Does anyone else hate Merril Hodge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Does anyone else hate Merril Hodge?

Merril Hodge consistently picks against the Pats more than any other analyst.  It must be he still resents all the whippings the Pats gave those favored Steelers teams.  He'll be rooting for alleged rapist and all-round degenerate Big Ben upon his return.  Hey Merril, you were a second rate runningback and you have a pansy sounding name.  I hate Merril Hodge!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Re: Does anyone else hate Merril Hodge?

Merril Hoge is not an "expert". He is a Steeler's fan. He has never, ever picked them to lose!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yep. Him, and Mark Slureth are a bunch of azzclowns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not sure "hate" is the right word, but really, the list of former players who can both form an objective, coherrent thought and communicate it effectively is not very long.

Hoge doesn't make me want to drive nails through my eardrums, the way Dan Dierdorf does, but he's pretty annoying in a general sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

There are many "analysts" I don't particularly like, Hoge being one of them.

Can someone tell me why Millen is even still in football? He could play, but manage or analyze? No.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

^
    ^
    all of the above and he's lousy dresser

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Yes Sir, along with:
    Mark Schlereth (not sure if I spelled that right)
    Ron Jaworski
    Phil Sims
    Chris Collinsworth
    John Gruden
    Shannon Sharpe
    Dan Marino
    Tom Jackson
    Tony Dungy
    Pretty much everybody! I'm usually watching a Pats game with the mute button on.

I wish I could watch a Pats game and just listen to Gil Santos doing the play by play. Yeah, that would be awesome!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Good call Rodimus. How about Marshall Faulk ( although great player and listed way 2 low along w/ Moss in the top 100 ) , Faulk is a terrible analyst. Shannon Sharpe holds his toungue hostage in his mouth , imagine watching that guy ... well talking is bad enough for me. Anyone remember how absolutely putrid Emmit Smith was ... LMMFAO? Some of these guys must be really hurting to be willing to make absolute complete fools of themselves on TV. It must be true about Athletes being broke by the time their carerrs are over. I passed a homeless guy on the street the other and gave him a few bucks. I took a second look and quickley grabbed my money right back ... After all the horrible tips Sean Salsberry gave me , there was no way I was giving him money to buy a 40 of OE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Whatever happened to Sean Salisbury?  That guy used to love the Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

Sean Salisbury was fired from ESPN for taking a picture of his "genitals" and showing them to co-workers at a bar. haha but i do miss him as an analyst. very fair and un-biased. all that's left at ESPN are a bunch of meat-headed, washed up NFL players arguing back and forth of why their old team is better than the opposition

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Don't forget that sniveling little hoemoe John Clayton, or whatever his name is, the one that looks like Frank Perdue and talks about Peyton Mannings personal ball washers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hate when he says "Factor back". 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mark Schlereth 
    Ron Jaworski
    Chris Collinsworth
    John Gruden
    Dan Marino
    Tom Jackson
    Tony Dungy
    Steve Young! I hate this guy! Always calling Peyton Manning the greatest when he saw Joe Montana play with his own eyes every week. He's always trying to diminish what Joe did, but he had a similar team to what Joe had and he only won 1 SB. Favorite line of his was when he said that being born a Manning means you're automatically a great QB. Archie was slightly above average and Eli is a mediocre QB who lives of his big bro's accomplishments. 

I don't hate Sharpe or Simms, but these guys up there^^^ OH MY!

ESPECIALLY THE FIRST IDIOT!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

hoge is an espn analcyst

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I refuse to listen to any pregame show, and yes Dan Dilldoo is one of the worst!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Unfortunately betting against the Pats is the safe bet lately.  They are 1-7 over the last 8 road games.  Who would you pick in public if you are trying to look smart this week?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtm9. Show jtm9's posts

Merrill Hoge has always been a tool.  The one guy I surprisingly like is Keyshawn Johnson.  He will argue with Ditka, Chris Carter, Tom Jackson and Boomer.  He usually has a good point and will stick with it no matter who disagrees.  When he first started I thought he would be gone quick, but he is still here and he brings alot to the table.  I'm also a guy who couldn't stand John Madden. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I agree with most eveyone.  The ones I can tolerate though are:

Jimmie Johnson
           Troy Aikman
           John Gruden

I absolutely hate Bradshaw.  He's just a goof.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Does anyone else hate Merril Hodge?:
    [QUOTE]Merril Hodge consistently picks against the Pats more than any other analyst.  It must be he still resents all the whippings the Pats gave those favored Steelers teams.  He'll be rooting for alleged rapist and all-round degenerate Big Ben upon his return.  Hey Merril, you were a second rate runningback and you have a pansy sounding name.  I hate Merril Hodge!
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

He works for ESPN what do you expect?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The absolute worst?

Sonny Jurgenson. He does the radio broadcast for the Redskins. I have the pleasure of listening to him a few times a year when I am in the car on Sunday.

If you haven't heard him, he is like that idiot that someone invited to your party who says something like "They should run the screen." and when they eventually do run a screen and get positive yards he expects everyone to notice that he predicted it. To ensure they notice, he crows about it "Just like I told 'em to."

To top it off, he has a couple guys with him who defer to him and actually wash his nads as the game is going on.

I just heard him this afternoon and was reminded that I can't stand him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

He's always been Pro-Steelers. Not quite as bad as he was. I don't think Troy Aikman is  pro-Cowboy at all. I think he goes overboard against the Boys sometimes just to show he's not pro Dallas. Much better then Jaworski.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Merril Hodge consistently picks against the Pats more than any other analyst.  It must be he still resents all the whippings the Pats gave those favored Steelers teams.  He'll be rooting for alleged rapist and all-round degenerate Big Ben upon his return.  Hey Merril, you were a second rate runningback and you have a pansy sounding name.  I hate Merril Hodge!
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]
    That's your reason for hating someone? Did he kill your parents? Did you ever meet the guy? I hate the word hate. Fu  cking grow up homer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]
    Do you think anyone likes some of the former Pats homerism? We just deal with it and move on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone else hate Merril Hodge?:
    [QUOTE]Yes Sir, along with: Mark Schlereth (not sure if I spelled that right) Ron Jaworski Phil Sims Chris Collinsworth John Gruden Shannon Sharpe Dan Marino Tom Jackson Tony Dungy Pretty much everybody! I'm usually watching a Pats game with the mute button on. I wish I could watch a Pats game and just listen to Gil Santos doing the play by play. Yeah, that would be awesome!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]
    You forgot Teddy and Rodney.

Sections
Shortcuts