Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats?

How much does O'Brien going to Penn State inhibit Pats' playcalling? It didn't seem to be all there on Sunday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats?

the play calling was good i my opinion besides brady's 2nd int when he just lobbed it into the end zone right after the pats got the ball back with a chance to put the game away....i believe billy is fully there mentally, but hey what do i know? according to some on this forum our opinions mean nothing 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats?

There were some play calls I didn't agree with, but I thought both INTs were a result of bad decisions by Tommy B as opposed to bad play calls.  Even with the turnovers and the missed opportunities in the red zone they still scored 23 on one of the top D's in the league.  The offense has to play better in the SB, but I don't think the O's poor execution at times can be entirely blamed on playcalling.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I actually think the play calling wasn't bad.  The Ravens have a great defense and we hung 23 up on them which could have been more if BB challenged the Gronk catch along the sidelines instead of settling for 3 and if we didn't lose 3 possessions with turn overs.  The Ravens only gave up 16.6 ppg during the season so we beat that by a TD. 

We actually ran the ball pretty well on them.  When the Ravens went to 4-2-5 sets to stop the pass, we'd run and pick up big chunks of yards. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats?:
    I bet no one here would have been cheering if Slater HAD caught that pass for a TD-it was such an awful call.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

of course we would be cheering, but the concept of lobbing the ball to the end zone to a player who only had one long catch on the season and it was week one, isnt a great call espescially considering the situation and the fact that there were two db's waiting for that down the field...and like i said, it was a chance to 
    milk the clock and get some more points...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I didn't think the play calling was particularly bad.  Pats were up against a very tough D and, as faucetman indicated, put 23 points on the board.  I also agree that the 2 picks were on TB, not the play calling.  Brady didn't have to throw the bomb to the EZ.  He either made a bad read or tried to force something that wasn't there.  Brady's the best but, by his own admission, 'sucked' last Sunday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

I hope we get more "juvenile" play calling in 2 weeks cause it's brought this team nothing but win after win.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

This was actually a discussion on ESPN channel. They claim that with the college prospects coming up for evaluation first week of February and O'Brien chosen as HC at Penn State that it may be hard for him to keep his head into game-planning for the Pats for the SB. I thought they would use the short passing game and modest rushing against the Ravens and that is basically how they played, so I don't think the game plan was under-developed although it was conservative, which may reflect less time in preparation. Just wondering if anyone shared the opinion zas discussed on ESPN.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sorry to rehash points i've already made in other threads, but there is absolutely no way in he** that O'Brien called the bomb to the middle of the endzone with 7 minutes on the clock and the Pats on the 50.  No way. 

That had to have been Brady's call the whole way, or he called an audible at the line. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats?:
    In Response to Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats? : So?  Who are you to call either out?

I'm not.  Grow up and learn, "PhD".

You've got a short memory, even for those who have tried to support you.

Not that bright a post, dude.  Read the post, then read the thread.   There is no blame.  It's football.  And you don't know it very well.

Rememberthis?

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1922/bohr-bio.html

You got called out as a liar many months ago when you tried to tell people you have advanced research degrees in science, but you couldn't even spell the name of one of the most widely recognized men in history.

Good work, troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No, but I think you're juvenile.

Where'd you go, troll boy?  Just gonna post and run today? 

You are so much like a dog farting.  Just do it and leave the room.

Spineless little cuttlefish.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats? : Where'd you go, troll boy?  Just gonna post and run today?  You are so much like a dog farting.  Just do it and leave the room. Spineless little cuttlefish.
    Posted by soups

66 has a PHD - impressive!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Sorry to rehash points i've already made in other threads, but there is absolutely no way in he** that O'Brien called the bomb to the middle of the endzone with 7 minutes on the clock and the Pats on the 50.  No way.  That had to have been Brady's call the whole way, or he called an audible at the line. 
    Posted by soups

here's my issue with that theory, soups:  Slater was on the field.  Which means there's at least the possibility that play was called. Either that or they were faking deep with Slater as a decoy. 

But it was a called play to either go deep or fake the deep ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone else believe the play calling Sunday was juvenile because O'Brien does not have his head fully with the Pats? : here's my issue with that theory, soups:  Slater was on the field.  Which means there's at least the possibility that play was called. Either that or they were faking deep with Slater as a decoy.  But it was a called play to either go deep or fake the deep ball.
    Posted by fatsam72

Good point.  Slater really only gets used in long yardage situations, but I thought they had him there as a decoy and they were either going to run a draw up the middle, or just short yardage stuff to keep the clock moving. Twenty yards and they were already in FG range from the thirty. I can't imagine their gameplan was to use exactly 7 seconds of that clock, but that's exactly what they did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

nah, it's been consistently bad

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Sorry to rehash points i've already made in other threads, but there is absolutely no way in he** that O'Brien called the bomb to the middle of the endzone with 7 minutes on the clock and the Pats on the 50.  No way.  That had to have been Brady's call the whole way, or he called an audible at the line. 
    Posted by soups

===================
    And did Brady audible Slater onto the field?

Sections
Shortcuts