Does anyone think the PI call at the end was BS?????

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Re: Does anyone think the PI call at the end was BS?????

It was clear PI because the defender never made a play on the ball, while initiating contact with the receiver and interfering with his ability to catch the ball.

The DB was beat, never turned for the ball, and was pulling Boyce.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to expertmike's comment:

Here's the rule....

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. 

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to: 

>>>(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch. 

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

>>> (c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass. 

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball. 

so are you defending the call or not?

He is saying NONE of this happening so it shouldn't have been PI.  The defender WAS playing the ball and very little, if any, contact was made until the ball was past the receiver and not catchable.  

I asked him not you.  But since you commented, just answer the question - was it a good call or a bad call?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Yes, I thought it was a correct call. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It didn't look like a blatant PI to me. There was some contact, but they often let that go. But considering the horrid early whistle on the early turnover, the PI penalty was well deserved.

It isn't as if that call necessarily won the game anyway. There was ample time and really if they didn't call that and the Pats scored anyway, the Browns very likely would not have had enough time to mount a FG attempt drive.

I must say also, the run call on the XP by the Pats was stupid stupid stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

It was clear PI because the defender never made a play on the ball, while initiating contact with the receiver and interfering with his ability to catch the ball.

The DB was beat, never turned for the ball, and was pulling Boyce.   

was it ticky tack or obvious?  Was it a call that most would call BS and only fans would defend or was it an obvious call?  Lets not talk by the book, b/c by the book never happens.  A penalty could be called on every play.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It was a bad call.  If it had happened to NE I would have been livid.  At most it was defensive holding.  Certainly not PI.

same here. the officiating in the nfl is worse than ever. too many games are decided by the refs. had this call gone against the patriots i would have been just as upset as meadowland mike and the browns fans. i will take it though as we have seen a couple of games this season that were lost on officials calls .

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

It was a bad call.  If it had happened to NE I would have been livid.  At most it was defensive holding.  Certainly not PI.

same here. the officiating in the nfl is worse than ever. too many games are decided by the refs. had this call gone against the patriots i would have been just as upset as meadowland mike and the browns fans. i will take it though as we have seen a couple of games this season that were lost on officials calls .

You don't have to go to any other games to find justification. Just go back to the ridiculous early whistle that negated a turnover in the first half. That was 10x more terrible than the PI call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It didn't look like a blatant PI to me. There was some contact, but they often let that go. But considering the horrid early whistle on the early turnover, the PI penalty was well deserved.

It isn't as if that call necessarily won the game anyway. There was ample time and really if they didn't call that and the Pats scored anyway, the Browns very likely would not have had enough time to mount a FG attempt drive.

but but but - no make up call BS.  Your comment - "they often let that go" - is enough to know. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

You can't say the call today was a good call if you are going to call the non-call on the Gronk play a bad call.  You can't have it both ways.  The refs were either wrong in both cases or right in both cases.  Saying anything else is just being ignorant and being a homer Patriot fan who can't admit you were given a gift today!

patriots would have won anyways. they were going right through the browns at that point. the bad call just made it easier . good calls bad calls go for and against every single team in the league. anyone who cant admit that is an ignorant homer fan too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

but but but - no make up call BS.  Your comment - "they often let that go" - is enough to know. 

Whatever, liar. I've seen them call the penalty on that much contact and I've seen them let it go. Unlike you, I'm honest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

You don't have to go to any other games to find justification. Just go back to the ridiculous early whistle that negated a turnover in the first half. That was 10x more terrible than the PI call.

true

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

To the rest of the board, is Babe right?  Was a whistle that negated a turnover 10x worse than the PI that gave the pats the game?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

You can't say the call today was a good call if you are going to call the non-call on the Gronk play a bad call.  You can't have it both ways.  The refs were either wrong in both cases or right in both cases.  Saying anything else is just being ignorant and being a homer Patriot fan who can't admit you were given a gift today!

Pats (don't) GetScrewedFinally

We lost two games from end of game calls.Today we had a chance

to win without a Pi call. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"In the history of Patriot football (I think that is 2001 - present)  there has never been a call that has gone for the Pats that was not a good call.  "

It's pathetic the way you stereotype other fans. 

In fact that was a terrible PI call. The Pats were the beneficiaries of a couple of very questionable calls towards the end of that game.I wasn't happy about it, I don't want to win that way. 

That said, there was a different between those calls and a couple we have been railing about from earlier in the year: the other team had a chance to respond and they did. Cleveland could have won that game, their kicker just about pulled it off. 

The worst bad calls are those that end the game - last play of the game or thereabouts. I don't like to see those called on either team. We've had at least one, if not two of those this season. 

Patriots should have never scored to require the Browns to come back.  Don't you understand that loser!  Your comments are ignorant Patriots fan.  Patriots also had a chance to stop the Jets after the refs call and they didn't, so stop your whining loser!!!!

You've got to go on ignore. You're too worthlessly stupid to bear.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You are dumb and ignorant if you say the defender wasn't playing the ball.  That was a make up call by the refs all the way!

A make up call at the end of the game giving the losing team the ball on the one with less than 1 minute to go?  Mario Puzo wouldn't write that for it's obviousness. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts