Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Then you haven't been listening to the Boston media if you hadn't heard that they were getting open on a regular basis.

I was hearing "Brady is having to hold onto the ball way too long because nobody can get open" coming from an ex TB hero in John Lynch and his brodcast partner.  They also said Dobson wasn't interfered with when he was plainly hit in the facemask just before the ball got to him. They had no clue since, again, intermediate routes were being called and the Oline wasn't holding back the rush. Once they started running the quick slants and screens suddenly everyone was getting open except Sudfeld. Now if Tom could have done a better job of scanning the field  he would have seen lots of open receivers he could have hit down field. But he isn't used to doing that anymore. It will probably take a few games. Just like it did with the rookies.

As far as the drops , there weren't that many this time that weren't mostly or partly Brady's fault. Like everyone said once the rooks get over the jitters they will be good.

And now all the excuses come.  Are you serious?  Brady was holding the ball far too long and it was because people were not getting open.  It didn't take announcers to realize this, yet they also seemed to have noticed.  I didn't notice Lynch call a biased game... you did?

Dobson drops a lot of passes already.  Even bobbled the ball on a few of his catches today too.  Should have had a TD catch in today's game, got as hand on it, should have been caught. 

It will take time, these guys are rookies, they might not even get it this year, it might take a couple of years.  Brady isn't getting younger, there is a window here, that is what I am concerned about. 

[/QUOTE]

Brady was holding the ball too long because he was running for his life, dipping and dodging the TB defense and not looking for his receivers. And yeah they called a biased game. Did they mention everytime the Pats receivers got open? No, just once. I would call that biased. Look Lynch was cut by BB so I don't blame him for slanting calls against the Pats.

Dobson had a lot of drops last week, just as many as Welker had his first game with the Broncos. This week if Brady had thrown the ball so a six foot 3 or 4 inch receiver could catch it instead of a 5 foot 8 guy, Dobson would have probably caught that ball. On top of that Brady should be good enough by now so his receiver should be able to get BOTH hands on it. There is a reason one hand catches are on the highlites after the games are over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady was holding the ball too long because he was running for his life, dipping and dodging the TB defense and not looking for his receivers. And yeah they called a biased game. Did they mention everytime the Pats receivers got open? No, just once. I would call that biased. Look Lynch was cut by BB so I don't blame him for slanting calls against the Pats.

Dobson had a lot of drops last week, just as many as Welker had his first game with the Broncos. This week if Brady had thrown the ball so a six foot 3 or 4 inch receiver could catch it instead of a 5 foot 8 guy, Dobson would have probably caught that ball. On top of that Brady should be good enough by now so his receiver should be able to get BOTH hands on it. There is a reason one hand catches are on the highlites after the games are over.

Like I said, if you need an announcer to point out that Brady was having to hold the ball too long because his receivers couldn't get open then you were not paying attention.  But the announcers did, and it had nothing to do with Lynch being an ex Buc or because he was cut by BB or anything like that.  

I have seen Dobson make harder 1 handed catches before.  If they are showing highlights of 1 handed catches after the games are over then apparently receivers are making them.  Maybe we need some of those receivers who can make 1 handed catches.  Go back and look at the TD drop, Dobson was just plain awkward, it was weird like he wasn't sure what route he was running.  And did I mention the bobbles on a couple of his catches? Perfect passes and he bobbled a couple of them.  Announcers also noticed it.  But maybe they said it because they were biased. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said, if you need an announcer to point out that Brady was having to hold the ball too long because his receivers couldn't get open then you were not paying attention.  But the announcers did, and it had nothing to do with Lynch being an ex Buc or because he was cut by BB or anything like that.  

I have seen Dobson make harder 1 handed catches before.  If they are showing highlights of 1 handed catches after the games are over then apparently receivers are making them.  Maybe we need some of those receivers who can make 1 handed catches.  Go back and look at the TD drop, Dobson was just plain awkward, it was weird like he wasn't sure what route he was running.  And did I mention the bobbles on a couple of his catches? Perfect passes and he bobbled a couple of them.  Announcers also noticed it.  But maybe they said it because they were biased. 

[/QUOTE]

I just think if you are going to point out the receivers aren't getting open at the beginning of the game you should point out they are from the second quarter on! Otherwise it is biased. In the first intance it is saying the Pats receivers are lousy. In the second instance he would have had to infer the TB secondary was lousy. They did the first, they didn't do the second therefore it was biased.

Stop being obtuse, you know highlites are "special", "RARE" plays that don't normally happen. So now you're looking at style points. We both know what that means.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just think if you are going to point out the receivers aren't getting open at the beginning of the game you should point out they are from the second quarter on! Otherwise it is biased. In the first intance it is saying the Pats receivers are lousy. In the second instance he would have had to infer the TB secondary was lousy. They did the first, they didn't do the second therefore it was biased.

Stop being obtuse, you know highlites are "special", "RARE" plays that don't normally happen. So now you're looking at style points. We both know what that means.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I have not seen them get a lot of separation in the first 3 games.  You said it is being reported all over NE that they are. I said, that's funny I have not heard on any of the NFL shows I watch... NFL GameTime on nfl network, NFL AM on nfl network, inside the nfl on showtime, AFC playbook nfl network, ESPN, various radio shows and even during the game telecasts, patriots post game podcasts, etc..  Call me biased, obtuse or any other name you would like but I don't agree with you and I have stated why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, anyone who didn't see improvement by the rookie receivers in yesterday's game was watching a different game than I was watching (albeit in flippin Applebee's).  I saw improvement in both Dobson and Thompkins.  Yes, Dobson's hands aren't where I'd like them to be but it's only his second game.  Thompkins is improving every week IMO. 

How about we cut them just a skosh of slack; any chance of that??

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

OK, anyone who didn't see improvement by the rookie receivers in yesterday's game was watching a different game than I was watching (albeit in flippin Applebee's).  I saw improvement in both Dobson and Thompkins.  Yes, Dobson's hands aren't where I'd like them to be but it's only his second game.  Thompkins is improving every week IMO. 

Oh there was definitely improvement. I don't think anyone can doubt that, which is a great thing. But there is still a lot to work on. Namely, as TFB pointed out, there were a number of times the rooks had trouble generating separation from the DB's. Now that's going to happen with everywhere WR, esp rooks, but they need to start to develop moves. Brady can't be holding on to the ball that long or he'll get killed against the better D's out there. They still aren't quite on the same page as Brady yet and you can see they haven't completely grasped the playbook but overall they looked much better than last week that's for sure. Dobson's hands are still and issue, double and triple caught a couple of passes, but they were steadier than the week before. All in all much improved from weeks 1 and 2 but there is still a lot of work for the rooks to do. They are moving in a positive direction but you have to admit calling Dobson, Moss is a huge stretch at this point and so is calling this the best receiving core Brady's ever had. Lets just wait and see if the rooks can keep developing. However, I have to say on that TD drive after a couple of good catches it looked like the rooks were starting to develop some confidence. Prior to that series it looked like they were starting to fall apart again. Really that drive started things going and lets hope it carries over into next week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh there was definitely improvement. I don't think anyone can doubt that, which is a great thing. But there is still a lot to work on. Namely, as TFB pointed out, there were a number of times the rooks had trouble generating separation from the DB's. Now that's going to happen with everywhere WR, esp rooks, but they need to start to develop moves. Brady can't be holding on to the ball that long or he'll get killed against the better D's out there. They still aren't quite on the same page as Brady yet and you can see they haven't completely grasped the playbook but overall they looked much better than last week that's for sure. Dobson's hands are still and issue, double and triple caught a couple of passes, but they were steadier than the week before. All in all much improved from weeks 1 and 2 but there is still a lot of work for the rooks to do. They are moving in a positive direction but you have to admit calling Dobson, Moss is a huge stretch at this point and so is calling this the best receiving core Brady's ever had. Lets just wait and see if the rooks can keep developing. However, I have to say on that TD drive after a couple of good catches it looked like the rooks were starting to develop some confidence. Prior to that series it looked like they were starting to fall apart again. Really that drive started things going and lets hope it carries over into next week. 

[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree with any of your points.  It's a time-will-tell situation but I'm encouraged by what I saw yesterday.  And, no, I'm not even close to suggesting Dobson=Moss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Can't disagree with any of your points.  It's a time-will-tell situation but I'm encouraged by what I saw yesterday.  And, no, I'm not even close to suggesting Dobson=Moss.

Not you ATJ, I actually liked your post. More in reference to the title of this thread and another thread

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well its good to see that everyone is now hopeful for the rooks-even Sudfeld was way open once.

TB still hasn[t been sharp in a whole game - but he continues to make clutch plays - like the 4th down. I wonder if there isn't a slight hesitation on his part with these receivers??

kT and dobson both had one drop - but they made big time catches - TB will be better - it does remind me 0f 2006 - but with alot more upside

Was Dobson's one drop the one in the end zone?     I don't alwasys agree if you can touch a pass you should catch it. - not really to me

Bolden will help with the loss of Vereen

Gronk will be huge

A very very interesting season

We still have not seen the best

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE] 

Not you ATJ, I actually liked your post. More in reference to the title of this thread and another thread

[/QUOTE]

10-4.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Well its good to see that everyone is now hopeful for the rooks-even Sudfeld was way open once.

TB still hasn[t been sharp in a whole game - but he continues to make clutch plays - like the 4th down. I wonder if there isn't a slight hesitation on his part with these receivers??

kT and dobson both had one drop - but they made big time catches - TB will be better - it does remind me 0f 2006 - but with alot more upside

Bolden will help with the loss of Vereen

Gronk will be huge

A very very interesting season

We still have not seen the best

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

I think that's the perfect statement right there. I've said all along this reminds me of 06' but the difference was that these WRs are rooks and could develop through the year. How much they develop was the big question mark. But I think you put it perfectly 06' with upside. Now, hopefully the D can keep it going against better O's as we will need a 06' type of D this year to go deep in the playoffs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

What about Thompkins running to the end zone without anyone near him, and TB eyed down Sudfeld with the pass rush coming?

These guys have been getting seperatio, which is great to see.  Bottom line.  

I just watched that replay. No one was open on that play. All receivers were covered.

Brady should have thrown the ball away.

You guys must have this mixed up with another play.

Just watched it myself and you are correct.  They have it mixed up with another play.

Honestly, I am confused with what you guys are talking about.  The play I was talking about was Thompkins and I believe Edelman were wide open running down the left side of the field, when Brady threw to Sudfeld down the seam about half way down in double coverage.  Even the announcers watched the replay and made a comment about the miss opporunity.  if it wasn't for the replythe people watching at home actually would not have seen it.. so if you guys are just watching the plays you may have missed it... they showed the miss in between plays....

i was there and the entire stadium saw Edelman wide open on that play. Brady will be shocked when he sees the film.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

I think it was Thompkins and Dobson who were 15 yards behind the defenders with their arms up in the air calling for the pass when Brady threw a flutter-ball to Sudfeld in coverages.  It may have been Thompkins and Edelman though -- but there were two WIDE open.  The commentator even groaned about it.  No harm done though as Thompkins later caught a TD pass on that drive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Seems a bit premature, but he has been looking good. Hopefully he keeps getting better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, well stated PatsEng.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Dobson still has work to do. He bobbled the ball yesterday, and on another pass that I can remember - he caught the ball against his stomach/chest vs. w/ his hands. Otherwise, he's making progress; which is the important thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A lot of TFB's issues are the rookies.  I doesn't have much confidence in them, they are not on the same page, he is having to hold on to the ball much longer then he has ever had too, rookies not making the proper reads and TFB is having to guess where they will be.  It all takes time.  I think many were expecting them to just take the field and act like vet's, be instant system receivers and expecting TFB to make all the right guesses on where these guys will be.  Yes, a bit better yesterday but still a long way to go before using the phrases we have seen tossed around here like the thread title of this thread and best group of WR's ever, etc.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think these guys are progessing just fine and the biggest thing is our D is playing complimentary and probably feel the need to pick up the slack and they have. Thats Great!

I truly cannot see how any fan is complaining about anything today. We cant be better than 3-0. I dont care what any other team is doing. We will be right there at the end. I cant wait to see what this offense looks like in midseason. We just won a game handidly without 2 of our major weapons we will be using. Wait until KT and Dobson catch defenses sleeping trying to accont for Danny and Gronk. Playaction! Thats when you are gonna see this offense take off and we will complete Voltron and be a Dominant team on both sides.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

A lot of TFB's issues are the rookies.  I doesn't have much confidence in them, they are not on the same page, he is having to hold on to the ball much longer then he has ever had too, rookies not making the proper reads and TFB is having to guess where they will be.  It all takes time.  I think many were expecting them to just take the field and act like vet's, be instant system receivers and expecting TFB to make all the right guesses on where these guys will be.  Yes, a bit better yesterday but still a long way to go before using the phrases we have seen tossed around here like the thread title of this thread and best group of WR's ever, etc.

I agree that some of it is the rookies' inexperience route running, but TB hasn't been exactly on his game either. There are times when he has receivers that are wide open - and his throwing has been off (too low, behind, overthrow, ect...). People may or may not agree - but maybe these are the first signs that he's aging a little.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree that some of it is the rookies' inexperience route running, but TB hasn't been exactly on his game either. There are times when he has receivers that are wide open - and his throwing has been off (too low, behind, overthrow, ect...). People may or may not agree - but maybe these are the first signs that he's aging a little.......

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but the guy hit almost 70% of his passes yesterday, a few drops and a few poor throws aside.  I suspect what we've been seeing is less about age but more about getting on the same page and putting these WRs in position to do things they can given their lack of experience.  There will be ups and downs, and Brady won't always be perfect, but we saw a glimpse of what these guys can do with a little time.     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What about Thompkins running to the end zone without anyone near him, and TB eyed down Sudfeld with the pass rush coming?

These guys have been getting seperatio, which is great to see.  Bottom line.  

I just watched that replay. No one was open on that play. All receivers were covered.

Brady should have thrown the ball away.

Just watched it myself and you are correct.  They have it mixed up with another play.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I am confused with what you guys are talking about.  The play I was talking about was Thompkins and I believe Edelman were wide open running down the left side of the field, when Brady threw to Sudfeld down the seam about half way down in double coverage.  Even the announcers watched the replay and made a comment about the miss opporunity.  if it wasn't for the replythe people watching at home actually would not have seen it.. so if you guys are just watching the plays you may have missed it... they showed the miss in between plays....

[/QUOTE]

And didn't the commentators say they got separation, not because of their skills, but because of Brady's great fake that froze the safetys?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

This offense is not the best offense for any rookie to find himself in, especially a rookie.  I think we're all getting a better glimpse of why Brady hasn't been able to groom a WR during his time here.  Yes the talent level just hasn't been there, but Brady lacks the patience for it as well. 

Also I think it's foolish to even put him in the same sentece as Moss.  However, I do believe he looks very much like what we've been waiting for around these parts.  His biggest issue right now is gaining confidence in himself and keeping that flock of butterflies at bay.  That will come as he develops as better report with Brady and and gains a better understanding of the playbook.  There are going to be more growing pains, but I suspect we may have finally struck gold with this guy.  The signs are certainly there. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As far as the drops , there weren't that many this time that weren't mostly or partly Brady's fault. Like everyone said once the rooks get over the jitters they will be good.

Explain to me how "drops" can be Brady's fault.