Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid?

Tom Brady has 4-5 good years left
    Do any of us really think that this fact is lost on BB or anyone else involved in the Patriots organization? Do you think they are satisfied with our receiving corps and don't think we need to improve?

Bill Belichick HATES to lose
    Seriously if you haven't read "Patriot Reign" yet you really need to. It made me look at this offseason in a completely different light. He taked losing VERY seriously and very personal. I guarantee that loss to the Ravens haunts him everyday. As you have heard from many players, coaches etc. Belichick is a situational coach and they are nothing if not prepared for every game. It's not about big names or even big talent with the Pats. It's about putting the team in the right situation to win.

Everyone needs to just relax. I know it's frustrating to see the Jets and the Phins "improving" and we've been pretty much silent for the last couple of months, but trust that Belichick is putting us in a postition to win games. The guy hasn't made too many mistakes over the years, so until he proves otherwise, in BB I trust!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid?

I wouldn't exactly call him stupid, but he isn't "God" either....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid?:
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Nobody said he was....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by BubbaInHawaii
    You are correct he's not God. He's a darn good Football coach who like all mortals makes mistakes,fortunately for Patriots fans they have been few and far between. If you put all the NFL coaches in a line and you have the first pick of the coaches available,I'm betting that 9 out 10 folks on any board would take BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

while i dont think he is stupid...his pride is hurting the pats as much as anyone's stupidity could ever do

i know there is a whole big myth about the patriot way...but sometimes...talent wins over pride

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : Nobody said he was....
    Posted by m1021us

Most of you on this board think he is..or that at the very least think he can do no wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

while i dont think he is stupid...his pride is hurting the pats as much as anyone's stupidity could ever do i know there is a whole big myth about the patriot way...but sometimes...talent wins over pride
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

What?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

He is "stupid" if he thinks he can do it all by himself.  No SB rings since Wiess and Rommeo left.  No hires on the off cord or def cord again this year.  He seems to be having an EGO problem, of like I can do this without any help.  That scares me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Every now and then a great coach comes along and there is no other coach I would rather have. Who do you think could come in and do a better job?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

while i dont think he is stupid...his pride is hurting the pats as much as anyone's stupidity could ever do i know there is a whole big myth about the patriot way...but sometimes...talent wins over pride
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

It's clear you either didn't read or don't understand what I said. What evidence do you have that his "pride" is hurting the team? It's his coaching style to be aggressive and the only reason why anyone want him to change the way he operates now is because we haven't been to the SB in 2 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

He is "stupid" if he thinks he can do it all by himself.  No SB rings since Wiess and Rommeo left.  No hires on the off cord or def cord again this year.  He seems to be having an EGO problem, of like I can do this without any help.  That scares me.
    Posted by Patsman2

True we haven't won a SB since they left but we aren't that far removed from a perfect season.

As far as doing it by himself...he's not!! He's not a title guy. He doesn't need them, and he surrounds himself with people that don't need them either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : Nobody said he was....
    Posted by m1021us

ummm....sure some do...figuratively speaking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : True we haven't won a SB since they left but we aren't that far removed from a perfect season. As far as doing it by himself...he's not!! He's not a title guy. He doesn't need them, and he surrounds himself with people that don't need them either.
    Posted by KellieMB

While I'm probably going to be called out for supporting a girl, we know girls really don't understand football as well as guys like bradymossfan or the other posers I agree, with you Kellie.  He doesn't need to be glorified, I've read he actually wishes everyone just leaves him alone to coach and make his team better to win.  It is all about winning as a team.  A guy can have a title a be a complete idiot, I rather have the coaches we have and glad they don't feel the need to have a title next to their name.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : True we haven't won a SB since they left but we aren't that far removed from a perfect season. As far as doing it by himself...he's not!! He's not a title guy. He doesn't need them, and he surrounds himself with people that don't need them either.
    Posted by KellieMB

Sorry, but the responsibility that goes with certain titles.....and the potential accollades and respect that go hand-in-hand with the successful performance of those responsibilities IS important to some of the Patriot staffers.  Especially, if their long term goal is to become a head coach or OC or DC elswhere.

http://dailyme.com/story/2010032600000126/pepper-johnson-spray-bill-belichick.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : It's clear you either didn't read or don't understand what I said. What evidence do you have that his "pride" is hurting the team? It's his coaching style to be aggressive and the only reason why anyone want him to change the way he operates now is because we haven't been to the SB in 2 years.
    Posted by KellieMB

ugh, i understand it perfectly...what i mean is...look at the man...he is a very prideful man, he thinks he can do it all himself, and draft subserviant players and less talented players to mold them into "the patriot way"

and its not working...most of his draft picks have been average at best and while there is some young talent in the guys he got last year...how they pan out is another story

fact is...most of the guys from the superbowl teams are gone and the pats are in a transitional period with their roster greatly in flux...they tried to patch up problem areas with vets past their prime last year and it didnt work...

and this year, they have a great draft...but a good draft means you found 1 or 2 guys who can contribute right away and the rest is developmental for the future...this plan would also leave the roster in flux with so many new players learning the system

look, im not taking a shot at BB or the pats in this thread...he is a very proud man and his way of doing things may have outlived their usefulness

