Do you think they will make any changes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Do you think they will make any changes?

With all the headlines going to KC recently with bringing in Weis and Crennel, do you think the Pats will make any changes this offseason with thier staff?

I personally dont think so and I cant think of any OC's or DC's that BB would actually bring in.  I know for sure that Pees isnt going anywhere.  (Well I actually dont know for sure, but you know what I mean)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PFSIKH. Show PFSIKH's posts

Re: Do you think they will make any changes?

I wonder what Bill's thought process is.....

The benefit of grooming your OC is that you will have him longer versus the 'potential' of losing a veteran OC to a HC job.  Thus avoiding more frequent turnover.

Of course, you are sacrificing experience and knowledge by pinning the hopes your all world QB can compensate for the 'learning on the job' coordinator.

In some regards, I wish Bill would find a Scar equivalent, or Jim Johnson/Monty Kiffin/Dick Lebeau type for the offense and defense.  Of course, it would require them to be paid a decent salary, but the continuity would be there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Why do these coaches stay with these teams so long. Look at the Colts, Manning's had the same offensive coordinators since he got there. Moore trys to retire and they bring him back.!  Why did Romeo leave, ego-- did he really think he could be an effective head coach. and they don't do well when they go. I could see Charlie leaving, and I thought he would do better than he did. But I wonder how they will do in KC without Belichick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@NEGAME....I think some of these OC's and DC's are older guys and probably have already tested the HC market and realized that they are probably more effective at being a Coordinator.  I thought the same with Weis.  I thought he would be a good HC but maybe college was not the way to go.  He may end up being a good HC in the NFL or he may just be a OC the rest of his career.  As far as Romeo, I think it was his first chance to be a NFL coach and had to give it a shot.  I believe that Romeo knows his place and will stay a DC the rest of the time he is in the NFL.  Weis thinks he is too great to remain an OC.  He will be out of KC in 2yrs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I agree about Weis, I can see him and Haley coming to blows before the season is over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

maybe get bill cohwer as a DC if he would take that instead of a HC job.. doubt it tho, i really hope dean pees gets the boot, we can deal with O'Brian for another couple seasons if we have a good DC

Sections
Shortcuts