Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique

what is the chance when he gets back from his shoulder injury that he magically returns to 2010 mccourty

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique

IDK, but the secondary would look much better with 2010 Mcourty and 2011 Arrington together. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]what is the chance when he gets back from his shoulder injury that he magically returns to 2010 mccourty

IMO he will be rested both physically and mentally, and highly motivated from seeing replacements doing his job.  Look for a much improved MC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I personally think he was injured - maybe a hammy, quad, or groin pull. 

I agree with dustcover that he will be rested both physically and mentally and should be playing at a higher level once he's back on the field. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think it's metaphysical.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think its pathelogical, perhaps even spiritual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think he's played fine. A lot of guys have a sophomore slump, but he's still playing well enough to be their #1 corner. That may not say much with this secondary but he'll be fine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique:
    what is the chance when he gets back from his shoulder injury that he magically returns to 2010 mccourty
    Posted by patthepatriot666

Technique

He's falling victim to the craftiest trick in the #1 receiver's arsennel - the half-arm pushoff

He needs to find a way to subtly shake off that arm and stay right up in the receiver's grill while still playing the ball.  That's why his struggles are primarily coming against bigger receivers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique:
    I think it's metaphysical.
    Posted by shenanigan

You consulted your crystal balls for that one?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree with Deluxe, I think he has been toughing out a groin injury all year.

he was out early on in camp and noone knows why. He knew the team was depending on him so he hasnt really missed time, but after the year he will have some sort of surgery that will explain it all.

I only say this because I started watching him a month ago more closely as he struggled and noticed he was doing the same things technique wise that he did last year but his hips seemed to be stiffer. This is why I think its a groin or hip strain.

Hopefully the time off his feet will help. Even a struggling McCourty is better than Molden or Adams

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I'm just curious as to how the over all defense will perform with McCourty, Chung, Spikes & Fletcher back in the mix....and the question is will these guys make it back for the playoffs??

And to answer the original post....he'll be just fine when he's 100%.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

McCourty is having an off year.  Is it physical?  Not sure.  I hope that the rest will cure his ills.  He seemed to be getting better just before he was hurt.  I think he will be his old self when he returns.  Hopefully he will not rush back and he will be healthy for the playoffs.  The CB's they have now will be enough for this week.  Let him sit one more week at least

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

no rush, I agree.

The good thing is that his feet and legs should better, the bad news is he probably wont be as fierce a tackler the rest of this season after hurting his shoulder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't know, but I actually think his problems began late last season.  I know that sounds bizarre.  He made the pro bowl afterall.  However, QB's started to throw his way more and more later in the season last year.  I think some of us even commented on that.

If forced to choose, I'll go with psychological.  Success can give you a case of amnesia...forgetting what got you there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique:
    I'm just curious as to how the over all defense will perform with McCourty, Chung, Spikes & Fletcher back in the mix....and the question is will these guys make it back for the playoffs?? And to answer the original post....he'll be just fine when he's 100%.
    Posted by tanbass

I'm asking the same thing.  Logic says it gets better, but I'm kind of digging the way these backups are playing right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Biological.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He got hyped after college, and has regressed since his rookie year.

Heck Edelman is probably going to be one of our new CBs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

His problem is that he gets beat of the line. Its almost as if hes guessing what the WR is doing and not jamming and then reacting. Someone mentioned above that he gets beat with the half arm push off, also know as the quick swim, and yes he gets beat on it frequently. The good news is that its fixable and his down field coverage is still very good but he just needs to get a better jam of the line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

I figure we're getting to the point where Bill will hold McCourty, Chung, Spikes & Fletcher out as long as possible with a couple of games to get them back up to speed.

I would like to see Spikes back in time to lay out Tebow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Wow. Just got a shiver ... the exact same thread was started in Darius Butler's sophomore campaign.

I hope it doesn't end that way with DMC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Wow. Just got a shiver ... the exact same thread was started in Darius Butler's sophomore campaign. I hope it doesn't end that way with DMC.
    Posted by zbellino

Comparing McCourty with Butler in like comparing Wilfork playing QB with Brady!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique : Comparing McCourty with Butler in like comparing Wilfork playing QB with Brady!
    Posted by maine12

Not after their first season. McCourty looked much better, but they both regressed ... hard. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Butler's play during his rookie season earned him a starting position.
    Butler's play during his second season earned him the boot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think mccourtys problem is psychological or technique : Not after their first season. McCourty looked much better, but they both regressed ... hard. 
    Posted by zbellino

Butler was never good. And never really got the chance to play he was so bad. McCourty has regressed but hes still twice the CB Butler was. McCourty was never scared to make a tackle or make a play in the box. 

So I guess its like comparing Brady playing DT with Wilfork. Is that better?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Butler was never good. He played the final game of the year in 2009 and got an INT and played decent and everyone jumped to annoint including myself. McCourty has played a whole season at a top 10 level and I don't think it was just a fluke... 16 times in a row.

Sections
Shortcuts