DOC: GRONK would be fine if he were wearing a BRACE.. y not?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

DOC: GRONK would be fine if he were wearing a BRACE.. y not?

not to b a monday morning qb.. but all the OL guys wear them by mandate... all players should b protected like the qbs.. this will b another change.. all receivers and RBs should have preventative braces.. if i owned a ream, heck yes.. the ACLs like wilfork's will happen.. noncontact.. but most of the contact ones can b prevented. the doc was on d and c show this morning!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: DOC: GRONK would be fine if he were wearing a BRACE.. y not?

Thanks for this uplifting second guessing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Usually players dont wear braces until after they injure themselves.

Ive only noticed most "college" lineman wear them, but not in the NFL

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

As a tight end, Gronk wants his agility and speed to max out. ALL skilled position types do and need that. Knee braces, though better than they use to be, are still clunky and cumbersome for players who run routes and capitalize on speed. I've never heard of or seen any "skilled position" player wear one who didnt need one to protect for a previous injury. Thats just the way it is. The question is whether or not the NFL SHOULD REQUIRE KNEE BRACES FOR EVERY PLAYER, just like helmets, etc. One day, expect that the game will employ uniforms that are more of a real light weight body suit that protects the player in ways that todays equipment not only doesnt protect but many times contributes to catastrophic injuries. Only a matter of time before NIKE, et al come up with something. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

As a tight end, Gronk wants his agility and speed to max out. ALL skilled position types do and need that. Knee braces, though better than they use to be, are still clunky and cumbersome for players who run routes and capitalize on speed. I've never heard of or seen any "skilled position" player wear one who didnt need one to protect for a previous injury. Thats just the way it is. The question is whether or not the NFL SHOULD REQUIRE KNEE BRACES FOR EVERY PLAYER Just like helmets, etc. 

Agreed...and the type of knee braces worn by most college linemen would not have prevented the type of injury Gronk has...in fact, the rigidity of the brace due to the metal on the sides might have also resulted in a broken leg because the bone can give a bit before the actually break if not encased in metal, which is what the brace largely does...

Excellent point MEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

As a tight end, Gronk wants his agility and speed to max out. ALL skilled position types do and need that. Knee braces, though better than they use to be, are still clunky and cumbersome for players who run routes and capitalize on speed. I've never heard of or seen any "skilled position" player wear one who didnt need one to protect for a previous injury. Thats just the way it is. The question is whether or not the NFL SHOULD REQUIRE KNEE BRACES FOR EVERY PLAYER, just like helmets, etc. One day, expect that the game will employ uniforms that are more of a real light weight body suit that protects the player in ways that todays equipment not only dont protect but is a huge contributor to catastrophic injuries. Only a matter of time before NIKE, et al come up with something. 

This is a grizzley bear suit...Troy hurtubise.

or is it an nfl uniform in 2020?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

As a tight end, Gronk wants his agility and speed to max out. ALL skilled position types do and need that. Knee braces, though better than they use to be, are still clunky and cumbersome for players who run routes and capitalize on speed. I've never heard of or seen any "skilled position" player wear one who didnt need one to protect for a previous injury. Thats just the way it is. The question is whether or not the NFL SHOULD REQUIRE KNEE BRACES FOR EVERY PLAYER, just like helmets, etc. One day, expect that the game will employ uniforms that are more of a real light weight body suit that protects the player in ways that todays equipment not only dont protect but is a huge contributor to catastrophic injuries. Only a matter of time before NIKE, et al come up with something. 

This is a grizzley bear suit...Troy hurtubise.

or is it an nfl uniform in 2020?

I heard had Gronk worn this, he'd be playing next week. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetson13. Show jetson13's posts

Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork are all finished.  And so are the patriots season.  They may get to the playoffs but they wont last.

Go Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to jetson13's comment:

Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork are all finished.  And so are the patriots season.  They may get to the playoffs but they wont last.

Go Jets.

What is the purpose of this mindless post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Go Jets.

Where?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Go Jets.

Where?

Anywhere but New Jersey

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

Proud of my Jets this year. Everybody expected them to go 0-16. Rex will get the Coach of the year for his efforts.

Don't forget gang the Jets beat you guys once this year and gave you the second game. You didn't win that game ...it was gift.

You also won against Cleveland -you were supposed to win -you were 12 point favorites-on a horrible call. Your QB is throwing INT's in the endzone to end games and like the rest of the NFL you guys have key injuries in key positions.

pats one and done again in the playoffs.Jets-Wow what a year with all the ups and downs-can't wait to see where they end up.

But if they end up nowhere ...oh well I won't lose any sleep over it. My life doesn't revolve around a sports team like so many of your lives do.

So gang on that note. You all know Leon...Busy busy busy

You are an idiot by definition!!!!  Why would any including your mother care what you think?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Good morning TSW-Hey if you don't like what Leon is pontificating about then put me on Ignore.

Just because your life revolves around a sports team doesn't mean everybody elses lives also revolve around a sports team.

Or was it the "one and done" comment that got you twisted?I just call them like I see them.

What I'm seeing up in NE doesn't impress anybody...and you know it

YOU have a life. HA, Just like you have a brain and Obama tells the true. Not possible!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Slow down there TSW- Slow down... deep breaths ... now get your thoughts together and give it another shot...I'll wait...LOL

Leon.... you should stick to one name, but you can't because everyone knows how obtuse/inane you are. I shall put you on ignore. In the future post under ONE NAME and our paths will never cross. Dimwit!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

O-line and QBs can have an attachment on their wheels. Receivers, Rbs and defenders can't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

not to b a monday morning qb.. but all the OL guys wear them by mandate... all players should b protected like the qbs.. this will b another change.. all receivers and RBs should have preventative braces.. if i owned a ream, heck yes.. the ACLs like wilfork's will happen.. noncontact.. but most of the contact ones can b prevented. the doc was on d and c show this morning!

OLs don't have to run 30 yards at full tilt or cut.

Wilfork ripped his achillies tendon genius. What does that have to do with a knee brace?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Go Jets.

Poor little bugboy Leon. Your team is having good year aren't they? No butt fumbles this season. That's the kind of improvement Jets fans can expect. As for improving enough to lift yourselves out of the laughingstock category? Nope

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts