Dobson doubtful for minicamp, foot recovery behind schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Dobson doubtful for minicamp, foot recovery behind schedule

Saw this on profootballtalk.com. Hope the Pats just being overly cautious.

NFL players are so often termed “ahead of schedule” in their recovery from surgery that it sometimes feels like the rehab schedules need to be updated. But there’s at least one NFL player who seems to be behind schedule in his offseason recovery.

Patriots receiver Aaron Dobson had foot surgery on March 10, and at the time, his recovery was expected to take 2-3 months. Now we’re more than three months beyond that surgery, and Dobson isn’t all the way back.

According to Nick Underhill of MassLive.com, Dobson is doubtful for this week’s mandatory minicamp.

That doesn’t mean Patriots fans need to be worried: Dobson is getting better and has been able to shed his walking boot. But it does mean that the 2-3 month timeline for Dobson’s recovery turned out to be overly optimistic.

The Patriots’ second-round draft pick last year, Dobson was a starter for most of last season and showed some potential, but he suffered the foot injury in Week 12, missed three games and was at less than 100 percent when he returned and tried to play through it at the end of the regular season and in the postseason. The Patriots want to make sure he’s healthy for Week One, and so they’ll likely ease him back into things, and let him recover on his own schedule.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Dobson doubtful for minicamp, foot recovery behind schedule

Hopefully he will be ready for Training Camp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

It's too bad this had to happen because he's missing valuable time with Brady and the rest of the offense during these mini camps and OTAs.  If he can get back and ready to roll in time for training camp, that would be great.  But if not, he's gonna take a step back by missing all this time.  Hope he feels better soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'll be concerned if he misses TC.  Until then I'll assume they are just being overly cautious considering the fact that he reaggravated it by coming back too quickly last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

He should have been IR'd last season once he injured the foot. I did post last season that they were going to IR him, but in fact they did not (not sure why not), but they did hold him ouit until the Denver game if memory serves me correctly.

The Denver game was not a set back, but it delayed the surgery. If they had IR'd him and did the procedure in a timely manner, he would be ready now

I had been told he is progressing nicely from the injury, but better to be 100% safe than sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He needs to get better, give him all the time he needs to fully recover. The bad part is he also needs a ton more reps to slow the game down and this certainly isn't helping. But, with our currently WR group not having him 100% by Oct could be big trouble if IR Amendola has his usual injury plagued year.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should have been IR'd last season once he injured the foot. I did post last season that they were going to IR him, but in fact they did not (not sure why not), but they did hold him ouit until the Denver game if memory serves me correctly.

The Denver game was not a set back, but it delayed the surgery. If they had IR'd him and did the procedure in a timely manner, he would be ready now

I had been told he is progressing nicely from the injury, but better to be 100% safe than sorry.

[/QUOTE]

Probably because they weren't confident they had anyone of quality to replace him with. After Gronk got hurt in week 14, this team was really thin in quality guys to throw the ball to. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He needs to get better, give him all the time he needs to fully recover. The bad part is he also needs a ton more reps to slow the game down and this certainly isn't helping. But, with our currently WR group not having him 100% by Oct could be big trouble if IR Amendola has his usual injury plagued year.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

[/QUOTE]

agreed. Health vs needing the reps. I think they are taking the right approach, and he will be healthy enough to get started in the 2-4 weeks...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

With every day that he misses, I think, will affect his chances for the 2nd year jump in performance that would typically be expected of a second year player.

Shoot, if he can ever develop into 3/4 of Moss in his heyday......I'd be ectstatic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great, just what we need another 20 something year old Pu**y on our roster.  This guy needs every minute of field time he can get. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Aaron Dobson injury history

Year Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury
    2013 1 New England Patriots Questionable hamstring
    2013 2 New England Patriots Questionable hamstring
    2013 5 New England Patriots Questionable neck
    2013 6 New England Patriots Probable neck
    2013 13 New England Patriots Out foot
    2013 14 New England Patriots Out foot
    2013 15 New England Patriots Questionable foot
    2013 16 New England Patriots Questionable foot
    2013 17 New England Patriots Questionable foot
    2013 19 New England Patriots Out foot
    2013 20 New England Patriots Questionable foot

LOL  Just sayin

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/27872/nfl/injury_history/aaron-dobson#ixzz34qg4NTUB" rel="nofollow">http://www.kffl.com/player/27872/nfl/injury_history/aaron-dobson#ixzz34qg4NTUB

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Bad feet are a problem...until he's back on the field and doing everything without having to miss games I cannot count him as even worthy of consideration for this season. It's actually easier to fix bad knees than broken feet due to the full body weight the feet have to carry while planting and cutting and there is nothing more important to a deep threat wide receiver than that. When he's back on the field producing on a regular basis I'll feel better about things...until then, as BB says, he doesn't exist. We've been through this far too many times the last few years to act otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I'm all for the Pats being extra cautious with him also. If he comes back too soon and reaggravates it, he may be done for the year.

I think the team really needs his speed and height on the outside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be concerned if he misses TC.  Until then I'll assume they are just being overly cautious considering the fact that he reaggravated it by coming back too quickly last season.

[/QUOTE]

This.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the NFL limits the amount of players you can IR to 20.  We were at the max at the time.  That's a joke, but not far off the mark. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

At least his absence will open the door for more reps for the rest.  Hopefully the remaining cream can rise to the top and we can evaluate who will be our #3,4 & 5 receivers (assuming Julian and Dobson are #1 & 2). 

Amendola, Lafell, Thompkins, Boyce and Gallon should all get a good long look.  

I think Lafell will benefit the most.  I expect him to get lots of WR snaps during the regular season with a few TE snaps as well!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I am convinced that he will not be back before Thanksgiving. It's not a good injury. If he does come back earlier I would bet he is in and out for most of the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Kinchow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At least his absence will open the door for more reps for the rest.  Hopefully the remaining cream can rise to the top and we can evaluate who will be our #3,4 & 5 receivers (assuming Julian and Dobson are #1 & 2). 

Amendola, Lafell, Thompkins, Boyce and Gallon should all get a good long look.  

I think Lafell will benefit the most.  I expect him to get lots of WR snaps during the regular se

ason with a few TE snaps as well!

LaFell hasn't been practicing either.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]