Does Anyone Understand The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Does Anyone Understand The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement?

I was just curious if anyone understands the CBA, pros and cons for both the Owners versus Players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Does Anyone Understand The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement?

In Response to Does Anyone Understand The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement?:
    I was just curious if anyone understands the CBA, pros and cons for both the Owners versus Players.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I dont think they have one. Do they?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Understand The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement?:
    all you need to know is that the NFL, just like the USA, is constructed to benefit the the owners( or super rich/1% in USA) everyone else are their pawns and no matter how much money they have, it is never enough. They have no regard for player's safetly (concussions, extending the season) because it's all about the cash.
    Posted by grammbo14

Jeez grammbo you are right the owners want to make money but the players are eating away over 60% of the profit right now. By far and away the owners make less off the team then their own businesses so it is part to do with them just enjoying owning the team. And there is a regard for players safety or they wouldn't have invested tons of money into safety equipment, made rules for safety (see what the game is compared to even the 70's), and if they weren't concerned they would extend the season for more profit but extending seasons also causes more injuries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Its a collective bargaining agreement. I'm sure its hundreds of pages long and only a few labor lawyers understand the whole thing but due only to the fact that the NFL payers union has teeth, it represents the interests of both sides. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Does Anyone Understand The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement?:
    All you need to look at is how the NFL treats retired players...once those guys are done making money for the owners, they are left for dead.
    Posted by grammbo14

So it's like real life unless you have a government job? Ohh how bad. I feel for the old tyme players who didn't make much money but that's why they have a union. They pay dues in order to have retirement plans, that's on the union not the employers. Besides now a days these players make more in 1 year then I make in a lifetime yet when I retire my employer won't compensate me either, that's life.

Sections
Shortcuts