Does anyone else think Brady's slow starts are due to....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-md. Show pats-fan-in-md's posts

Does anyone else think Brady's slow starts are due to....

Boredom? We are talking about a player who has seen and done it all on the field. At first he kind of reminded me of the boxer Sugar Ray Leonard. Ray used
    to take a while to figure your weak spot and then in a hail of punches would take you out. But I am leaning more towards boredom now. Give the other team
    a head start and now Brady feels the adrenalin start to flow. Am i way off base here?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Does anyone else think Brady's slow starts are due to....

This is a joke..right?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If you want to use boxing to describe what they did then look no further... They did the Ali rope a dope.  Letting the Dolphins get a lead, tire out, and go into the 2nd half with some false sense of security and then bam, the Patriots take over and win.

I'll tell ya something.... watching the Pats play that first half I was wondering what was happening.  We have seen slow starts before but an entire first half???  Then Branch instead of running out of bounds right before halftime and saving time he turns up field to waste the time.  I have come to the conclusiuon that it had to be one of these...

Maybe the fix was in

Maybe they lost a bet and had to give the Phins a 17 point lead going into half

Or maybe they just wanted to test their hearts and see if they had it in them to come back in the second half to win.  Ya know, prepare for if they are down in the playoffs.

(sarcasm)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think Brady re-injured his sore arm/shoulder in this game.  He took a lot of hits right out of the game.

It was evident that Mankins at L-tackle will not work.  

You have focused on the negative, presuming that Brady has become bored.  I don't see it.  I think it is more of a matter of the Pats being a scheme-driven team that likes to feel and probe its competitors before applying the appropriate counter-strategy.  That's how the Pats own their SB rings.  They had seemed to have lost that ability - to make sucessful adjustments - in the previous past few years, but are exhibiting it again.

I took something hopeful away from this game.  The Packers had line issues to injury against the Chiefs and lost.  The Dolphins are probably better than the Chiefs at this part of the season.  Yet with a substantial injury problem on the o-line, the Pats eaked-out a win against them. 

The last time the Pats were this beat-up they won another Super Bowl.  This seems to be a weirdly charmed season.  This team has heart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

Brady had a similarly slow start in the Redskins game, which I attended. Threw several balls into the dirt or over the receiver's head. I strongly suspect that the rumours of tendonitus are true, and it is just difficult for him to get warmed up and loose. He spent a LOT of time throwing on the sidelines between series once the game started. This may actually play into why they throw so much early in the games. They don't want him to aggravate it in pre-game so they let him get warmed up during the game. The injuries on the line also played a big part on his poor play in the first half. Once that got sorted out and he got a little more loose things were much better. Like many others I would like to see at least a little more running in the early part of the game to set up the play action pass, at which nobody has ever been beter than Brady, but maybe they are risking slow starts to preserve his arm for the playoffs.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No. It's the OC's fault. To be honest TB is the real OC, he should be calling the plays in real time as they happen. He's been running this offense since what? yeah 2001, where was O'Brien?

O'Brien is a terrible OC.

It's easy for TB to say been there done that. But he loves football, and wants to put up a clinic every game.

Fron this point firward we should be in the hurry up every down. It wears down the defense, and doesn't allow them to susbstitute

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Has anyone considered that Brady's slow starts are due to playing against good defenses?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Has anyone considered that Brady's slow starts are due to playing against good defenses?

My thoughts too. fresh corners. good man to man coverage. then the hurry up wears the D out and the recievers get some seperation. Sure Brady throws a few in the dirt but the recievers drop them too. I think Miami was a good test, they had something to play for, AFC east pride.