Does anyone want Matt Light back after this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Does anyone want Matt Light back after this?

Rob Gronkowski, Shirtless Matt Light Danced Away Their Sorrows After The Super Bowl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Does anyone want Matt Light back after this?

haha 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Truthfully I thought he'd look fatter with his shirt off - other than that he might of been our best and most consistent lineman this season. Yeah I'd take him back and he's signed, so I suppose he'll be back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Light and Mankins seem to struggle in the SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

The important thing is who is the guy on the left and is he british actor or just really really happy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sheeesh, if we knew half the crap that goes on off the field with these pro athletes, we'd probably never turn on another game. That's why I like to be kept in the dark. I can't be disgusted by what I don't know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Light and Mankins seem to struggle in the SB.

Add to that Vollmer looked hurt to me. The guy had no reps and stick him in the SB? There must have been some real underlying stuff going on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Wonder how drunk they were?  I mean, that's the only time I dance, that and some one dragging me out there while kicking and screaming.
    Maybe that's what that is.  Sort of looks like he's kicking and screaming.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

My eyes!!! Oh my eyes!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Does anyone want Matt Light back after this?:
    [QUOTE]Light and Mankins seem to struggle in the SB. Add to that Vollmer looked hurt to me. The guy had no reps and stick him in the SB? There must have been some real underlying stuff going on.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Vollmer.  Hope Waters is back for one more year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Is that Zac Brown ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

An image I could have done without to be sure however, yeah, I want Light back.  He's got at least one more good year left in him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Grogan: Of course I want Light to return, he has been more than adequate covering Bradys backside for 10 years, so what if he's enjoying himself. By golly where I was they had a late band come in and play for 2 hours and the very first tune they played was 'NY NY' and I enjoyed it myself ... i enjoy the trombone, the brass! Take it easy, the Pats gave the game away, is the way I see it! Not Brady, Not Welker, Not Branch, not Nink, not the safety, not Gronk hurt, but the coaching. They failed again! Good riddance O'Brien, OH no Mc Daniels! Long Story! Until they get a bruising RB like Dillon it'll be the same crap, not nailing it down.

Have a good day...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

What's next? Alien autopsies? Three headed cow fetus in a pickle jar.. Lets keep the murdock celebrity news stories on Fox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm more concerned about his $8mil cap hit that his choice to dance shirtless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Considering we can save $5mil on the cap next year by cutting him lose and that would be enough to get a very good S or CB on the FA market I'd let him go. Not because he's got a beer belly bigger then my dads.

Unless Cannon becomes the full time RG I think Vollmer, Solder, Cannon, Thomas are you T's for next year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I thought Light had a great year - should have been in the P/B.  Mankins was bad.  Was the one who basically slipped his blocked and watched as Brady got crunched.  Bad in the game, bad all year.  Bring Light back.  Trade Mankins.

Regarding the partying, better that they party after the game for getting there, then partying before the game for getting there, as did the '85 Pats.  Those guys earned it, even if coming up a few plays short.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I want 1 more year of Light, he played well this year.  Vollmer has been injured.  Solder has had 2 concussions in his rookie year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The only players I want off the offense after that game are Ocho and Ben Jarvus Green Ellis. The offensive line can stay. There were lots of pressures, but as usual it was coverage pressure, usually coming after 4 seconds because no one could get open. 

Ocho is washed, and since Moss declined (before he left) it's been evident NE can't stretch the field. Again, NJ gave them the deep portion of the field, and without a healthy Gronk they can't take it.

BJGE is below average, and does nothing to help the offense. And most importantly he hurts his offensive line, generally taking less than what they've blocked for him. 

They need to replace him if the running game is ever going to be a meaningful component of what they do here. It says volumes that the most dangerous running threats NE had, even in 3TE formations, were a TE and a WR this post-season. That was their "wrinkle" to get over how mediocre this guy is and synthesize a running game. 

So yeah, two things NE needs ... a running game and a deep passing game .... get rid of the dead weight and replace it with comeptent players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]The only players I want off the offense after that game are Ocho and Ben Jarvus Green Ellis. The offensive line can stay. There were lots of pressures, but as usual it was coverage pressure, usually coming after 4 seconds because no one could get open.  Ocho is washed, and since Moss declined (before he left) it's been evident NE can't stretch the field. Again, NJ gave them the deep portion of the field, and without a healthy Gronk they can't take it. BJGE is below average, and does nothing to help the offense. And most importantly he hurts his offensive line, generally taking less than what they've blocked for him.  They need to replace him if the running game is ever going to be a meaningful component of what they do here. It says volumes that the most dangerous running threats NE had, even in 3TE formations, were a TE and a WR this post-season. That was their "wrinkle" to get over how mediocre this guy is and synthesize a running game.  So yeah, two things NE needs ... a running game and a deep passing game .... get rid of the dead weight and replace it with comeptent players.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
     I just don't think that the aging Branch and Faulk would add much to next year's team and I'd unload them as well. Woodhead was very mediocre running back kickoffs and I'd look for a replacement for him as well. Maybe Ridley will help there but he looked lousy returning kicks and fumbled the ball a couple of times late in the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Light did have a good year. I'm not suprised that Vollmer didn't have a big impact during SB since he had zero reps at game speed. can't remember, wasn't cannon left of SB roster? I thought his young, healthy, fresh legs might have helped the run game along w/ Solder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How many of you were expecting the Patriots players to run and hide after this game and cover themselves with ashes and get whipped?  Seems many think the players should have the same attitude as some fans - IE - the world has ended!  Well it didn't.. their season ended.. they were attending a party planned for them.  This team made it farther than most predicted.. they can vent this way.  If we saw the very same pictures and the Pats had won, we wouldn't have said a word!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]The only players I want off the offense after that game are Ocho and Ben Jarvus Green Ellis. The offensive line can stay. There were lots of pressures, but as usual it was coverage pressure, usually coming after 4 seconds because no one could get open.  Ocho is washed, and since Moss declined (before he left) it's been evident NE can't stretch the field. Again, NJ gave them the deep portion of the field, and without a healthy Gronk they can't take it. BJGE is below average, and does nothing to help the offense. And most importantly he hurts his offensive line, generally taking less than what they've blocked for him.  They need to replace him if the running game is ever going to be a meaningful component of what they do here. It says volumes that the most dangerous running threats NE had, even in 3TE formations, were a TE and a WR this post-season. That was their "wrinkle" to get over how mediocre this guy is and synthesize a running game.  So yeah, two things NE needs ... a running game and a deep passing game .... get rid of the dead weight and replace it with comeptent players.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

We agree on Ocho.  Maybe they can trade him because he is low-cost, high-potential at this point.  He is just in the wrong offense.  He still gets separation.

As for Green-Ellils, how wrong could you be?  

1) Only, 3.7 avg., but running a majority of the season with a turf-toe injury.  A lot of backs would be gone for the season.  He ran behind a super-disrupted line all season.  Has the Pats o-line ever been more injured than this season? Ever?

2) 4.4 avg. the previous two seasons.  3.7 his rookie year. I suspect he is capable of 4.4 again.

3) 4.0 avg. for his career, despite being used sparingly, not allowed to find a rythm, and is their primary short-yardage-situation back.  If you are running on first-and-goal at the one, you can only get one.  If you are running on 3rd-and-one at their 40, you only really need to get one, but you definitely can't fumble on the run.  He has been used in those two situations heavily for the past two seasons.

4) Does a decent job of chipping.

5) No career fumbles.  That is huge.  

6) While he landed a dud in the divisional game, he was very effective in the AFCC and SB this post-season.  Why they did not run him (and Woodhead) more often is deeply puzzling, especially when they were nursing a 9-point lead late in the SB.  Had they run him and Woodhead more then, we would be posting on threads about how great a coaching job BB did and comparing Brady favorably to Montana as co-GOATs.  Which also proves I was right about the importance of them running more when it made sense.  Time to admit you've been wrong about that, Z.  Everybody could see it.  EVERYBODY.

Branch needs to go.  IMO, it was not Welker who dropped the key pass.  That was almost impossible to catch.  Branch dropped a perfect pass with which he likely would have scored.  As Cris Carter says, "Branch disappears."  He 8is not getting separation and he is dropping fine passes.

Trade Mankins while he still has great value and try to get a superior edge rusher.  He had a bad year in many ways, and as I posted here previously, he meekly surrendered the massive hit Brady took that so disrupted Brady's game in the SB.  Coming off a Pro-Bowl, he still has cache'.  Definitely over-rated.  Draft a replacement in the second, third or fourth round. Mankins was getting beat and making stupid penalties.  And he is dirty.  I think I am of the opinion after these past two years that I just don't like this guy as a player or a person.

Faulk needs to go.  Maybe become a coach.  I was hoping for him, but it was not meant to be. 

Surprised Underwood is already back.  He made no plays this year.  Maybe they think McD and Brady can work with him to make him a play-maker.  We'll see.

I think we all know who McDaniels will bring to N.E. for WR, and I think it is a fantastic move that will solve a serious problem on the offense. 

Other than those points, I don't see the O needing wholesale changes.  The D needs a passrusher and another good corner is Dowling is proves to be Mr. Glass.  I like Moore.  Not much on paper for a pedigree, yet get him into a game and he makes plays. McC got better late in the season.  I think regular pre-season will help.  And they need to gut Guyton and replace him.  One more good safety on the roster and I think you have a really good D there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The SB is over, that party is over but Matt Light's Patriot career will continue.  Matt played well this year. 

The offensive line was not an isue in general.  These guys are asked to do too much pass protection and too little run blocking, which is where offensive linemen attack, right?.  The constant pass protection mode in the face of the Giant's pass rushers is what gives the impression that Light and Mankins stuggled.  I think they would rather hit somebody than have someone hit them.  The offense is what it is, for now.