Do you think Jim Mora would DC for the Pats? OC WAS A MISTAKE;)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Do you think Jim Mora would DC for the Pats? OC WAS A MISTAKE;)

Seattle has fire Jim Mora after one season.  I still think he is a good coach / cordinator.  If he still wants to coach you think the Pats would ever make a play for a guy like him? 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/08/mora/index.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Do you think Jim Mora would OC for the Pats?

Well my name is Chris Sylvia but I'm  from New Bedford, MA

I was mistaken I thought he was OC because they were talking about Vic going to Seattle and reuniting with Mora. 

I'm currently stationed in Seattle Washington when I'm not deployed. 

On the other hand would he be a good DC?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

well there is talk of dean pees stepping down due to his health issues....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Just don't see it happening but you can't necessarily dismiss it completely. I see him going to USF or possibly USC if Carroll does go to Seattle to coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Let's hope not.

(and is it Seattle, or Whidby Island?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The Pats don't want a coach who throws his players under the bus in the media. Mora is finished for a good while as an HC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I am glad there are people here who know that Mora would not be a good addition in NE. For all of the Hawks' complaints of Holmgren, Mora was a worse coach...not becasue he did not know xs and Os...but because he is not mature in the way that he deals with people around him, player or otherwise. nobody will want to play hard for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Do you think Jim Mora would DC for the Pats? OC WAS A MISTAKE;)

This year I have been deployed so I can't say i followed seattle that much, mostly followed the Pats online and saw a few game when i could get to a mwr to watch whatever games AFN had on.

I do know that seattle had alot on injuries, mainly to their offensive line.  I do know seattle didn't do that great in Holmgrens last year and looked to be in decline. I don't think that it was all Mora's fualt but i really didn't know what people though of him as a couch.

That is why I posted the question and I get most people don't like him.
    Just thought I'd ask just out of boredum and to increase my knowledge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

You said you were from New Bedford.  Where'd you go to school?

I went to ORR for the first three years and transferred to Bishop Stang my senior year.

I started high school in fall 2002 and graduated may 2006.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I do not believe we need a new DC.

http://www.patriotsfootballplace.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I went to HS from 1993 to 1997. I then live in the new bedford area till 2004 when i enlisted.  I worked at various loctaions in North Darthmouth grouwing up. 2002 thru 2004 was at sears at the north darthmouth mall. Who know maybe crossed paths before I entered the army.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

BB and Mora don't like each other.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I could see Pepper getting a shot if Pees isn't retained.  Al Groh is another guy to keep in mind as he's been both a HC and DC at the college and pro level and has a history with BB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

mbeaulieu07

Good point about having a history with BB, it's far more likely for him to hire someone he's known or worked with in the past.  Al Groh is a good example... that being said Bill B has always been the actual defensive coach so we would be better off hiring an offensive coordinator who has been successful in our system.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Let's hope not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The Pats don't make splashy coaching hires. Dom Capers was an anomaly.

They promote from within. Matt Patricia is next in line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wozzy,
    Thanks.  Personally I think BB is hindered by Pees/O'brien.  When he had Weis/Romeo on his staff, he could simply pass down directions or instructions as to what he wanted done and they'd take care of the rest.  IMO, it seems he spends too much time now coaching the coaches instead of focusing on other things.  I think Groh would bring that working knowledge of what Belichick expects and has the experience to coordinate the defense with out all the additional supervision.

I agree with you, that they need an upgrade in offensive coaching talent as well as it's clear that the continued losses of quality offensive coaching talent (Weis/McDaniels) has taken its toll.  Look no further than last season, going 11-5 with Cassel at QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

We have a good defensive coordinator- BB.  Everyone who has that title just passes his message to the players.

Sections
Shortcuts