Does Brady break the record next season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Does Brady break the record next season?

I hope so, just so Brees doesn't have it. The only reason he has it, is becuase last year, while his team was getting blown out by the freaking Rams...he threw a TD pass while down by multiple TDs with 6 seconds left in the game...risking injury to every player on his offense so he could keep his streak going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brees IS the biggest stats ho in the game. Can't stand that $3 bill. 90% chance Brady breaks it. Tom's problem compared to Brees is that neither he nor BB will overtly go for the passing TD in a near passing TD shutout situation just to preserve the streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Reading everyone's comments, I had no idea Brees was such a hole surrounded by aZZ. I knew the guy held a grudge against his mother and wouldn't talk to her leading all the way up to her death. And of course he was a bit of a ball buster during his negotiations with the Saints this offseason...plus he is in that boy band commercial (that's saying something). But the stats thing? I had no idea.

I really don't care if Brady gets the record, to me he is the best QB of all time and will be regarded as such if he can win one more Super Bowl. All that he needs is a defense that can get off the field against good teams in the playoffs - not a defense that needs acts of God to make receivers drop catchable balls in the endzone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The 49ers will make that streak tough, so will the Texans. 

I disagree Houston has given up a ton of points since losing Cushing and other D players and SF is good against the run but you can pass on them

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I think TB12 will break the record for one reason; Bill Belichick. As much as BB likes to say stats are for losers, he is keenly aware of certain stats and there place in history. An example of this would be last year when he put Gronk back in a game to let Hoyer throw him that 22 yarder to pass Jimmy Graham for most recieving yards by a TE in NFL History. Here is an excerp from the article that broke it all down, read the whole article here:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/02/gronkowski_sets_record_for_tight_end_receiving_yardage/

Taking possession with a 28-point lead and just 90 seconds to play, the only thing between the Patriots and their eighth straight win - plus the AFC’s No. 1 playoff seed - were a few kneel-downs from the victory formation.

But Jimmy Graham, playing in a game more than 1,000 miles away in New Orleans for the Saints, forced the Patriots to call an audible.

In a real-time, new-age version of scoreboard watching, a late 14-yard completion to Graham put the Saints’ tight end 5 yards ahead of Rob Gronkowski for receiving yards on the season. Knowing this, the Patriots opted to give Gronkowski one final chance to reclaim the NFL record for receiving yards by a tight end in a season.

Instead of having backup quarterback Brian Hoyer take a few knees to end the game, the Patriots chose to run a first-down pass play for Gronkowski. One final throw, one final catch, and 22 yards later, Gronkowski had the mark, ending a back-and-forth battle that played out on two fields.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I think TB12 will break the record for one reason; Bill Belichick. As much as BB likes to say stats are for losers, he is keenly aware of certain stats and there place in history. An example of this would be last year when he put Gronk back in a game to let Hoyer throw him that 22 yarder to pass Jimmy Graham for most recieving yards by a TE in NFL History. Here is an excerp from the article that broke it all down, read the whole article here:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/02/gronkowski_sets_record_for_tight_end_receiving_yardage/

Taking possession with a 28-point lead and just 90 seconds to play, the only thing between the Patriots and their eighth straight win - plus the AFC’s No. 1 playoff seed - were a few kneel-downs from the victory formation.

But Jimmy Graham, playing in a game more than 1,000 miles away in New Orleans for the Saints, forced the Patriots to call an audible.

In a real-time, new-age version of scoreboard watching, a late 14-yard completion to Graham put the Saints’ tight end 5 yards ahead of Rob Gronkowski for receiving yards on the season. Knowing this, the Patriots opted to give Gronkowski one final chance to reclaim the NFL record for receiving yards by a tight end in a season.

Instead of having backup quarterback Brian Hoyer take a few knees to end the game, the Patriots chose to run a first-down pass play for Gronkowski. One final throw, one final catch, and 22 yards later, Gronkowski had the mark, ending a back-and-forth battle that played out on two fields.

That was kind of awesome tho................

Sections
Shortcuts