Does Brady have Audible authority?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Does Brady have Audible authority?

Alot of people are calling out the OC.  Maybe the game plan was bad, but I would think Brady has the authority to put the offense in the right play. 

For a QB of his caliber it would be strange if he did not have this authority. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

Re: Does Brady have Audible authority?

actually Brady and P. Manning are known for their complex audibles at the line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

So then why is everyone blaming the OC?  Ultimately, Brady has got to put the offense in the right play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority?:
    [QUOTE]So then why is everyone blaming the OC?  Ultimately, Brady has got to put the offense in the right play.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I'm prolly wrong, but we don't have an OC right now.  I think the QB coach is callin the plays. Yes, Brady does change up a little - but he looked confused out there yesterday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Maybe, he needs a simpler audible...Way too much arm waving and finger pointing by Brrady yesterday.  He would have been better off to go with a quick hit than let the play clock run down to 0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Brady does call the audibles....but apparently O'Connell knew more about the Pats O than he led on.....

Brady did not look confused....he just looked like he and the WR's were not there yet....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

So if Brady has audible authority, and this is the same offense he's been running for years, then why is the OC getting the blame that so many are placing on him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

90% of the time you think they are 'audibling' they aren't changing plays in NE. They are adjusting protection and changing the routes based on who is coming on the blitz.

Indy is different. They literally change the play at the LOS. The play book is smaller, but they basically run a 2 minute drill most of the time. That is how NE does it in the 2 minute as well.

To answer that question, yes, he can change the play. No, most of the time they are changing protection. And yes, he was rusty, but not so bad that they should have failed. That falls on POOR EXECUTION. No one was catching the ball. He wasn't tremendously accurate. And the blockers got beaten at the POA.

And event hough he and Manning can change the play, you can't change every single play of the game. In other words, if the coaches draw up a bogus game plan, you are messed up anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

that was a very good answer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The word on Manning is that he is given 2-3 plays for every down even when players huddle.  I do understand the pointing out the mike and for the benefit of offensive recognition of protection schemes, but I would have thought Brady would have more authority to change a play if he sees something from the defense that he does not like.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]So if Brady has audible authority, and this is the same offense he's been running for years, then why is the OC getting the blame that so many are placing on him?

I am not sure it is the Audibles that is the problem......if you watched the game, you would have noticed that brady had problems on executing the plays, either it was a QB-WR timing issue, or a delay of game or the WR's dropping the ball, or the line falling apart......

The OC is not the problem and neither are the audibles.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]The word on Manning is that he is given 2-3 plays for every down even when players huddle.  I do understand the pointing out the mike and for the benefit of offensive recognition of protection schemes, but I would have thought Brady would have more authority to change a play if he sees something from the defense that he does not like.

He does, but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Egypt?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : He does, but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Egypt?
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

denial is not a river in egypt - where you might buy thosse eggs.

Tom's got to get them in the right play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

M1020
    "He does, but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Egypt?"

M, Udogg is too chicken to tell us what he is really thinking. He's trying to imply that Manning is the better QB since he audibles his way out of trouble....(just like the 20-3 losses in NE....LOL)

udogg, stop trying to be "subtle".  Your veiled question is only taken seriously by someone who hasn't read  a lot of your posts....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : denial is not a river in egypt - where you might buy thosse eggs. Tom's got to get them in the right play.

What?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]M1020 "He does, but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Egypt?" M, Udogg is too chicken to tell us what he is really thinking. He's trying to imply that Manning is the better QB since he audibles his way out of trouble....(just like the 20-3 losses in NE....LOL) udogg, stop trying to be "subtle".  Your veiled question is only taken seriously by someone who hasn't read  a lot of your posts....
    Posted by LifeTimePat[/QUOTE]

I realize he is trying to go that route but has no legs to stand on......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Lifetimepat - maybe you have a point.  I hadn't thought of that. 

Should we discuss the brady manning question?  Peter King wrote today that Manning was better than Brady.  So did a sporting news panel that included a couple dozen hall of famers. 

I was just asking a question, because everyone is throwing the OC under the bus, but you bring up a good point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Lifetimepat - maybe you have a point.  I hadn't thought of that.  Should we discuss the brady manning question?  Peter King wrote today that Manning was better than Brady.  So did a sporting news panel that included a couple dozen hall of famers.  I was just asking a question, because everyone is throwing the OC under the bus, but you bring up a good point.

I notice that you don't like certain answers so you keep asking the same dumb question.....Why?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : I realize he is trying to go that route but has no legs to stand on......
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

Udogg is an indy homer.....he's still hung up on why Brady "blew off" Kolber last monday....

he puts Brady down for not changing the play but doesn't seem recall all the bone-headed audibles that Peyton screwed up on. Aside from the 20 - 3 games, he "audibled" his way into multpile picks against San Diego two years in a row.... cost his team 2 play off games

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Doesn't anybody here want to consider the possibility that Brady looked confused because Rex Ryan and the Jets have a very good defense?

They have over 100 possible schemes that Brady has to figure out each play.

Probably the next time they face each other, he'll look much better.

I recall another pretty good DC from the NY area making him look confused in the Super Bowl a couple years ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

[QUOTE]Lifetimepat - maybe you have a point.  I hadn't thought of that.  Should we discuss the brady manning question?  Peter King wrote today that Manning was better than Brady.  So did a sporting news panel that included a couple dozen hall of famers.  I was just asking a question, because everyone is throwing the OC under the bus, but you bring up a good point.

Dogg: At this point, Manning is better than Brady. But he ain't getting another ring.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : Dogg: At this point, Manning is better than Brady. But he ain't getting another ring.  
    Posted by Fargo[/QUOTE]

Fargo, I wouldn't even concede this point.  HOW is Manning better... I didn't see a stellar performance against the Jags last week.... he even through an endzone pick....and that's against the JAGS defense.... run of the mill, scare nobody vanilla D.

And so what if Lord Peter King bequeathed the title of "better" QB to Manning.  That has everything in the world to do with all the sponsership money and ads Peyton is in....

Seriously, what has Peyton showed us in 2009 that's better than Brady?

Udogg.... NO, I don't want a rehash of who is better.... I'm just pointing out that your "audible" post lacks ANY substance...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : Udogg is an indy homer.....he's still hung up on why Brady "blew off" Kolber last monday.... he puts Brady down for not changing the play but doesn't seem recall all the bone-headed audibles that Peyton screwed up on. Aside from the 20 - 3 games, he "audibled" his way into multpile picks against San Diego two years in a row.... cost his team 2 play off games
    Sure I do, and when I don't, I have guys like you to remind me. 

But you should get your facts straight.  Manning threw no picks last year against SD, but did throw 2 picks in 07.  One was the last play of the half on a hail mary.  The other was a screen to kenton keith that was at his facemask and in his hands, but stonehands couldn't catch it.  You do have to expect your receivers/backs to catch balls that are just above chest high and in their hands. 

While these two really don't qualify, there are plenty of others that do, even some against the pats. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : Dogg: At this point, Manning is better than Brady. But he ain't getting another ring.  
    Posted by Fargo[/QUOTE]
     maybe not, maybe not. 

As I mentioned in another thread, Pats and Colts fans alike may need to start having different expectations.  But I will also say this, neither Manning nor Brady are done by any means.  Not if Favre and Warner can still have the days they had.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Brady have Audible authority? : Fargo, I wouldn't even concede this point.  HOW is Manning better... I didn't see a stellar performance against the Jags last week.... he even through an endzone pick....and that's against the JAGS defense.... run of the mill, scare nobody vanilla D. And so what if Lord Peter King bequeathed the title of "better" QB to Manning.  That has everything in the world to do with all the sponsership money and ads Peyton is in.... Seriously, what has Peyton showed us in 2009 that's better than Brady? Udogg.... NO, I don't want a rehash of who is better.... I'm just pointing out that your "audible" post lacks ANY substance...

And I disagree. 

Manning and Brady are the 2 best QB's in the NFL.  And if we are going to place their teams' success or failure squarely on them (this is more a pats thing than me.  I actually believe there is much more to a team than the QB), then they better be able to put their team in the right play.  Won't work all the time.  Sometimes the D does a better job.  But more times then not, they need to be doing this. 

In my opinion, and I have said this multiple times today.  Brady is still developing confidence in his knee.  He can make every throw as evidenced by his 2 tds in the buffalo game, but there was no pressure on those throws so no confidence concerns. 

However with pressure, he needs to be confident enough to not worry about getting hit and step into those throws (when pressured).  He will be fine in a couple of weeks, just like Manning was, but it does take time. 

I've had both of my ACL's reconstructed, lack of confidence to play anything after the surgeries is common.

Sections
Shortcuts