Does anyone think Adrian Peterson is worth 100 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Does anyone think Adrian Peterson is worth 100 million

36 guaranteed... this guy fumbles to much for that kind of money, no runningback is worth that much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Does anyone think Adrian Peterson is worth 100 million

only 36 guaranteed.  front loaded, too

i thought it was a little high, but i think it reflects that most teams would take peterson over half of the quarterbacks out there, so...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

He's the best back in the game. He drives the Vikings offense and has actually cured his fumbling woes from two seasons ago. I do believe he only had like 1 or 2 fumbles last season as opposed to his double digits the season prior

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I don't know why anyone pays any mind to the whole or entire contract. The only number that matters is the one you pointed out , 36 mil. guaranteed. That's essentially a 3 year deal for a player of his caliber. The guy is someone you can depend on week after week. He's versatile , durable and still shows improvement in his game. He has got much better at catching the ball out of the backfield , blocking and only fumbled once last year. He sells tickets and is amazing to watch. I don't have any problem with teams locking up elite players in the prime of their careers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't think any RB is worth that much in today's NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone think Adrian Peterson is worth 100 million:
    He's the best back in the game. He drives the Vikings offense and has actually cured his fumbling woes from two seasons ago. I do believe he only had like 1 or 2 fumbles last season as opposed to his double digits the season prior
    Posted by IrishMob7

You're probably right, but I still wouldn't give a running back that much money. I guess if a running back deserves a huge contract, it's him, but they run the risk of there careers becoming ineffective by just losing a fraction of their speed. That isn't a problem with QB's, offensive linemen, some defensive linemen, some safeties and corners and even some wide receivers. But man, if the running back loses it, the hole closes and they're done. And they never get it back, it's over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

NOPE...to many carries already, is often injured with dings and stuff, will never see more than a couple of more productive years...another desperate midwestern team trying to fill the seats with their only good player as the big attraction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Adrian peterson is the Vikings. He is one of the only reason people go to see the vikings these days, so to them, he is worth that much.

Best back in the NFL IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone think Adrian Peterson is worth 100 million:
    NOPE...to many carries already, is often injured with dings and stuff, will never see more than a couple of more productive years...another desperate midwestern team trying to fill the seats with their only good player as the big attraction.
    Posted by hambonawilliams

He's missed 3 games in 4 years and has been an elite player since day one. What NFL isn't "often" injured? Most play with serious injuries all year , all their careers. Every single team in the league cares about filling seats and making money. As far as "big attractions" , well there are few bigger than 12. He fills half of that new stadium we have. Gillette has such a corporate feel to it nowadays , its sad. They sit on their hands all day and are only there to see Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

36 guaranteed isn't outrageous. I agree with the Nick's comments above ... a runner of his caliber improves your team more than a mediocre QB. 

Though, only a truly elite runner should even sniff that money. A player like Peterson can line up and get you yards even when the other team knows it's coming. 

Other than him, there aren't any others ... ok, Chris Johnson maybe. 

Otherwise RBs aren't worth it because they break down, and their performance depends deeply on the O-Line. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Who else are the Vikes gonna pay to fill the seats and give them a chance to win on the field?  Brett Favre -- oh wait...doh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No. He is a pretty good RB though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

He's the best in the game, but the RB position just isn't worth that much now a days.  The Vikes were totally handcuffed to him tho, no real leverage imagine if he walked, Ziggi doesn't get funding for his new dome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Great player but no one at the RB position can justify that type of money. Too quick a burn out rate and way too many season ending injuries!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'd give it to him before i would give it to Vick

Sections
Shortcuts