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid?:
    Tom Brady has 4-5 good years left Do any of us really think that this fact is lost on BB or anyone else involved in the Patriots organization? Do you think they are satisfied with our receiving corps and don't think we need to improve? Bill Belichick HATES to lose Seriously if you haven't read "Patriot Reign" yet you really need to. It made me look at this offseason in a completely different light. He taked losing VERY seriously and very personal. I guarantee that loss to the Ravens haunts him everyday. As you have heard from many players, coaches etc. Belichick is a situational coach and they are nothing if not prepared for every game. It's not about big names or even big talent with the Pats. It's about putting the team in the right situation to win. Everyone needs to just relax. I know it's frustrating to see the Jets and the Phins "improving" and we've been pretty much silent for the last couple of months, but trust that Belichick is putting us in a postition to win games. The guy hasn't made too many mistakes over the years, so until he proves otherwise, in BB I trust!
    Posted by KellieMB

The amount of time a head ball coach spends on the job is considerable. For Belichick to place himself in a role where he's basically wearing the OC and DC hats as well makes we wonder what exactly is going on at Gillette. Compounding these concerns is our inactivity this season regarding free agents - while our (currently) biggest rivals in the AFC east are adding talent. 
    It'll be interesting to see how the draft pans out and how we further address the needs of this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : While I'm probably going to be called out for supporting a girl, we know girls really don't understand football as well as guys like bradymossfan or the other posers I agree, with you Kellie.  He doesn't need to be glorified, I've read he actually wishes everyone just leaves him alone to coach and make his team better to win.  It is all about winning as a team.  A guy can have a title a be a complete idiot, I rather have the coaches we have and glad they don't feel the need to have a title next to their name.
    Posted by Pats7393

LOL! What you mean't to say is MOST girls don't understand football. But I'm not most girls!

I've been trying to educate myself on the mind of Belichick over the last couple of months and like I said I am looking at the entire organization in a different way. It's really facinating and it has put me totally at ease as far as the future of the Patriots is concerned. I truly wouldn't want anyone else guiding us through this offseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : LOL! What you mean't to say is MOST girls don't understand football. But I'm not most girls! I've been trying to educate myself on the mind of Belichick over the last couple of months and like I said I am looking at the entire organization in a different way. It's really facinating and it has put me totally at ease as far as the future of the Patriots is concerned. I truly wouldn't want anyone else guiding us through this offseason.
    Posted by KellieMB

Your talking like you've been "born again" and have witnessed some time of miracle.  You've spent the last few months educating yourself on the mind of Belichick?  Are you kidding me?  That's the problem with some if not most of the posters on this board.  BB is not god!  He's a man of flesh and bone, he takes a dump just like the rest of us.  Your blind faith in another human being is what allows dictatorships to flourish.

But if you feel this strongly, then make your pilgrimage to Patriot place and put your hand on the great snow plow, I hear it heals the sick and gives one everlasting life.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : Your talking like you've been "born again" and have witnessed some time of miracle.  You've spent the last few months educating yourself on the mind of Belichick?  Are you kidding me?  That's the problem with some if not most of the posters on this board.  BB is not god!  He's a man of flesh and bone, he takes a dump just like the rest of us.  Your blind faith in another human being is what allows dictatorships to flourish. But if you feel this strongly, then make your pilgrimage to Patriot place and put your hand on the great snow plow, I hear it heals the sick and gives one everlasting life.
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL! It's not like that. I just feel like I understand the draft process and his philosophy behind putting a team together better now than I did a few months ago. I never said he was "god" or that he doesn't make mistakes! RELAX!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

This board isn't fun anymore. A lot of unnecessary negativity. Hey guys guess what?!?! None of us know anything about what's going on behind the scenes and most of these threads will turn out to be completely irrelevent by June!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Kellie if you liked Patriot Reign then you would love the Bill Belichick autobiography "An education of a coach" that was one of the best books i have ever read.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Just finished it! Thanks though..it was great! Also provided a lot of great insight..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Belichick is God, Brady is Jesus and Tim Tebow is Moses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Here Think Bill Belichick Is Stupid? : Your talking like you've been "born again" and have witnessed some time of miracle.  You've spent the last few months educating yourself on the mind of Belichick?  Are you kidding me?  That's the problem with some if not most of the posters on this board.  BB is not god!  He's a man of flesh and bone, he takes a dump just like the rest of us.  Your blind faith in another human being is what allows dictatorships to flourish. But if you feel this strongly, then make your pilgrimage to Patriot place and put your hand on the great snow plow, I hear it heals the sick and gives one everlasting life.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Oh so now you know more than the guy who won us three Super Bowls?  I guess Kraft should be letting you call the shots.

DON'T QUESTION BELICHICK!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

LOL! What you mean't to say is MOST girls don't understand football. But I'm not most girls! I've been trying to educate myself on the mind of Belichick over the last couple of months and like I said I am looking at the entire organization in a different way. It's really facinating and it has put me totally at ease as far as the future of the Patriots is concerned. I truly wouldn't want anyone else guiding us through this offseason.
    Posted by KellieMB

This is how most of us on this board feel. The Patriots are in good hands with the Krafts and Coach Belichick running the show. They have a long term plan for this team that keeps them competitive year after year.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts