Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001?

In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : you've had a great run but be honest, pats are just as close to being 0-5
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

yup, just as close as the jints winning by 3-4 pts every game. They could have just as easily lost too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001?

In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : you've had a great run but be honest, pats are just as close to being 0-5
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha what a toolbag. So David Tyree, a no-name receiver, routinely makes that incredible catch off his helmet every time? And Wes Welker, who catches just about 115 passes out of 117 a year, drops one of the few passes that head his way, and you're trying to say WE'RE lucky to have won close Super Bowls? HAHAHA you got gift-wrapped two rings. Be thankful and move on. You sound like an idiot.

Why hasn't this moron been banned? Oh wait, I mean banned twice, since he was ironically 'let back in as long as he played nice' the week before the Super Bowl. Biggest fairweather fan I've ever seen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

When you look at the scores of the games you can think of one or two plays that swung the tide to the winner. Even in the GB game the run back for a TD by Howard was the killer. Yes it was a 14 pt game but prior to that run it was tooth and nail. The Pats matched the Pack all the way until that play.

Green Bay Packers 35
    N. E. Patriots 21

New England Patriots 20
    St. Louis Rams 17

New England Patriots 32
    Carolina Panthers 29

New England Patriots 24
    Philadlphia Eagles 21

NY Giants 17
    New England Patriots 14

New York Giants 21
    New England Patriots 17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]does that mean the Buffalo Bills was the best team in the 90's since they were close to winning 4 superbowls?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

No but they were pretty good.  It was probably fun to be a Bill's fan at the time.  
    Frustrating too!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I can't speak for other people but for myself it isn't critizing the Pats for the lose it's finding what the flaws were and figuring out how to fix them, so that the next time they get to the SB the outcome in not in doubt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]I can't speak for other people but for myself it isn't critizing the Pats for the lose it's finding what the flaws were and figuring out how to fix them, so that the next time they get to the SB the outcome in not in doubt.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

True, but my point is that from reading through these threads, one would assume that this is a fundamentally and thoroughly flawed team- not one that is a couple of plays from being 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : True, but my point is that from reading through these threads, one would assume that this is a fundamentally and thoroughly flawed team- not one that is a couple of plays from being 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

They also won all three by a total of 9 points so they could have been 0-5.

It is not about being thoroughly flawed, it is about trying to figure out why the earlier teams won and the more teams have been not quite good enough. I do not think anyone rational thinks this team is a "bad" team, but it is definitely not the team it once was...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : They also won all three by a total of 9 points so they could have been 0-5. It is not about being thoroughly flawed, it is about trying to figure out why the earlier teams won and the more teams have been not quite good enough. I do not think anyone rational thinks this team is a "bad" team, but it is definitely not the team it once was...
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Copy that. Good explanation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : Yeah, but the offense could have locked up the win Sunday night on that drive before NYG scored. Quit busting on the defense. They didn't cause the safety, commit turnovers, or drop passes.                     
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

You're going all the way back to the start of the game to make excuses for the D FAIL in the endgame. You don't "get it" and you probably never will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : I guess you didn't watch the Ravens game.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

I watched that game. I saw the D try like hell to give another away at the last minute. But for the fluke miss they would have at least allowed a win to be tied at the last minute.

Same old D. Can't step up when the game is on the line and hold the lead then certain persons try to excuse it by pointing to other events earlier in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does anyone appreciate how close the Pats are to 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001? : True, but my point is that from reading through these threads, one would assume that this is a fundamentally and thoroughly flawed team- not one that is a couple of plays from being 5-0 in the Super Bowl since 2001.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

It is fundamentally flawed in that FOR YEARS AND YEARS we cannot get the D to play clutch in the endgame.

This is THE issue, and we would likely have 3 more Lombardi's if it wasn't.

This D is not clutch, CONSISTENTLY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Should be 0-7, they were cheating until 2007.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

If it wasn't for probably 2 of the flukiest catches of all time they would be.