Do you think McDaniels is adding some value to this game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Do you think McDaniels is adding some value to this game?

Just curious if he is sort of just observing or do you think he's adding real value to the game planning for the SB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Do you think McDaniels is adding some value to this game?

Given that Spagnuolo was the head coach in St. Louis this season, I'm sure he was fed a lot of knowledge St. Louis's defense, much of which is similar to the Giants's defense. Furthermore, the Rams played the Giants this season, so he sure as heck got a lot of specific info from Spags about the Giants defense leading up to that game.

I'm sure he has a lot of information to offer, in terms of formations, personnel tendencies, and tendencies of the defense in general. McDaniels will have a big impact on this game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I would venture to guess that McD is providing more insight into the game plan than OBrien at this point.  OBrien has to be stretched pretty thin right now with SB loomng and PSU obligations, so I would imagine that McD will have his print all over this game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope he is. Why bring in him? I hope he's the first guy telling B'OB something if the O starts stumbling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

McDaniels did not do that good a job in the super bowl the last time they were in it. The Pats played the Giants this year also so there can't be too much McDaniels knows that Belichek doesn't unless it is how to recognize which Giant player is worse at faking injuries to slow down the no huddle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

this just in....no.  he lost in 2007, what insight did he gain in loserville denver and loserville stlouis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think McDaniels is adding some value to this game?:
    [QUOTE]this just in....no.  he lost in 2007, what insight did he gain in loserville denver and loserville stlouis
    Posted by getdrunkstupit[/QUOTE]

Even still, BB brought him back and he can add value. B'OB has pretty much been running JMcD's offense since he left for the Donkos.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I suspect he's helping quite a bit in the game planning, even if he's doing nothing more than sharing some ideas and making some suggestions.  A new perspective will maybe result in a few unexpected wrinkles in the offensive game plan and that could be a big advantage if it means the Giants see some things that look very different from what the Pats have showed all year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think McDaniels is adding some value to this game?:
    [QUOTE]I suspect he's helping quite a bit in the game planning, even if he's doing nothing more than sharing some ideas and making some suggestions.  A new perspective will maybe result in a few unexpected wrinkles in the offensive game plan and that could be a big advantage if it means the Giants see some things that look very different from what the Pats have showed all year.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct! I saw months ago a film clip of Spags and Josh going over the Super Bowl plays of 4 years ago explaining to each other what the reason was for the defense doing what it was doing and how the offense could have made an adjustment to fix it. He brings a lot of knowledge and clearly understands each teams strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately I couldn't  find any links on it. But there is this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/53202/josh-mcdaniels-the-patriots-invisible-man

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Can never hurt to have another set of experienced eyes looking for ways to attack the Giants def.

Sections
Shortcuts