Does anyone know our draft picks for 2011??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Does anyone know our draft picks for 2011??

I know we have two picks in the first,second. Do we have two in the fourth now or do we only have one. Not sure if we traded our fourth away...i think we gave a 5th to atlanta....so does anyone know the picks we have?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Does anyone know our draft picks for 2011??

I think we have:

1st
    1st (Raiders)
    2nd
    2nd (Panthers)
    3rd
    4th
    4th (Broncos)
    5th
    5th (compensatory, prediction, Ben Watson)
    6th (Saints)
    7th

We don't get a compensatory pick for Green since he was cut. Ojinnaka could result in us losing another pick. That would probably be our 7th round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

according to the wikipedia article we still have our 5th round pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Don't we have another sixth too? I thought we had two: Ours and the one from trading David Thomas. Then we got rid of the one today with the Maroney trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone know our draft picks for 2011??:
    Don't we have another sixth too? I thought we had two: Ours and the one from trading David Thomas. Then we got rid of the one today with the Maroney trade.
    Posted by magicalhobo

yeah. you're right. i missed that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

1st (NE)
    1st (OAK)
    2nd (NE)
    2nd (CAR)
    3rd (NE)
    4th (NE)
    4th (DEN)
    5th (NE)
    6th (NO)*
    7th (NE)

* via David Thomas trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft according to the wikipedia article we still have our 5th round pick
    Posted by KyleCleric2

That link also mentions the conditional picks we have to give up to Atlanta for Ojinnaka and KC for Jarrad Page.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Updated: 9/14/10 (Laurence Maroney Trade)

1st Round
    1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)
    2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)
    2nd Round
    3rd Round
    4th Round
    4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)
    5th Round
    6th Round (NO – David Thomas)
    7th Round

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

does the draft still happen if there's a lockout? i'm thinking lockout would be decided after the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

NFL Owners are already committed to the 2011 Draft ( It happens no matter what ).

Also -
     I dont see us getting awarded any compensatory picks next draft 'cause unlike in recent years - we signed quite a few free agents
    ( G Warren  , Crumpler , Murrell , Damien Lewis , Tory Holt )
    While losing only Watson / Baker / Jarvis Green

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

NFL Owners are already committed to the 2011 Draft ( It happens no matter what ). Also -  I dont see us getting awarded any compensatory picks next draft 'cause unlike in recent years - we signed quite a few free agents ( G Warren  , Crumpler , Murrell , Damien Lewis , Tory Holt ) While losing only Watson / Baker / Jarvis Green
    Posted by CapFoxboro

Compensatory picks don't work like that.

They compare like contracts to like contracts. Watson signed a deal worth more than $4M a year. None of the players we signed, who were unrestricted free agents that weren't cut or not tendered under restricted free agency, count. As in Warren, Crumpler, and Murrell are the only players you listed are on the team. Lewis and Holt were cut before the season, doesn't count. Murrell was a restricted free agent who wasn't tendered, doesn't count. Warren was cut by the Raiders and Crumpler was cut by the Titans, neither count. For the Patriots, Baker was cut by the Pats, doesn't count. Green was cut by the Broncos before the season, doesn't count. The ONLY player that counts on your list is Watson. He fits in perfectly to the 5th round compensatory category. We're going to get that pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It won't make any difference with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds they are set for next years draft. In answer to the question about the looming lockouts effect on the draft of 2011,the answer is it has no effect as any lockout would be held after the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have heard from multiple sources that regardless of the CBA, whether or not there is a lockout or work stoppage the 2011 draft will happen as scheduled.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone know our draft picks for 2011?? : Compensatory picks don't work like that. They compare like contracts to like contracts. Watson signed a deal worth more than $4M a year. None of the players we signed, who were unrestricted free agents that weren't cut or not tendered under restricted free agency, count. As in Warren, Crumpler, and Murrell are the only players you listed are on the team. Lewis and Holt were cut before the season, doesn't count. Murrell was a restricted free agent who wasn't tendered, doesn't count. Warren was cut by the Raiders and Crumpler was cut by the Titans, neither count. For the Patriots, Baker was cut by the Pats, doesn't count. Green was cut by the Broncos before the season, doesn't count. The ONLY player that counts on your list is Watson. He fits in perfectly to the 5th round compensatory category. We're going to get that pick.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Sounds like you understand this better than most.  Do you think the Pats get a 3rd or so for Mankins if they let him walk?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

It doesn't matter what they are.  They will be traded down for 'value' and will not be on the team by 2015

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

green was an ufa... not cut...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

oh cut by denver...got it my bad...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Just imagine if BB used some of those picks to move up in the draft.....lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Just imagine if BB used some of those picks to move up in the draft.....lol
    Posted by Rocky

Then he wouldn't have the amount of yong starters all over the field right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

If there's no 2011 season, how does the league determine the draft order for the 2012 draft? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

After these past two drafts, some of you may want to back off on BB trading down to get better value. 

Butler, McCourty, Chung, Mayo(traded down), Spikes, Guyton (undrafted FA), Cunningham, Brace, Edelman, Tate, Price, Hernadez, Gronkowski, Vollmer, and that was just off the top of my head.

These look like great drafts to me so far, thou to early for to make any great claims, but the drafts have been great, the team attitude has changed completely, the best by far, since the SB era.

But hey, put the team down as much as you can, and then when we are on top, you nay sayers can say you knew it all along.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone know our draft picks for 2011?? : Sounds like you understand this better than most.  Do you think the Pats get a 3rd or so for Mankins if they let him walk?
    Posted by shenanigan

It depends on what he signs for in his new contract. Seems likely though.

Sections
Shortcuts