Does anyone know if N.E considered Jeff Jagodzinski for the OC position?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Does anyone know if N.E considered Jeff Jagodzinski for the OC position?

I think he should have been considered atleast. I know he is probably up for the head coaching job at Louisville but the pats could use an offensive coordinator imo. As much as i like obrien he is not nearly as effective as mcdaniels or weiss and I think he should stay the qb coach. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: Does anyone know if N.E considered Jeff Jagodzinski for the OC position?

I suppose the spead offense could be the reason why no one has really mentioned him as an option but I really hope bb helps obrien with the playcalling at the very least 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

As far as I know he was never considered for any job with the pats let alone teh OC. He couldnt hack it with Tampa Bay what on Earth makes you think he could hack it here? If you cant hadle Tampa then you deffently cant handle NE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

For what it's worth, Tampa fired Jagodzinski 10 days before the start of the year because there were issues with communication, organization and attention to detail. 

I do agree that they could use and upgrade to the offensive coaching staff as this years offense appears to have no identity, while showing the inability to make adjustments or execute efficiently/effectively.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

People have short memories here.  McDaniels was also an unknown who was criticized the 1st yr he ran the O just like O'Brien is now.  There was plenty of crying for Charlie Weiss to come back.  Belichick is grooming O'Brien the same way he did McDaniels.  It's a work in progress.  I doubt he ever considered bringing in Jags

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustaFan5. Show JustaFan5's posts

He was fired by Tampa; couldn't win a big game at BC, and was the Offensive Coordinator in Green Bay for some of Farve's worst seasons. The plays are not the problem, it is the fact that Brady is still a bit rusty, and we do not have the receiving core that we had 2 seasons ago. Galloway is not working out, and Brady has simply not made the throws that we have seen him make, over and over again in the past. They have two loses, and should have won both games; the future is looking bright.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I don't think the problem is the OC as much as the plays he is calling and game planning if he is in fact to blame.  I'm not in the locker room so I don't know what BB told him to do, it may not be his fault..?

On the other hand if he has free range to do as he likes, and he was the one who spread the offense out in the second half against the Broncos instead of pounding the rock with a ten point lead, than perhaps it was the high altitude air and he should have had an oxygen mask on. 

It was poor preparation not to notice how tentative and inaccurate Brady was in the preseason and to pare down the playbook to a 2001 type offense so he could work his way back up; sort of baby steps like they had to do with Cassall.  Tommy could still set up a half back screen pass with the best of them... even on one leg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

The OC doesnt throw the ball

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

I'm no defender of Jags, because I don't know very much about him.  The reason that I am chiming in here is that I live in the Tampa Bay area (Sarasota), and am somewhat familiar with the Bucs.  In my opinion, the coach, Raheem Morris, is in way over his head, and the owners have been somewhat absentee, seemingly more absorbed in their interest in Manchester United; so the mere fact that Jags was cut loose by this bunch is not necessarily a credible indictment of him.  That's all.

Sections
Shortcuts