Dobson just s u cks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Dobson just s u cks

I can't believe we're wasting Brady's last years with this piece of crap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Dobson just s u cks

FOOLISH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Don't pay attention to the whiners, trolls, handwringers and know-nothings. This is a good football team, better suited to advance in the playoffs than the last few years. Receivers are fine and getting finer by the week. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Worst WR corp in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

yeah...   Its all about the receivers...  dimwit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah...   Its all about the receivers...  dimwit

[/QUOTE]

Eat it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe we're wasting Brady's last years with this piece of crap.

[/QUOTE]

Ouch to some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Get over yourself. We just played one of the worst teams in the league.

Too many of you are quick squirters. Any sign of something good, and you blow your wad. Learn the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too many of you are quick squirters. Any sign of something good, and you blow your wad. Learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

ummmm no.. he's been getting better week after week, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

and the defence has been getting worse week after week.  again.  BALANCE.  offence good Defence bad.  Defence good offence bad. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Overall, he has gotten better. But he still is inconsistent from quarter to quarter.

Gronk being back makes everybody else look better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and the defence has been getting worse week after week.  again.  BALANCE.  offence good Defence bad.  Defence good offence bad. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm known as a big D basher (with due cause I must say), but they are really devastated by injuries. They actually have a legit excuse to suck this time around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Um, Pitt ranked 3 in total D and second in pass D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

My 7,000 post was used to school Old Man Babe. =S

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The defense will be fine when Talib gets back. He makes a huge difference because the other CBs can go back to the roles they were in before. The line is holding up fine, and Fletcher is reasonably solid filling in for Mayo.  

Compare the wide receivers to last year and I don't think it's even close. This year's group is far more athletic, bigger, faster, more diverse. It was basically Lloyd and Welker and that's it. That sucks compared to what they have now. The only thing they're lacking vs. last year is experience and they're getting that. 

I'd like to see anybody make an argument that last year's group of WRs was better than what they have now. I don't see how you can.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Overall, he has gotten better. But he still is inconsistent from quarter to quarter.

[/QUOTE]

That's a kind of negative position, but there is a kernel of truth. 

The major factor for the offense working here is that the yougnones (Dobson) can get the ball in spots.

It isn't Tom tyging to jam the ball into hoels against rookies that don't know where to be yet. 

Dobson is making strides.

The biggest stride is having Gronk and Amendola back in good form to practice together

Two more weeks, then Vereen gets back and NE has a REAL recieving back for 3rd downs and more.

This offense hasn't even begun to peak. 

Just wait until Dobson has a whole season of XPand NE is in the playoffs. 

This is going to be BETTER than any offense they've brought to the postseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The defense will be fine when Talib gets back. He makes a huge difference because the other CBs can go back to the roles they were in before. The line is holding up fine, and Fletcher is reasonably solid filling in for Mayo.  

Compare the wide receivers to last year and I don't think it's even close. This year's group is far more athletic, bigger, faster, more diverse. It was basically Lloyd and Welker and that's it. That sucks compared to what they have now. The only thing they're lacking vs. last year is experience and they're getting that. 

I'd like to see anybody make an argument that last year's group of WRs was better than what they have now. I don't see how you can.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Welker, Gronk, AH and Lloyd can't compare to Dobson, Amendola, Tompkins and Edelman. LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you cant make a case.  The young receivers just need time.  Agreed about Talib as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The WRs last year were more reliable but much less talented. There is a difference. 

Reliability can be taught .. it's part of getting experience in the NFL. 

Talent ... what Dobson did ... just blowing past defenders? To be clear ... Brandon Lloyd has never been able to do that ... much less in the twilight NE had him for. 

Also, you are 100% correct. Talib will be huge. It hurts not having him against teams like Pitt who have a complete complement of WRs. It shows. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The major factor for the offense working here is that the yougnones (Dobson) can get the ball in spots.

It isn't Tom tyging to jam the ball into hoels against rookies that don't know where to be yet. 

The biggest stride is having Gronk and Amendola back in good form to practice together

Two more weeks, then Vereen gets back and NE has a REAL recieving back for 3rd downs and more.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he hasn't showed improvement. And I'm not saying he can't be good, because he shows flashes of that. But listening to homer knuckleheads chirping how they were right about him all along at this point is still nauseating and needs to be derided. The whole receiver corps is uplifted with Gronk back. Left to their own devices, they were pretty lame.

I just rankle at this constant overrating that the homers do. When somebody gets good, I call them good. Not until.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, Welker, Gronk, AH and Lloyd can't compare to Dobson, Amendola, Tompkins and Edelman. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Why did you leave Gronk out of ths year's group?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is referencing TEs.

Just Dobson/Amendola vs Lloyd/Welker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he hasn't showed improvement. And I'm not saying he can't be good, because he shows flashes of that. But listening to homer knuckleheads chirping how they were right about him all along at this point is still nauseating and needs to be derided. The whole receiver corps is uplifted with Gronk back. Left to their own devices, they were pretty lame.

I just rankle at this constant overrating that the homers do. When somebody gets good, I call them good. Not until.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. 

I'm sure I can name a couple posters here that will pull a "revisionist history" on this and pretend that Dobson was as good as he will be in week 17 starting in game one. 

He wasn't. He was a hot mess for a number of weeks. 

He is making strides. 

This offense will start to get in synch slowly as they all get together, and it isn't Brady and a bunch of rookies. 

To even compare what NE ahd from game 1-6 to now is ludicrous. 

The major galirn point .. they aren't RELYING on Dobson to make all the plays. He is beside Gronk and Amendola, who also had tremendous games (actually better, Dobson blew one route and dropped a pass).

But you have to be positive about Dobson's improvement. At one point he was just speed and nothing else. Now he is starting to get it. 

All told ... wasn't it great to see a true WR get open deep AND get under the ball for once? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is referencing TEs.

Just Dobson/Amendola vs Lloyd/Welker.

[/QUOTE]

I was just comparing the overall of the two years.

Losing Welker and AH was a devastating blow to the receiver corps, and a couple of rookies and a china doll are not a verifiable improvement at this juncture by any means.

And you're right; I didn't address his specific claim. So, as far as WRs specifically, saying all they lack is experience is quite presumptuous.

Sections
Shortcuts