Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Go look at the "blue jersey" thread.  I mean, that's example #1 why he should be banned. He makes a comment, is caught lying or trying to sound smart and then lashes out when simply asked to provide sourcing on his comment.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

That thread was hilarious!

How many times can one person be wrong? Look at that thread and you get a good guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : You're the one that wants the source, YOU go find it. I never lied. I said the rule used to be that the home team in the SB wore dark jersies.  The key words are "used to".  Only a fool would call that a lie.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

That was a correction. You initally stated the home team ALWAYS wore the dark jersey.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : But what societal function is it fulfilling?  You do realize that venting changes NOTHING, I hope.

It's called an exchange of ideas. Sometimes what one person points out might be something the next person didn't notice.

And don't sell short the influence fans do have on the team. Many the player and coach have been sent packing because of fan discontent. And by the same token many have stayed because they were a fan favorite when they weren't actually that good.

In the end the fans pay the freight and too much doscontent among them is bad for business.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Oh man, I go have lunch for an hour and this thing loses all direction.  I'd like to get the OP's response to my post on page 3.  it's one of the few posts that he's conveniently ignored.  I have to say you've been awfully contradictory in your posts on this topic. Here it is again:

n Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : No, I'm concerned with talking about things that actually affect REAL people's lives. The Pats have NO affect on any of our lives.

There's that circular logic making another lap.  So then why have you wasted your time being a fan of something for 46 years that has no effect on your life?

More importantly, why are you on a forum set up to discuss that interest if you're admitting in the same post that 1) the Pats have no effect on your life and 2) you're only concerned with talking about things that effect real people's lives?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : As is reading opinions about Brady throwing a pick in the end zone and about how it was a bad call.

Based on what I've read, it is my opinion (which doesn't matter) that you thouroughly enjoy ticking people off.  If that's the case, so be it.  

If this is not the case, then might I suggest:

How to Win Friends and Influence People

And if your comminication problems continue after reading the above then I suggest seeking some help with someone who might provide you with some relief.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This thread is simple.  Football is a hobbie, entertainment to us all who do not profit in any way from the sport.  We happen to be fans of the patriots in this hobby of ours.  Hobbies are a part of peoples life.  If you have a hobby then you pay attention to your hobby, you get involved.  Thats what we are all doing, well most of us anyways, we are involved in this football hobbie.  Most of us will discuss it and entertain ourselves by it.  "Critiquing" our favorite team is all part of  participating in our hobby or any hobby.

You seem to take it like people are personnally attacking you and your universe,  something is wong with that! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : You do it so it's fun and it's fun so you do it? Isn't that circular?

Actually we do it because to us it is fun. It's not necessarily fun because we do it, not circular at all actually. Such as you don't think it's fun even though we do it so your first statement obviously isn't true in the sense since it's done it must be fun but to us it is fun to do it so that second statement is in fact  true to the people who do it.

But that was a nice attempt at trying to create an infinite paradox from the statement. You were pretty close

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

In Response to Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    If you say it does, I'd like to know what that purpose is.

You know, the part I like is more about building community - having people who watch the game and enojy the Pats coming together to revel in the wins. 

One thing that I like about you 1966 is that you do remind people (maybe not in a very gentle way!) that recommendations about personnel and play calling is irrelevant, since no one contributing to ths board is privy to what the coaching staff and personnel people are trying to achieve for the team (other than win). So I don't really get into all that stuff. 

Personally, I like the threads where people talk about the great plays, players, or moments in the game, or the humorous threads. Its nice to connect with others in that way for me.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Some think dropping their pants in public is fun, too.

Yes but one is illegal and one isn't. Therefore the one that isn't is socially acceptable

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BTW there are whole reality tv shows built around pranks of people dropping pants in public (non-nude not breaking law) that many people get comedy out of and provides income for those who produce it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : I find smoking cannabis socially acceptable, yet it's not.

Because a society isn't made of a single person is made of a group of people. If you get enough people to think like you about smoking it then it becomes socially acceptabe

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : If you find this fun, then you have a sad life. I'm not talking about what I say impacting anyone, though, so you lose.  I'm talking about people posting their opinions about the Patriots and thinking that it matters to anyone other than self.

Soooo why are you on here? I think what's sad is that you spend all day/night here bashing people and complaining that they shouldn't be talking football on a New England Patriots football forum. I think you are the one with the sad life, Mr. PhD. I honestly feel bad for you.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Are you serious?  Sports forums are all part of the NFL entertainment machine.  It's entertainment.  Ditto for just about every other type of non-informative forum on the Internet.  We participate to entertain ourselves.  YOU participate to entertain yourself.  Entertainment does not need to serve any greater purpose in society.  It's is nothing more than entertainment.  Playing cards with your friends could be deemed equally useless and pointless.  Playing Angry Birds on your phone is pointless, useless, accomplishes nothing, changes nothing, but it is entertainment nonetheless.  The same thing can be said for most every form of entertainment out there.

In real life, you must be a complete bore; the person who can suck the life out of a party.  When you and your friends are watching a game you sit there quietly.  While they moan and groan over play calling, a bad play, etc., you just sit there with a blank stare on your face.  When people are discussing politics at the office you just sit there quietly.  You know that nothing you say will effect anything, so you just sit there.  You know nothing of this thing called entertainment.  You are oblivious to the fact that most humans engage in all kinds of pointless activities just to entertain themselves.  Or....perhaps you do argue politics at the office, moan and groan about the play calling during a game, and participate in all of the pointless things we call entertainment.  Perhaps your entertainment is just being an instigator on this forum.  Getting people riled up is your idea of fun.

But really, for someone with so many posts, this is a wacky thread.

Sections
Shortcuts