about 35, more so than 45.  Let's start with getting a running game going, getting him hit less, etc, so he's not hobbling around in SBs for us anymore. How about that? This "play til I'm 40" crap is being blown out of proportion because of who he is. It's no different than Pedro Martinez in Game 7 of 2003's ALCS. Of course I want him to say he wants to finish the game, but is/was that realistic?  Of course not. Let's start with 2012, a run game, more balance, more under center, more Weis plays, and keeping him more upright.  Thanks.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

Hey Bassie,

Nice to see you being the voice of moderation and balance. Keep it up!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45? : THAT alone is why I am so hellbent on more of a running game and him under center.  I swear, he's just so obsessed with chasing down 2007 and those stats. Moss and Welker in 2007 made it easy for him to do that, but those days are long, long gone. What's funny is, we're trying to suggest things to prolong his career, while Babe Parilli would prefer him carted off on a stretcher again this year. More playaction, more under center, more heavy sets and some eye formations, etc. It's high time or offense starts punching peopel in the mouth again and dictating, instead of us seeing our offense have to react on their heels.

We could also get him a defense that would make it so we wouldn't have to score 45 points a game to win...that might keep him "upright". I think that would be just as effective as "punching people (let's spell it like that, rather than like this..peopel) in the mouth". 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

It's highly unlikely he'll play til he's 45.  In his mind, he never wants to stop playing.  But I agree with BassFishing that we need the run game established more this year so that we can set up better playactions (which Brady is amazing at doing) and keep him from getting hit so much.  The defense has nothing to do with Brady's career lasting long.  Sounds like another cheapshot at the defense which isn't deserved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]It's highly unlikely he'll play til he's 45.  In his mind, he never wants to stop playing.  But I agree with BassFishing that we need the run game established more this year so that we can set up better playactions (which Brady is amazing at doing) and keep him from getting hit so much.  The defense has nothing to do with Brady's career lasting long.  Sounds like another cheapshot at the defense which isn't deserved.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Sure it does.  If they don't HAVE to score as many points they can do things like rush more and pass less.  If they are way ahead in the second half instead if 21pts behind, they can rush more.  If they are 9pts ahead and trust their D to hold, they can rush more.
    They were giving up almost 22pts a game.  You have to score 3td's and a fg every single game to beat that.  That usually requires a lot of throwing.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I36666n Response to Re: Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45? : This statement is off and it almost makes it appear like you don't understand the game. Many traditional run base offenses would have big scoring games by using a run game as their back drop of their offense.   It would just take quality playcalling and some time to get the desired result.  Scoring a lot and fast isn't as great as you think it is.  Let me ask you this: Why do you think the 1980s Chargers, Dolphins or 1990s Bills never won a SB?

How is it off?  Teams that run a lot don't usually score as many points as teams that pass unless they are running to kill the clock late. Teams run alot when they are ahead, not behind.
    Scoring a lot and fast is what teams try do do when they are behind or want to build a lead. 
    I understand using the run to set up the pass.
    I also understand you have to establish that early and not in the second half of a game when you are behind or have a slight lead.
    Play calling is determined what is going on in a game and by how much you trust your D.  If you are not comfortable with a 1 score lead, you try and get to a point where you are comfortable.  In the case of the Pats, last year, it was shooting for an 11 point lead. (almost 33 pts a game)
    BB is a very percentage oriented coach.  If he needs 10 yrds, he's going for the 9 yrd throw and not the 3, 3.something yard runs.  Especially when he knows the defensive TOP has been poor all year and his offensive time is limited.
    The defensive TOP averaged 36 minutes last year and near the bottom of the league.  That forces you into having to score quickly and as often as you can.
    Which means throwing a lot.
    The Bills lost to the Giants the same way the Pats did.  The Giants dominated TOP and kept them off the field.  Fact.
    I didn't watch a lot of FB in the 80's so I would have to research those games to answer that. I'm assuming you're blaming it on the lack of running.
    I'm not disputing the need for diversity on the O.  I do think TB is throwing too much but you also have to have a D to help out.
    NO one runs a lot if they can't trust the D to hold a lead or keep the points low enough so that they don't have to score 33pts a game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whipitgood. Show whipitgood's posts

