Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

Holy sh----------t this entire thread is rooted in insanity.

Why did I read it?   :)

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

i dont get the point of this...you have over 4,000 posts on here so obviously it has a purpose in your life

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : No, I'm concerned with talking about things that actually affect REAL people's lives. The Pats have NO affect on any of our lives.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

There's that circular logic making another lap.  So then why have you wasted your time being a fan of something for 46 years that has no effect on your life?

More importantly, why are you on a forum set up to discuss that interest if you're admitting in the same post that 1) the Pats have no effect on your life and 2) you're only concerned with talking about things that effect real people's lives?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : That is generally what a bully would say or do: toss out any counter by the opponent as "invalid". I can think up plenty of response to you, beleive me.

Wait so you call my statement "invalid" by saying I'm a liar then you say that's what bullies would say or do? Does that make you a bully or does calling my statement invalid mean something completely different then your above statement?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

no, of course it doesnt...i dont think anyone here believes it does either...its just football talk and this is a good place to express opinions. im sure you would enjoy it more if you werent so snide and sarcastic all the time...i dont see a point of posting here unless you are here to enjoy talking about football and other sports

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Let me ask you this: what do people do when they argue?  Do they accept what the other says as "valid" or do they try to use some bogus reason to cast it aside?  For example, many times when people have an argument, one of them will resort to insulting the other in an attempt to disregard the counterpoint.

Yes this is a tactic you generally use such as calling me a liar is a form of insult.

Since I have not tossed any insults your way I would say for the most part we've been arguing our own sides. That's called a debate. Not all debates end in agreement and no they don't always lead to insults either. Arguments can actually end in different forms then what you expressed above. Arguments can actually end with nether side seeing the other as "valid" or without resorting to insults.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Let me ask you this: what do people do when they argue?  Do they accept what the other says as "valid" or do they try to use some bogus reason to cast it aside?  For example, many times when people have an argument, one of them will resort to insulting the other in an attempt to disregard the counterpoint.

I await your reply to my previous post.  I'll throw my $0.02 here on this point though.  You use the term argue but I prefer the term debate.  I don't argue.  When you debate, it's not about discrediting the other person.  At least it's not supposed to be.  It's about providing a counterpoint that is hopefully more persuasive than the other person's.   Insulting someone in and of itself is not a tool in a debate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Again, what is the POINT of "talking about football and other sports" if your talk is just that?

its something to do, well if it means nothing than just answer this question for me...why do you have an account on here and post as much as anyone if it means nothing?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : I await your reply to my previous post.  I'll throw my $0.02 here on this point though.  You use the term argue but I prefer the term debate.  I don't argue.  When you debate, it's not about discrediting the other person.  At least it's not supposed to be.  It's about providing a counterpoint that is hopefully more persuasive than the other person's.   Insulting someone in and of itself is not a tool in a debate.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't say that Mike. Insulting the other person during a debate can be used as a sign that the person who resorted to using the tool of insults has infact lost the debate since they can't win the debate with their own merits so they resort to discrediting their opponent

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : I challenge you, then, to put out an argument on this forum where one person wasn't insulted by anyone else.

Look at the draft forums there are plenty to choose from

Z and I have had plenty of debates to involving the running game and the effect of a balance attack and yet I don't remember either of us insulting each other either

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Well I wouldn't say that Mike. Insulting the other person during a debate can be used as a sign that the person who resorted to using the tool of insults has infact lost the debate since they can't win the debate with their own merits so they resort to discrediting their opponent
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Haha, that is true.  Most of the time, when someone resorts to insults, that's when you know it's game over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Because I don't argue about football like I think I'm an expert?

that didnt answer the question, but anyways...everyone thinks they are an expert and thats what makes the arguments funny and good to see in my opinion...but if you brought this up to any site about their forums, they would laugh at you