Do You Trust the Police?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Do You Trust the Police?

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Do you see undercovers on Gillette's grounds?

How would you know?  Do they look like this:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Dennard happens to be black and was apparently made an example of by the Lincoln, NE Police Department.

It doesn't matter what color you are. If you hit a cop and especially if you are a rather famous person, they will be gunning for you. If you are black, it may well be that this goes double.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

I've never seen more st--p-d responses than the ones read here...Why does everything have to become racial? 

The cops are gunning for Dennard... Poor guy...Stop with this lunacy! I m sure Dennard had 1 or 2 drinks...that's like having 1 or 2 potato chips...and for those not fimilar with hand held breathalyzers ...you have to blow hard enough to get a reading...that's just the way it works.. If you don't blow hard enough you wont get a reading...Dennard refused breathalyzer at the station house...why would he refuse if he only had 1 or 2 beers..please give me a break! I am a huge Patriots fan! But if a player does something dumb like drink and drive Violating his probation..shame on him!  ...he should be punished before he hurts or kills someone in our families by drinking and driving!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Brady2Welker47

I've never seen more st--p-d responses than the ones read here...Why does everything have to become racial? 

The cops are gunning for Dennard... Poor guy...Stop with this lunacy! I m sure Dennard had 1 or 2 drinks...that's like having 1 or 2 potato chips...and for those not fimilar with hand held breathalyzers ...you have to blow hard enough to get a reading...that's just the way it works.. If you don't blow hard enough you wont get a reading...Dennard refused breathalyzer at the station house...why would he refuse if he only had 1 or 2 beers..please give me a break! I am a huge Patriots fan! But if a player does something dumb like drink and drive Violating his probation..shame on him!  ...he should be punished before he hurts or kills someone in our families by drinking and driving!

I didn't hear he refused one at the station. I know for a fact that when a cop gives you attest he will tell you that you have to blow with force.  If you don't its considered a fail. You get a couple chances.  Funny how goddell hasn't made Dennard come have a meeting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

From what the press says, I have to lean toward the Dennard version.  Yes, the cops absolutely hate anyone who even pretends to slug a cop, and they worry about scary big-muscled black tough kids twice as much as anyone else.  So, when the judge coddled Dennard (he'll probably get off with no prison time if he keeps his nose clean for a year because he's an NFL phenomenon and an upper middle class wage earner, he's probably tired of hearing about "junior bonds" and "spiders" but he owns some) the cops said "we've gotta bust that kid.  Nobody gets off for free, nobody."  Anyhow, that's my two cents.  Here, blow into this, kid, you didn't blow hard enough, blow into it again, that's it, get in the squad car, you're going to jail for a year. 

I don't trust the Police to give a good concert.  Legends are too overpriced and then they have bad backs or something when you get to the show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Bottom line... he better be starting opposite Talib. 

I think the bottom line is we really wont know truthfully what happened that night...and the other bootom line is Dennard most likely is looking at 3-4 game suspension, and maybe jail time

Why suspension and jail time if they can not prove a DUI?

This is what I was saying last week when you were mocking me on the heels of Pezzy's nonsensical posts.

I kept saying it's not a violation until they can prove the charge.  What evidence do they even have?

This will be tossed.  At best, a plea deal where he may have to serve his 30 days next spring (maybe less), but it's smelling more and more like his biggest mistake was being in Lincoln, NE in the offseason because his gf still lives there. Well, that's not a crime, nor is driving to her house.

He will get NO suspension if the case is tossed due to lack of evidence. Rkrap is too dumb to know that the original and QUESTIONABLE felony conviction from this spring does not apply to Goodell's two strike policy.

He has 1 strike pre NFL employment and if this is tossed here, it's still ZERO strikes in the NFL.

Stop being a whiny, poor picked on pansy.  I didn't mock you in that thread about this.  More lies from Rusty. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Me by myself? Sometimes, about as much as you can trust a person who has a quota to fill when it comes to ruining your life. 

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think anyone is suspecting Dennard is going to do jail time for a suspicion of a DUI (or a dui for that matter). It's the probability that this violated his probation...that is what the worry is. For the record I don't think Lincoln Police are targeting him, nor do I believe he had "1 or 2 beers" that night. How many times in the last month has this guy driven the streets of Nebraska? They never pulled him over before, but they just happen to pull him over the night he had a beer or two? Nebraska Corhuskers are looked upon like Gods in Lincoln...no one thinks there's a chance this could be Dennard fault? Maybe I'm totally off base in this, but him not being able to blow hard enough into a breathalyzer would be an automatic fail in some states, correct?

