Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : I call what you're doing "grasping at straws".
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

How is that grasping at straws? Societal rules and laws have always been ruled by the majority. Even in a monarchy each town comprised it's own smaller society and governing rules within that smaller society in addition to the larger governing rules.

If you want pot to be legal all you have to do is change social thought on smoking pot enough to the pot where it becomes socially acceptable then as a majority forms it will become legal. That's how almost all societies work.

Heck a great example is nude public beaches. Why does it exist in Europe but not America? Because it's not socially accepted here but it is there.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives?:
    In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : You all are looking for some justification for acting like a wanna be football coach in public.  I call that grasping at straws.

A wanna be entitles actually "wanting" to be. I'm perfectly happy being a materials engineer/scientist that is in high demand and gets request by companies to interview from out of the blue. That's my choosen vocation in life and I'm perfectly happy doing it.

I have no desire to be a coach. Football and the draft are just hobbies I happen to enjoy much like collecting coins or post cards from places they have been for others. Nothing more nothing less. To me that's enjoyable so I have no need to justify my hobby since it is social acceptable

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Based on what I've read, it is my opinion (which doesn't matter) that you thouroughly enjoy ticking people off.  If that's the case, so be it.   If this is not the case, then might I suggest:   And if your comminication problems continue after reading the above then I suggest seeking some help with someone who might provide you with some relief.
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : You are a piece of work. You complain about people insulting you and yet you do just that to others at every opportunity. You are a cantankerous, miserable, obstinate, obnoxious hypocrite.
    Posted by jri37

Come now, jri37. Tell us how you really feel about PatsFanSince"66.

LOL!!!!!  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Then why is your thong in a bunch?

Since I have thrown no insults nor have made any statements that would suggest anger I don't see how this statement is true.

You on the other hand seem very defensive making illogical jumps and conclusions to a hearty debate in which one party has used insults and the other has not.

So, I'm not annoyed or angry by any of your statements and am thoroughly enjoying this conversation though so shall we continue, please? A one sentence response like that does not invoke conversation to what we were previously talking about

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Well Patsfan, I come here to see what my Patriot brothers and sisters think, since the coaches and players will not talk to me, not to mention that the PATS don't talk to the Boston press either but I understand why that is. 

We're fans, you know, folks who love the game and our team. Why can't we come here say what we have to say and not be questioned about the validity of doing what we like?  Now some, like you, say that its all ephemera and others say that some posters are morons fopr their opinions or simply for posting what others don't like or agree with.  Frankly the negativity is a P.I.T.A., so why contribute to it or in your case drive it forward?  I think you get a kick out of riling people up to no purpose.   Can't they just have their fun?  I also do not remember this from you last year but I could be wrong, I'm old.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Seem being the operative word there.

Since I don't know your current state and since I have no solid work experience in judging the metal state of a person at this time "seem" is the operative and appropriate word discussing my opinion of your current state. Thank you for approving of my word choice.

but since you decided to capitalized and bold your statement it does mean you want that to be the focus making it a defensive action (I did take psychology classes in college and behavioral gestures on the internet were discussed so I did learn this piece of information from a PhD in the field lending credence to my statement)

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : I wanted to point out to you and others that the only person that knows my true mental state is myself.  So I'd appreciate it if you and others would refrain from implying I need some sort of psychotropic medication. Again, it seems to me that the ones that feel some kind of desire to discuss intimate details of Patriots games and then defend that practice are the ones with the problem, not I.  I mean why question why Stinko was inacive if they won the game?  Move on with life.

I never implied you need some sort of psychotropic medication so I don't know why you include me in that statement.

Mental state of mind can be from calm to mental instability (insane is actually a legal term not a medical term). Defensive is a mental state of mind that perfectly normal humans feel during conversations which they are defending a position.

I also believe in our conversation (no one else included just me and you) it was in fact you who brought up psychotropic medication not I (your use of pot smoking).

Again making deflecting statements and making inaccurate statements about our conversations show a defensive characteristic and indicative of a defensive state of mind, so I guess my previous statement of "seems" has been justified.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Patsfan, do you need money to see a movie or something?  We're all here for entertainment, but you have an especially odd choice of entertainment.  Why are you here?  Why do you just write a bunch of BS?  Why do you get your kicks just being a sphincter?  Oh, don't deny that you do.  You have over 4000 posts that prove otherwise.

What purpose are you serving?  You will not change anyone on this forum.  Why do you even bother?  Does it make you feel good just to vent?  What purpose does this serve in your life.  You should at least have the courtesy of answering these questions before you ask others.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You know this is kind of fun.

Question if anyone else is left in the thread, who do you think is winning the little debate between 1966 and I?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You know this is kind of fun. Question if anyone else is left in the thread, who do you think is winning the little debate between 1966 and I?
    Posted by PatsEng

Actually, he is.  People like him get their kicks off of riling people up and dragging them into senseless arguments that even they know are ridiculous.  By our very participation he wins.  Yet we do it anyway.Frown

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Have a fragile ego and need to win, do we?

Nope don't really care just curious. Call it the engineer in me

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Actually, he is.  People like him get their kicks off of riling people up and dragging them into senseless arguments that even they know are ridiculous.  By our very participation he wins.  Yet we do it anyway.
    Posted by carawaydj

lol this would be true but he's not riling me up at all. I'm actually enjoying it which is kind of weird. Maybe I'm a closet masochist?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does "critiquing" the Patriots by fans serve a necessary purpose in our lives? : Yrw.

sorry don't know what Yrw means? Mind explained the acronym for me?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I think you get a kick out of riling people up to no purpose.   Can't they just have their fun? 
    Posted by Dessalines

You have NO CLUE what I get a kick out of.  What fun is having fun at the expense of pissing other's off?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not really sure, but that's what you seem to do.  I don't know if you're really that much of an analytical person that you're unable to pick up on social cues and have an appropriate one-on-one conversation with somebody like a human being, but you always come off as confrontational and arrogant.  What's the point of anything?  If people come on here to talk about football and it makes them happy, that's all that matters.  Nobody on here honestly thinks they could do a better job than the coaches or players out there.  Watching the NFL is a chance to enjoy great athletes on the highest level.  However, as human beings, we have emotional responses when our team wins or loses, however irrational or unjustified they must be.  Talking about those emotions and sussing them out online is an acceptable human activity which doesn't have to be explained to the likes of you.

I realize in writing this that it sounds like I'm writing to an alien.  Congrats,  you're E.T.

Sections
Shortcuts