Do you want Welker stay? Do you think he will stay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Do you want Welker stay? Do you think he will stay?

yes (but don't break the bank, let him go if he wants too much)

yes (i think brady restructures his contract and they work out a deal)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Funny you say that.  I said to a friend offer him 6.5 and tell TB that's what it is, and if you want us to give him more, then restructure your deal!  TB's deal is even too high!  No player is worth over 20 a year.  No ones that good. Even though it's headed in that direction.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

Funny you say that.  I said to a friend offer him 6.5 and tell TB that's what it is, and if you want us to give him more, then restructure your deal!  TB's deal is even too high!  No player is worth over 20 a year.  No ones that good. Even though it's headed in that direction.

yeah , i agree in that brady's deal is way too high, especially in this salary cap era. if he really wants another ring he should restructure that deal. even though they say that they dont pay a player for past performance but what they think his future worth will be brady is clearly being paid for his past performance. 20 million will drain a team really fast and i dont think any player is worth that right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

what has NE won with welker here? he isn't as important as everyone makes him out to be.    how does NE fix the defense if they sign wallace for $10 mill per and welker for $8-9 mill per? they also have to sign talib and vollmer. resigning talib alone doesn't fix the defense they need additions.. those cost $ too. 

What? Are you kidding me?  Worst question ever right there!  First of all what has any of these players won with the exception of 3.... Brady, Wilfork and Branch.  Second, look at the teams record since Welker has been on the team.  With the exception of the 2 back to Super Bowl seasons the team has had the best records with him here including an undefeated regular season record, the highest scoring offense ever, 2 lucky plays away from 2 super bowl victories.  This Patriots offense has been the highest scoring team 3 out of the 6 season Welker has been on the team, and one of the seasons they weren't was when Brady was out.   So I would say Welker is a huge part of the Patriots offensive success next to Brady.  And I would say that a Brady/Welker combination is pretty dynamic.  So What has The Patriots done with Welker here, pretty amazing things I would say!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Wes Welker 0 Super Bowl Rings.. buy bye!

jeez, Al Jezerra t.v. must be down again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

anti-semite! shame on you

not hardly,little softy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The question isn't whether I want Welker to be part of this team, does Welker want to be part of this team, if so he'll take a hometown discount the way countless others have, to continue winning and piling up stats as well as avoid the inconvenience and expense of moving.  

But frankly after the winter you guys have had I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Miami.

I'll say this, there is no player in the NFL I'd rather have playing slot receiver for the Pats next year than Wes Welker, but Edelman's not a bad option either.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

The question isn't whether I want Welker to be part of this team, does Welker want to be part of this team, if so he'll take a hometown discount the way countless others have, to continue winning and piling up stats as well as avoid the inconvenience and expense of moving.  

But frankly after the winter you guys have had I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Miami.

I'll say this, there is no player in the NFL I'd rather have playing slot receiver for the Pats next year than Wes Welker, but Edelman's not a bad option either.

Take a team friendly contract after he totally out played his previous contract?  I would say he has pretty much earned a fair contract this time around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yes

No.. only because he wants to be paid and the Pats won't give him what he wants.  As long as he is paid, he'll go elsewhere, win or lose.  Name a Patriot who did extremely well on the Pats who chased $$$ and continued the level of success, personal and team, after leaving?  I dare say, none?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Yes

No.. only because he wants to be paid and the Pats won't give him what he wants.  As long as he is paid, he'll go elsewhere, win or lose.  Name a Patriot who did extremely well on the Pats who chased $$$ and continued the level of success, personal and team, after leaving?  I dare say, none?

I could see the Broncos or Packers going after and paying Welker.  Could you imagine Welker at either one of those teams?  Scary!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Yes

I could see the Broncos or Packers going after and paying Welker.  Could you imagine Welker at either one of those teams?  Scary!

With the QBs on those two teams, yes,I can see that.  But, it has been a rare event in which a key Pats player went to such good teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Take a team friendly contract after he totally out played his previous contract?  I would say he has pretty much earned a fair contract this time around.

Fair is a relative term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Superb!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Superb!!!!!

LOL!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB12 = TSWFAN hehehe love it keep exposing yourselves coward trolls.

Hahahaha!!  You gotta admit, that is a classic picture!!

You just don't let a guy with his stats and importance to the offense such as he is walk away. Who do you put in his place?    Could you imagine what would have happened had they let Welker go this past season?  They would have been sunk.  Edelman went out, Gronk went out who would they have gone to?  They need to address a deeper threat to add to the offense, Lloyd isn't the answer and you want to mess with the mid to short field passing game and let go the most productive player on the offense.  Brilliant!  Instead of getting rid of Welker, why not Lloyd instead?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Could you imagine what would have happened had they let Welker go this past season? 

No. I have no idea what they would have come up with for $9 million a year or what they would have done with whatever they got for Welker to let him walk.

But I suspect you can get a quite excellent young receiver these days for 9 mil or so.

Sections
Shortcuts