To settle all this the judge should ask for (and receive) the video from the officer's cruiser to varify Dennard was swerving and driving erratically - that should be enough evidence either way. If Dennard was driving straight and narrow, then the cops in Lincoln are out to get him. If Dennard was swerving all over the roads, changing lanes, not using his directionals, etc...then he is guilty...and dumb. If there is no video I think the cops are guilty as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When you blow, if your drunk you admit your guilt. You can be charged with agrivated DUI which carrys stiffer penalty s   Being on parole I'd think it wold be better to not admit guilt. The lawyers in here can chime in.  I'm not saying he was super drunk but if he wasn't going to blow hard enough he should have just refused   

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't know what the motivation was behind the arresting of Dennard as he didn't fail the breathalizer test and wasn't intoxicated. I do know the us against them mentality and I trust no policemen who thinks it's his duty to rough up or arrest anyone based upon a prior event. I'm surprised Dennard didn't move for a change of probation status, meaning transferring his probationary period from Nebraska to Massachusettes. I now think it is apparent that the Police in and around the city of Lincoln have him on their unofficial arrest and harrass list. Trust no man.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Dennard better hope he doesn't have the case given to a corrupt prosecutor like Angela Corey in the Zimmerman case. It's all about politics & wins/loses in the court system, not justice.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Racist alert... "NotPickinPeyton" can immediately go on any rational persons ignore list. 

Let's go Pats!

i dont think he should have ranted like that, but rkarp was stupid to put "espescially the african american man" in that paragraph. theres just no need for that here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Racist alert... "NotPickinPeyton" can immediately go on any rational persons ignore list. 

Let's go Pats!

i dont think he should have ranted like that, but rkarp was stupid to put "espescially the african american man" in that paragraph. theres just no need for that here.

If you want to be willfully ignorant to the fact that people are targeted for their race, whether it be Hispanics, African Americans, Caucasians, Asians, etc, that's your choice.

But to pretend that racial profiling doesn't exist is disingenous. I don't know whether Dennard was profiled due to his race and/or his relationship with the state of Nebraska, but the possibility exists. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Let's go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

It's obvious that there are good human beings who work as cops--percentages alone would back this up---that being said I think Most cops are DIKS and I don't like to put myself in a position where the old saying rings true, which is-----"Power corrupts, Absolute power corrupts absolutley". In my lifes experiences I have come across a lot of A-whole Cops. And why Dennard would stay in that town, having the money to move, knowing that cops don't like it when you get over on them--makes no sense? I mean you just got off pretty easy in the Bar fight/cop situation and now you are driving around at that time in the morning, under the influence or not? Not sure if Lincoln Nebraska is predominatly white but if it is and you are a black man who no longer plays on the Huskers football team you might want to think about relocating, especially since your work is in MA.                                                                                                                                                                               

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Bottom line... he better be starting opposite Talib. 

I think the bottom line is we really wont know truthfully what happened that night...and the other bootom line is Dennard most likely is looking at 3-4 game suspension, and maybe jail time

Why suspension and jail time if they can not prove a DUI?

This is what I was saying last week when you were mocking me on the heels of Pezzy's nonsensical posts.

I kept saying it's not a violation until they can prove the charge.  What evidence do they even have?

This will be tossed.  At best, a plea deal where he may have to serve his 30 days next spring (maybe less), but it's smelling more and more like his biggest mistake was being in Lincoln, NE in the offseason because his gf still lives there. Well, that's not a crime, nor is driving to her house.

He will get NO suspension if the case is tossed due to lack of evidence. Rkrap is too dumb to know that the original and QUESTIONABLE felony conviction from this spring does not apply to Goodell's two strike policy.

He has 1 strike pre NFL employment and if this is tossed here, it's still ZERO strikes in the NFL.

Not TRUE.  It's a violation if his probation officer deems it a violation (which he did) and the judge agrees.

They don't have to prove a thing.   He was stopped for erratic driving and reeked of alcohol. If they do convict him of suspicion of DUI, his sentence will be more harsh than if they don't.  The suspicion alone can fry him.

He wasn't arrested for DUI but suspicion of it. 

What?  He didn't get up and shower and at least brush his teeth  after for sleeping for 4 hours, on his way to see his gf,  (at 1am) after a beer?    Sounds suspicious. Sorry.

But to answer the question of trusting cops, NO.  I wouldn't trust them all, in fact my sister married one and he was the biggest SOB alive.  He, himself went to prison for 9 years and the small town cops harassed my family for a while, because of it.  They stick together, regardless.  Whether or not that happened there, I don't know.

I do know it's dumb to drink and drive, especially if on probation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Because Kraft isn't a moron, you never see busts of any kind (nor have I heard anyone who has season tickets report issues) with plain clothes policemen, etc.

ARREST LOG, JULY 7: Police stay busy with 22 arrests over 8 days

Published: Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:36 PM EDT

Seven of the arrests were minors in possession of alcohol in the parking lot of Showcase Live at Patriot Place, the result of an undercover operation by police paid for with a grant obtained by the department to battle underage drinking.

----

Well Rusty, there is an undercover bust of some kind...at Patriot Place.

Sections
Shortcuts