I can't see him playing until he is 45.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45?:
    [QUOTE]By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com When the Patriots drafted Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett in the third round of the 2011 NFL draft, some believed the team was targeting then-33 year old Tom Brady’s eventual replacement. If that was indeed the plan, the veteran quarterback made it clear he doesn’t expect it to happen any time soon, as he proclaimed last year that he wants to continue playing for 10 more seasons. Brady has altered his future plans slightly, telling Sports Illustrated’s Peter King that he’ll play “until they tell me they don't want me anymore.'' Appearing on WEEI earlier Monday afternoon, one of Brady’s most trusted receiving targets, Wes Welker, declared that he has no doubt that the quarterback could continue to play for another 10 years. (Full audio of the interview available HERE ). That would mean a career spanning until the age of 45 for Brady, which would put him in rare company amongst NFL players. In fact, should Brady stick around that long as a starter, he’d become the oldest starting quarterback in NFL history, surpassing three players who started at age 44 – Warren Moon, Steve DeBerg, and Vinny Testaverde. DeBerg spent his final season with the Falcons, starting one game in 1998. Moon similarly started one game while suiting up for the Chiefs in 2000, while Testaverde managed six starts for the Panthers in 2007. Only one quarterback, George Blanda, played past the age of 44. Blanda, who was primarily a kicker in the latter portion of his career, retired at the age of 48 as the NFL’s all-time leading scorer (he has since been surpassed on the list). Welker credits Brady’s preparation and approach to everything in his life as a reason he has been able to be such an effective player for so long. “In every decision he makes and everything he does – from what he eats, to what he drinks, to what his traveling schedule is – everything is centered around football. Everything … Every decision he makes is literally towards being a better football player,” he said. After reading this I think he can play till he is at least 40 tops.
    Posted by Zeoli42[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it appear that Tom is getting nicked up (elbow problems, etc) more and more every year? Things like that happen when a player starts getting old. My guess is that, if he remains free of any serious injury, that he has 2-3 good years left. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Two things I think that will affect how long he plays:

1) His kids.  As they get older and he starts missing more and more things, i thing he is the type of guy that would hang it up to "spend more time with the family"

2) Championships.  i think both he and BB want to get that 4th and if possible fifth title to tie and break the record.  If they get those sooner rather then later (if at all), I think they both walk away earlier rather then later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Much agreed on the run game.  It will extend TB's career.

Sorry Mallett

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Why would he play until he is 45?  He has taken some serious hits over the years.  these will add up fast as he gets older.  He is not mobile so the hits will keep coming.  He has more money than he needs.  My belief is that if he wins 1 or 2 more titles, he will hang it up.  Why play until he is 45 and go out in a wheelchair?  What does he have to gain?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45?:
    [QUOTE]By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com When the Patriots drafted Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett in the third round of the 2011 NFL draft, some believed the team was targeting then-33 year old Tom Brady’s eventual replacement. If that was indeed the plan, the veteran quarterback made it clear he doesn’t expect it to happen any time soon, as he proclaimed last year that he wants to continue playing for 10 more seasons. Brady has altered his future plans slightly, telling Sports Illustrated’s Peter King that he’ll play “until they tell me they don't want me anymore.'' Appearing on WEEI earlier Monday afternoon, one of Brady’s most trusted receiving targets, Wes Welker, declared that he has no doubt that the quarterback could continue to play for another 10 years. (Full audio of the interview available HERE ). That would mean a career spanning until the age of 45 for Brady, which would put him in rare company amongst NFL players. In fact, should Brady stick around that long as a starter, he’d become the oldest starting quarterback in NFL history, surpassing three players who started at age 44 – Warren Moon, Steve DeBerg, and Vinny Testaverde. DeBerg spent his final season with the Falcons, starting one game in 1998. Moon similarly started one game while suiting up for the Chiefs in 2000, while Testaverde managed six starts for the Panthers in 2007. Only one quarterback, George Blanda, played past the age of 44. Blanda, who was primarily a kicker in the latter portion of his career, retired at the age of 48 as the NFL’s all-time leading scorer (he has since been surpassed on the list). Welker credits Brady’s preparation and approach to everything in his life as a reason he has been able to be such an effective player for so long. “In every decision he makes and everything he does – from what he eats, to what he drinks, to what his traveling schedule is – everything is centered around football. Everything … Every decision he makes is literally towards being a better football player,” he said. After reading this I think he can play till he is atleast 40 tops.
    Posted by Zeoli42[/QUOTE]
    Sure if they allow wheelchairs on the playing field.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you guys think Brady can Play till he is 45? : Oh sweet. Here's a Babe Parilli clone. Gee, thanks for contributing and pointing out the one typo and that being your response. Gee, Mt Hurl, you're really a good Pats fan who contributes to the discussions. lol

I know the spell and grammar check thing is a trivial and childish thing to do that quite frankly only a__ holes would do...I got the idea from you. Next I'll start asking if you went to college or have ever watched an NFL football game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.