Does 7 straight Colts losses eliminate them from the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Does 7 straight Colts losses eliminate them from the playoffs?

Apparently soCool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6?

R.I.P  UD6.. Alas you won't be missed. Stanby for him to start squaking about how Adrew Luck is going to tear up the Pats.. ROTFLMAO !!! it's old but it fits

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Actually he posted a couple of times during the Pats/Jets game thread. He said he was bored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Colts have lost the last two games, not because of poor QBing. The Colts failed because of terrible defensive plays. 

Curtis Painter, like I said, just needed time to gel. 33-68 49% completion 618 yards 4-0 TDs-INTs. Regardless or not if the Colts had Manning, they'd still be around 3-2 this season. That defense is too bad to be taken seriously. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6?:
    [QUOTE]Apparently so
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just let sleeping Dog(gggg)s lie...LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

If the Jets Go 6-10 this year this place may be real quiet for a while. Either that or some Green Bay fans may pop out of the wood work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

And to think, when Brady got hurt and was out for the season, the Pats went a respectable 11-5 and missed the playoffs by a hair.  I'm not  a huge fan of BB but that sure says a lot about the team he assembles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Of course UD (were he here) would say that last proves Manning is the better QB...his team's utter FAILURE when he's not there. And paint Tom Brady as a "system" QB! Though, that being said, he'd conveniently forget the fact that Brady was voted #1 by the rest of the players. Or that he had three rings to Manning's one. Or that he broke Manning's TD record! No, these "rumors" would be disallowed! I agree about Painter, though. He's a lot better than all the "talk" seems to suggest. I wonder how much of that last fat contract is guaranteed for Peyton. He could walk away and still remain a media darling. As for the Colts, they need not worry. They are guaranteed to make it to the Super Bowl in February. Irsay has reserved seats for all the players and their families in the stands!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

UD6 had a psychotic break and was seen trying to put a Colt helmet on a chicken  running through downtown Indy...and trying to place a "Manning 18" Colt jersey around it's wings....the chicken was reported to have a broken beak an a knee brace on one leg.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Just not sure what to say. 

I am glad Painter got his shot and then the D let him down.  The colts have been close in 4 of 5 games but have nothing to show for it.  I am around.  I've made a few comments but more or less for those of you piling on (its not everyone), I am simply letting you have your "day in the sun".  You know who you are. 

It won't always be like this, but it may be this entire season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Oh - and Jacob Lacey is awful. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Oh  - and Bub - much of what you said is correct - this does prove Manning's greatness.  Brady was a system QB when he won his SB's.  With the offensive reigns recently, he's put up big numbers and no championships.  In fact, he's lost his last 3 playoff games - and that goes back to 07 when he had his legendary defense. 

Thanks for perking me up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6?:
    [QUOTE]Oh  - and Bub - much of what you said is correct - this does prove Manning's greatness.  Brady was a system QB when he won his SB's.  With the offensive reigns recently, he's put up big numbers and no championships.  In fact, he's lost his last 3 playoff games - and that goes back to 07 when he had his legendary defense.  Thanks for perking me up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I am sure he is glad to bring some happiness to a Colt fan!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6?:
    [QUOTE]If the Jets Go 6-10 this year this place may be real quiet for a while. Either that or some Green Bay fans may pop out of the wood work.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Come on, you think another losing season would stop the Jets fans?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]Oh  - and Bub - much of what you said is correct - this does prove Manning's greatness.  Brady was a system QB when he won his SB's.  With the offensive reigns recently, he's put up big numbers and no championships.  In fact, he's lost his last 3 playoff games - and that goes back to 07 when he had his legendary defense.  Thanks for perking me up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you are going back to the "system QB" again?  Lets see, Brady had Weiss, McDaniels, and O'Brien 3 different OC with 3 different systems in 11 years.
    Manning has had 1 OC in 13 years.  This is the same OC that made Scott Mitchell a very wealthy man!  Scott Mitchell's 1 season in "his system" actually had better numbers than Mannings average stats for his career.  Hmmmmm, who is the "system QB?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

already knew the colts fan would bring up the manning vs brady comparison...what a joke, the reason the colts are 0-5 is because THEIR TEAM IS HORRIBLE, they would be lucky to be 9-7/10-6 with peyton....and the pats were 11-5 the year cassel played because they were A GOOD TEAM, the same team basically that brady set records with and went 16-0 with, so saying that manning is better then brady because the colts are horrible without him is absolutely rediculous...but i guess its the only thing left to dry the tears off the sad colts fans faces

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Don't kick the man while he's down! Besides, I've seen him posting every day or two

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

UD, do the right thing.  Take this opportunity to never come back here.  It's better for all of us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You are aware the Painter only has to win 5 games to make this statement false, right? Matt Cassell took a 16-0 team and went 11-5, all Painter has to do is take a 10-6 team and go 5-11...

Mind you, you wouldn't be in this situation had you gone with Painter to start the season, but you went after washed up Collins. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Actually he posted a couple of times during the Pats/Jets game thread. He said he was bored.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

I suppose that spending night after night in his Mom's basement playing the solitaire version of strat-o-matic football would tend to get boring...LOL!!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6? :  I am sure he is glad to bring some happiness to a Colt fan!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

It is truly needed and appreciated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6? : Seriously, you are going back to the "system QB" again?  Lets see, Brady had Weiss, McDaniels, and O'Brien 3 different OC with 3 different systems in 11 years. Manning has had 1 OC in 13 years.  This is the same OC that made Scott Mitchell a very wealthy man!  Scott Mitchell's 1 season in "his system" actually had better numbers than Mannings average stats for his career.  Hmmmmm, who is the "system QB?"
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]
    gln - I have been over this in the past.  The offensive system in NE has not changed.  McDaniels was raised in Weis' system, and O'brien took over the same program.  System changes involve changes to nomenclature and scheme.  that hasn't changed in NE.  What has changed is personnel.  Now the Pats are taking advantage TE opportunities in their system.  And do you know who had say over that?  The one head coach that Brady has had. 

During the Pats SB years, the offense played not to lose because the defense was so good.  Brady did a great job managing.  Today, Brady must win games for the pats, a different perspective, and he has won a lot of games, just not the ones in the post season.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Don't kick the man while he's down! Besides, I've seen him posting every day or two
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Exactly - its not like I am not here.  The truth is I generally post on Colts threads which are frequent.  I haven't been posting on the ones available, because, as I said, I am letting those who are getting their jollies have their day in the sun. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6? : You are aware the Painter only has to win 5 games to make this statement false, right? Matt Cassell took a 16-0 team and went 11-5, all Painter has to do is take a 10-6 team and go 5-11... Mind you, you wouldn't be in this situation had you gone with Painter to start the season, but you went after washed up Collins. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Well now there's a slippery slope.  The fortunate thing for Painter is that he's got a healthy receiving and running corps (except now for addai) which Manning did not have. 

I definitely wanted the colts to give Painter the shot and wish they had, but I understand the reasoning behind bringing in Collins.  Painter didn't do anything in the preseason with vanilla play to suggest he could handle the reg season.  Further, if the colts were going to bring anyone in, it made sense to do it once they knew Manning wouldn't be back in order to get that player up to speed with the offense. 

In hindsight, it wasn't a good idea.  In hindsight, Belichick should have punted on 4th and 2. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is 5 straight Colts losses all it takes to hear crickets from UD6? : Well now there's a slippery slope.  The fortunate thing for Painter is that he's got a healthy receiving and running corps (except now for addai) which Manning did not have.  I definitely wanted the colts to give Painter the shot and wish they had, but I understand the reasoning behind bringing in Collins.  Painter didn't do anything in the preseason with vanilla play to suggest he could handle the reg season.  Further, if the colts were going to bring anyone in, it made sense to do it once they knew Manning wouldn't be back in order to get that player up to speed with the offense.  In hindsight, it wasn't a good idea.  In hindsight, Belichick should have punted on 4th and 2. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    I disagree on Painter ''didn't do anything in the preseason with vanilla play to suggest he could handle the reg season''. If it was all vanilla play then Painter looking bad was all on the play calling and Caldwell should of recognized that Painter had enough skill to get it done. The year Brady went down, Cassel looked AWFUL in preseason yet BB went with him because he saw the talent everyday in practice, he was in the system for years, he knew all the plays and it was the logical choice to do so. I assume Caldwell does not possess that same kind of logic or maybe he is just a puppet that gets his strings pulled by Napolian.

And on the 4th and 2, i agree with trying to get 2 yards, if we punted like everyone says we should of, i am pretty sure the Colts march down the field for 7 anyway. Our best chance to win was getting 2 yards. BB can be called a lot of names but no one can say he has '' no balls ''. (i.e. like they say about Caldwell when he rested his starters rather than go for perfection).