Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

Last week, against the Jets,  we saw Dobson run past the Jets secondary and get behind them consistently even though he wasnt able to capitalize on those opportunities. This week, we saw it again, he beat an experienced secondary, though not a very good one, consistently.

The play that shows Dobson's potential, to me, was the PI deep pass. Dobson beat his man, was wide open for 7, but Brady underthrew it. Had it been a good throw, Dobson walks in for an easy 6.

Anyone else excited for this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

What about Thompkins running to the end zone without anyone near him, and TB eyed down Sudfeld with the pass rush coming?

These guys have been getting seperatio, which is great to see.  Bottom line.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Dobson looks really good.

He'll be in my starting lineup next week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Last week, against the Jets,  we saw Dobson run past the Jets secondary and get behind them consistently even though he wasnt able to capitalize on those opportunities. This week, we saw it again, he beat an experienced secondary, though not a very good one, consistently.

The play that shows Dobson's potential, to me, was the PI deep pass. Dobson beat his man, was wide open for 7, but Brady underthrew it. Had it been a good throw, Dobson walks in for an easy 6.

Anyone else excited for this guy?

totally excited. i really am not a fan of drops. i can understand not knowing the offense yet and what not. but to me drops are unacceptable and for a guy that didnt drop a ball in his senior season. So i expect you to catch the ball but i must say.. i love his size, speed and athleticism once he and TB get on the same page this could get lethal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

What about Thompkins running to the end zone without anyone near him, and TB eyed down Sudfeld with the pass rush coming?

I just watched that replay. No one was open on that play. All receivers were covered.

Brady should have thrown the ball away.

You guys must have this mixed up with another play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Speaking of Dobson.....two plays before that pick, Brady made a bad throw to Dobson in the endzone.

Brady should have lofted the ball over the defender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I just watched that replay. No one was open on that play. All receivers were covered.

Just watched it myself and you are correct.  They have it mixed up with another play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Speaking of Dobson.....two plays before that pick, Brady made a bad throw to Dobson in the endzone.

Brady should have lofted the ball over the defender.

Yes, agreed.  Bad throw by Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I seena lot of receivers not being able to work free quick enough today.  They need to get seperation faster.  I think it will take more time.  Not sure I trust Dobson in the hands department.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I seena lot of receivers not being able to work free quick enough today.  They need to get seperation faster.  

Bear in mind that Tampa has 2 all-pros and a young top 10 pick in the secondary.  Most teams aren't going to have that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Just watched it myself and you are correct.  They have it mixed up with another play.

Honestly, I am confused with what you guys are talking about.  The play I was talking about was Thompkins and I believe Edelman were wide open running down the left side of the field, when Brady threw to Sudfeld down the seam about half way down in double coverage.  Even the announcers watched the replay and made a comment about the miss opporunity.  if it wasn't for the reply the people watching at home actually would not have seen it.. so if you guys are just watching the plays you may have missed it... they showed the miss in between plays....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I seena lot of receivers not being able to work free quick enough today.  They need to get seperation faster.  

Bear in mind that Tampa has 2 all-pros and a young top 10 pick in the secondary.  Most teams aren't going to have that.

Bear in mind they couldn't with the Bills and Jets either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Honestly, I am confused with what you guys are talking about.  The play I was talking about was Thompkins and I believe Edelman were wide open running down the left side of the field, when Brady threw to Sudfeld down the seam about half way down in double coverage.  Even the announcers watched the replay and made a comment about the miss opporunity.  if it wasn't for the replythe people watching at home actually would not have seen it.. so if you guys are just watching the plays you may have missed it... they showed the miss in between plays....

Ok, I know which one you are talking about now.  I thought you were originally talking about the interception.

Yes, the one you are talking about was with Thompkins and Edelman.  Edelman's man tripped as Edelman went by him and Revis was covering Thompkins.  Revis didn't seem too worried about Thompkins being open.  Not sure if Revis thought he could catch him if the ball was put in the air or what but he didn't look to worried about it.  Thompkins wasn't open because his speed or skill got him separation.  Revis let him go on by.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Bear in mind they couldn't with the Bills and Jets either.

Actually they were getting open last week too and since they were running more intermediate routes, they take longer to develope than the quick slants and bubble screens.

I think it is funny everyone who's job it is to analyze the games has been saying the rooks have been getting good separation yet you have a problem with it, saying they aren't getting separation quick enough. Next thing you'll be saying they aren't catching the ball with the proper form and elegance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

They weren't talking about the interception, they were talking about the one where Brady threw the ball over Sudfeld's head when he was doubled near the left sideline. I'm beginning to think Tom has lost the ability to scan the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You'll be hard pressed to find a better secondary than Tampas, I mean really, how many millions do they have invested there?

What's even funnier is how quickly we can go from the "sky is falling" to all of this ^

Talk about reactionary...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

You'll be hard pressed to find a better secondary than Tampas, I mean really, how many millions do they have invested there?

What's even funnier is how quickly we can go from the "sky is falling" to all of this ^

Talk about reactionary...

Now Wozzy, a bunch of us have been singing the praises of the rookies since the season started. But it is rather funny how the doom and gloomers are now talking about style points.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Queenie Handbanger quote:

"Jets will not win more than 2 more games this year"

Yes, "more", meaning 5 wins.  Are you this dumb? LOL!

Not only can you not read, you are bad with math.

Yep, that would be more than two, never said anything other than that.   So, it's a deal?  Right?

Let's recap:

Queenie prediction :"Jets will not win more than 2 more games this year"

Deal proposal to Queenie Handbanger.  Jets win more than 2 more games this year (5 or more games), you leave and never ever return under any name.  Jets win 2 more or less (total of 4 or less) and I do.

Don't bother. I already challenged him to that bet but he will never agree to it because he's chicken$###. He said they would be lucky to win 1 game before their bye week then haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Actually they were getting open last week too and since they were running more intermediate routes, they take longer to develope than the quick slants and bubble screens.

I think it is funny everyone who's job it is to analyze the games has been saying the rooks have been getting good separation yet you have a problem with it, saying they aren't getting separation quick enough. Next thing you'll be saying they aren't catching the ball with the proper form and elegance.

Funny, I have not heard any of that.  I have been hearing the opposite.  I believe I heard several times today the announcers kept saying Brady is having to hold onto the ball way too long because nobody can get open.  Did you not hear that or were you watching with the volume down or a noisy bar?  And since you bring up catching the ball, there have been far too many drops these first two games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Honestly, I am confused with what you guys are talking about.  The play I was talking about was Thompkins and I believe Edelman were wide open running down the left side of the field, when Brady threw to Sudfeld down the seam about half way down in double coverage.  Even the announcers watched the replay and made a comment about the miss opporunity.  if it wasn't for the replythe people watching at home actually would not have seen it.. so if you guys are just watching the plays you may have missed it... they showed the miss in between plays....

Ok, I know which one you are talking about now.  I thought you were originally talking about the interception.

Yes, the one you are talking about was with Thompkins and Edelman.  Edelman's man tripped as Edelman went by him and Revis was covering Thompkins.  Revis didn't seem too worried about Thompkins being open.  Not sure if Revis thought he could catch him if the ball was put in the air or what but he didn't look to worried about it.  Thompkins wasn't open because his speed or skill got him separation.  Revis let him go on by.

Interesting, so it was blown coverage.... Thanks for the info.  You Dvr the game or something? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Funny, I have not heard any of that.  I have been hearing the opposite.  I believe I heard several times today the announcers kept saying Brady is having to hold onto the ball way too long because nobody can get open.  Did you not hear that or were you watching with the volume down or a noisy bar?  And since you bring up catching the ball, there have been far too many drops these first two games.

Then you haven't been listening to the Boston media if you hadn't heard that they were getting open on a regular basis.

I was hearing "Brady is having to hold onto the ball way too long because nobody can get open" coming from an ex TB hero in John Lynch and his brodcast partner.  They also said Dobson wasn't interfered with when he was plainly hit in the facemask just before the ball got to him. They had no clue since, again, intermediate routes were being called and the Oline wasn't holding back the rush. Once they started running the quick slants and screens suddenly everyone was getting open except Sudfeld. Now if Tom could have done a better job of scanning the field  he would have seen lots of open receivers he could have hit down field. But he isn't used to doing that anymore. It will probably take a few games. Just like it did with the rookies.

As far as the drops , there weren't that many this time that weren't mostly or partly Brady's fault. Like everyone said once the rooks get over the jitters they will be good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Interesting, so it was blown coverage.... Thanks for the info.  You Dvr the game or something? 

I dvr all the games.  I have instant access to all the games for the past 3 seasons on my dvr's.  I can get downloads of most Patriots games over the past 20+ years from an online source.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Then you haven't been listening to the Boston media if you hadn't heard that they were getting open on a regular basis.

I was hearing "Brady is having to hold onto the ball way too long because nobody can get open" coming from an ex TB hero in John Lynch and his brodcast partner.  They also said Dobson wasn't interfered with when he was plainly hit in the facemask just before the ball got to him. They had no clue since, again, intermediate routes were being called and the Oline wasn't holding back the rush. Once they started running the quick slants and screens suddenly everyone was getting open except Sudfeld. Now if Tom could have done a better job of scanning the field  he would have seen lots of open receivers he could have hit down field. But he isn't used to doing that anymore. It will probably take a few games. Just like it did with the rookies.

As far as the drops , there weren't that many this time that weren't mostly or partly Brady's fault. Like everyone said once the rooks get over the jitters they will be good.

And now all the excuses come.  Are you serious?  Brady was holding the ball far too long and it was because people were not getting open.  It didn't take announcers to realize this, yet they also seemed to have noticed.  I didn't notice Lynch call a biased game... you did?

Dobson drops a lot of passes already.  Even bobbled the ball on a few of his catches today too.  Should have had a TD catch in today's game, got as hand on it, should have been caught. 

It will take time, these guys are rookies, they might not even get it this year, it might take a couple of years.  Brady isn't getting younger, there is a window here, that is what I am concerned about. 

Sections
Shortcuts