Do you want Welker stay? Do you think he will stay?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Do you want Welker stay? Do you think he will stay?

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

NFW at anything over 5-6 mil a year.

No.

Sorry TFB but this is my answer too........... Maybe 7.5 at the absolute max, and Brady takes a small pay cut to make it happen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

NFW at anything over 5-6 mil a year.

No.

Sorry TFB but this is my answer too........... Maybe 7.5 at the absolute max, and Brady takes a small pay cut to make it happen. 

Of course I don't want the Pats to over pay and I really don't think Wes is asking for the bank, I think he want's a multi year contract with some good money up front, guaranteed,  and not another type of contract where he completly out plays the money he gets.  Let's not forget he outplayed his last contract to where it was embarrasing.  It was a steal for the Patriots, and while it might have looked good on paper that they had him and he played so good for what they paid him, it said a lot about how this team values players, and it was a embarassment!  What kind of message does that send current and future possible players for this team?  Had they redone his last contract becasue of how well he played my my opinion on this might not be so strong. 

I wouldn't mind a two year deal at $8 million per year.  He wanted more then two last season, they franchised him so if they offer him to 2 now with some good guaranteed money at $8 million a year, he should jump all over that.  That will have given him the 3 years he was looking for based on reports that I had seen last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

no

no

Bring Randy Moss back!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

No

No

Welker wants 11.5 million dollars if he becomes a free agent. Also, the Patriots don't need him at all. They have Edelman and another WR rookie (I forgot his name).   They need a tall over 6'0 atheltic  WR.

The offense is too much Welker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

All you No voters are nuts!  

it will be a huge mistake by not re signing WELKER ! All the more they add a true 1 like Wallace from Pitt and move Lloyd to the 2 and let WELKER do his thing at slot......and of course we have our injury prone tight ends....who always seem hurt.  WELKER plays hurt all the time but keeps playin!   pats led the league on 3 rd down pick ups this year, geez wonder why.  Lets revisit this stat next year without him.  They can bring in just 1 WR on this team then concentrate on the defensive side This offseason and this team will be fine...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

it will be a huge mistake by not re signing WELKER ! All the more they add a true 1 like Wallace from Pitt and move Lloyd to the 2 and let WELKER do his thing at slot......and of course we have our injury prone tight ends....who always seem hurt.  WELKER plays hurt all the time but keeps playin!   pats led the league on 3 rd down pick ups this year, geez wonder why.  Lets revisit this stat next year without him.  They can bring in just 1 WR on this team then concentrate on the defensive side This offseason and this team will be fine...

AGREED!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

and not another type of contract where he completly out plays the money he gets.

You know of any NFL players giving money back when they under play their contract?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

and not another type of contract where he completly out plays the money he gets.

You know of any NFL players giving money back when they under play their contract?

No and when that happens their next contract reflects that.  And then there is the other side.  When players outperform their current contract the team usually either redo their contract to reward them or their next contract offered takes that into consideration and pays the player accordingly.  Well, except with the Patriots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

yes

no

I love my Len--naaaaay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Question...

1.  Do you want Welker to stay as a member of this team?

2.  Do you think he will stay a member of this team?

Just answer yes or no, no discussion just yes or no.  Since there are so many threads and posts about this, it would be interesting to see where this place stands. no,he has had the case of the dropsies,un many key situations in many games,its time for edleman to step in his role,and then goafter a couple of great receivers in the draft,or free agency

1.  Yes

2. Yes

next

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In response to Vladtheimpaler1's comment:

Question...

1.  Do you want Welker to stay as a member of this team?

2.  Do you think he will stay a member of this team?

Just answer yes or no, no discussion just yes or no.  Since there are so many threads and posts about this, it would be interesting to see where this place stands. no,he has had the case of the dropsies,un many key situations in many games,its time for edleman to step in his role,and then goafter a couple of great receivers in the draft,or free agency

1.  Yes

2. Yes

next

no,he has had the case of the dropsies in many key plays, and in many games,its time for him to move on and let edelman to fill in

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

in fantasy land i agree but in the real world NE can't afford to invest $18-20 million per year in 2 receivers. can't wait til welker is officially gone. 

what was NE's 3rd down % in the playoffs?..you know.. when it actually matters?

Disagree With respect.  In the real world NE can sign anyone they want and make it work.  They can find a way if they really wanted to sign tier A talent vs B and C talent....the pats didn't lose last sunday because of WELKER my friend. In all honesty he was one guy that actually kept them in it for say 2 n half qtrs.  the patriots as a team/coaching had a horrific game and gameplaN.  WELKER was one of the main reasons they had 12 wins this year so they can 'host' the AFC title games.... So those game you say don't matter, Uuuhm, really do!   when you so this team struggle next season because WELKER is somewhere else you guy who want WELKER outta here better be the first ones to say you where wrong!   

Sign WELKER!  Keep him a patriot!  Add a top #1 wr to this team along with WELKER and the rest of their offense.  Then load up on defense!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

AGREED!!

Thanks tfb12.  I can't believe the madness out there to get rid of WELKER like this.  Amazing.  Makes no sense If you ask me.  He has been the most consistent patriot in 5 years.  with the chemistry he and Brady have, can't be matched.    We'll see, but I think they should load it up like they did in 07 offseason.  Meaning getting a down field threat like a Wallace ( or bowe? ) Not sure but, someone like that then resign WELKER and we already have Lloyd plus those injury free TEs.

The real work needs to come on defensive side, they have to get better defensively before they are going to win another....getting there but not there yet!    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

AGREED!!

Thanks tfb12.  I can't believe the madness out there to get rid of WELKER like this.  Amazing.  Makes no sense If you ask me.  He has been the most consistent patriot in 5 years.  with the chemistry he and Brady have, can't be matched.    We'll see, but I think they should load it up like they did in 07 offseason.  Meaning getting a down field threat like a Wallace ( or bowe? ) Not sure but, someone like that then resign WELKER and we already have Lloyd plus those injury free TEs.

The real work needs to come on defensive side, they have to get better defensively before they are going to win another....getting there but not there yet!    

It's mind blowing.  All the places on line that discuss Welker leaving, and polls that I have seen it's over whelming the amount of people who say keep him.  The majority in this thread say keep him but there are a few knuckleheads who thinks it would be better off to see him go.  Hopefully BB and the Pats aren't some of those knuckleheads!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Bottom line is he is not a number 1.  He's probably the greatest number 2 to ever play the game.  So he should get elite number 2 money. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Bottom line is he is not a number 1.  He's probably the greatest number 2 to ever play the game.  So he should get elite number 2 money. 

from the houston texans

I honestly don't know what you mean by that...?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

he deserves elite #2 money... from the houston texans

My goodness, you want him gone that bad huh.  Well I'd rather see the Pats get Talib and another corner, and bring in Freeney at the right price.

Then for offense start running Ridley and Bolden into the ground with a sprinkle of Vereen and Woody. 

Time to find the elite D again, and clock control offense.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts