Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Dobson is the WR we've all being calling for since Moss left.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

As far as the drops , there weren't that many this time that weren't mostly or partly Brady's fault. Like everyone said once the rooks get over the jitters they will be good.

Explain to me how "drops" can be Brady's fault.

There is a fine line between "drops" and a poorly thrown ball.  If you hit a guy in the hands in stride then that is a drop.  Throwing the ball low or 3 feet ahead of the WR, when he barely gets his fingertips on it, is not a drop.  Tomato to-mahto, that's all I'm saying.   Not saying you are being critical, but that drops can be subjective, a la Wes Welker in the SB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I'm as high on Dobson as the OP but to mention him with Moss is very, very premature.  Unless you are talking about both them playing for the same college, but that is it..  I'm wonderring about his hands.  I can't believe he never dropped one pass last season but he is double and triple catching them now.  He has some work to do and hopefully he will be the type of receiver who can break loose and be able to go up and get the ball.  I tell ya, that is what I liked about Sims, he would go up and get the ball. 

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

As far as the drops , there weren't that many this time that weren't mostly or partly Brady's fault. Like everyone said once the rooks get over the jitters they will be good.

Explain to me how "drops" can be Brady's fault.

There is a fine line between "drops" and a poorly thrown ball.  If you hit a guy in the hands in stride then that is a drop.  Throwing the ball low or 3 feet ahead of the WR, when he barely gets his fingertips on it, is not a drop.  Tomato to-mahto, that's all I'm saying.   Not saying you are being critical, but that drops can be subjective, a la Wes Welker in the SB. 

There is nothing subjective about the Welker drop in the SB. The ball hits you square in both hands; you catch it; or you drop it. It's been that way since they invented the forward pass. (If you have to lay out for it, then it's not on you.)

I don't see anybody calling a ball that a receiver barely gets his fingertips on, a drop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

A lot of TFB's issues are the rookies.  I doesn't have much confidence in them, they are not on the same page, he is having to hold on to the ball much longer then he has ever had too, rookies not making the proper reads and TFB is having to guess where they will be.  It all takes time.  I think many were expecting them to just take the field and act like vet's, be instant system receivers and expecting TFB to make all the right guesses on where these guys will be.  Yes, a bit better yesterday but still a long way to go before using the phrases we have seen tossed around here like the thread title of this thread and best group of WR's ever, etc.

I agree that some of it is the rookies' inexperience route running, but TB hasn't been exactly on his game either. There are times when he has receivers that are wide open - and his throwing has been off (too low, behind, overthrow, ect...). People may or may not agree - but maybe these are the first signs that he's aging a little.......

[/QUOTE]

Perrilo and Hart were "half joking" last week, that the receivers were getting open BECAUSE they are running bad routes.

Unfortunately, Tom can't predict where they will be, either.