Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???

He will get his chance this summer and going all the way to the last cut, if he can't play because of another injury he's done.

The guy when healthy is a hand full in pass rush, I hope he's healthy and comes in to prove he can play.  If he does and Cunningham who I've been reading was an undervalued player and good pick by the Pats, both will give a very much improved pass rush.

Also watch for McCourty dropping into coverage and Merri or Chung blitzing more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Thanks everyone, sure seems to be a variety of opinions on his college play and what he may or may not do in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

They must see something in the guy if they haven't cut him yet.  They have cut 3rd rounders before, remember Kevin O'Connell?  No doubt this is a do or die year for Crable and Wheatley. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Crable is a beast on madden... i know its a game but theres a reason he hasnet played to years and not even BJ can run him over on all madden, Crable just needs a chance, this will be the year, i expect him and Luara to have breakout seasons

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

What he did in college means diddly at this point. It's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of environment at this point.

He may end up contributing as much as Chad Jackson....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???:
    If Crable contributes this year..... That would be like putting on an old jacket and finding $100 in the pocket.
    Posted by RealtyPats

I've found a $20 bill in an old blazer, but this analogy is right on.  They can hope he shows something.  He's not costing anything, so unlike Thomas who was just released, why not give him a shot?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36779006/
    THOMAS REALEASED!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If he comes up injured again then that will be the end of the conversation.  If he stays healthy and contributes it's a plus.  And if he does make the squad, then BB has a near complete makeover of the LB position in but a couple of years and the position has gotten younger and more athletic in the process

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

From my understanding the Patriots have eight OLBs right now.

Tully Banta-Cain
    Shawn Crable
    Jermaine Cunningham
    Bruce Davis - Has been on the practice squad.
    Dane Fletcher - Undrafted rookie free agent
    Marques Murrell - 25 and hasn't done much so far. Had 12 tackles last year.
    Rob Ninkovich
    Pierre Woods

I'd say the only guarantees to make the team would be Banta-Cain and Cunningham.

Woods is most likely going to be on the team, but I wouldn't make it a guarantee.

Ninkovich was on the team last year and knows the system. He'll probably make the team as a backup.

So I'd say the only OLBs that are most likely going to make the team is TBC, Cunningham, Woods, and Ninkovich. That's two starters and two backups. I'm sure they'll want another OLB or two for depth as well. I think Crable has a good chance to beat the other guys for a job with a good camp.

As long as he's on the team he always has a chance to make an impact. We'll know by kickoff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone think Crable will ever contribute???:
    From my understanding the Patriots have eight OLBs right now. Tully Banta-Cain Shawn Crable Jermaine Cunningham Bruce Davis - Has been on the practice squad. Dane Fletcher - Undrafted rookie free agent Marques Murrell - 25 and hasn't done much so far. Had 12 tackles last year. Rob Ninkovich Pierre Woods I'd say the only guarantees to make the team would be Banta-Cain and Cunningham. Woods is most likely going to be on the team, but I wouldn't make it a guarantee. Ninkovich was on the team last year and knows the system. He'll probably make the team as a backup. So I'd say the only OLBs that are most likely going to make the team is TBC, Cunningham, Woods, and Ninkovich. That's two starters and two backups. I'm sure they'll want another OLB or two for depth as well. I think Crable has a good chance to beat the other guys for a job with a good camp. As long as he's on the team he always has a chance to make an impact. We'll know by kickoff.
    Posted by magicalhobo

well said. I do think he will make the squad and have an impact, if Belichick didn't believe in him he would be cut like thomas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Hey 49pats I started a thread the other day that Thomas may actually be here as well (after ripping him for months) then BB goes and cuts him today.  I also thought we we're gonna draft 2 stud OLBs.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts