Does Brady retire a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Does Brady retire a Patriot?

I think he will but would like to know what everyone else thinks and why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Does Brady retire a Patriot?

Yeah, probably. My guess is he'll be around for three or 4 more years and we will never see media coverage of Brady-watch like you see Favre-watch when he finally decides  to retire. He'll bow out gracefully and spend more time with his wife and children. Tom has always been very candid about there being more to life than football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I cannot imagine a scenario in which Brady does not retire as a career New England Patriot. He's the face of the dynasty. He's never looked for retarded money and has even less reason to do so now. He appears to be striking a balance between his professional and personal life that some players never do and it would be a public relations disaster of epic proportions if Kraft were to let Brady get away (or give him a reason to want to go away).

Unless the Pats implode on a grand scale and plummet to the bottom of the league in the next couple years, I would never expect to see Brady in any other uniform.

And, please, God . . .   do not let him ever do Saturday Night Live again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Brady who, are you talking about Brady Anderson?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Yes I believe Brady will retire a Patriot. They'll sign him to a 5+ year deal, and he'll play for us for about 5 years of that contract. Expect to see Brady helping the Pats win a couple more Super Bowls before his career is done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from progers1013. Show progers1013's posts

I personally want to see more SNLs with TB for 2 reasons:

1. He won another super bowl
    2. He looks way hot in tighty whities.

TB will retire a Patriot hands down - in about 5 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Does Brady retire a Patriot?:
    Posted by dshort3333

I think he will, but that the way it happens might not be the way we'd like. My guess is that eventually he will be traded away or released. He'll play for another team, but that after he actually retires, the NE Patriots will sign him to a one day contract and retire him as a Patriot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Since the owner of the Pats, Robert Kraft, seems to want to offer Brady a long-term contract, I would say it's a done deal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It will depend on how he handles the day when his skills are in decline and someone else on the roster is better.  Does he gracefully retire?  Does he accept a backup role?  Does he force the team to cut him?  We don't know when that day will come, but it will come.

My fears with Brady have less to do with diminishing skill however, and more to do with his health.  I hope his last 2 years of injuries are not a sign of things to come.  His injuries definitely effected his play at times last year.  Give the man A+ credit for playing through his injuries, but if he suddenly becomes injury prone, he will not make it anywhere close to playing until age 40 as we wishes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Brady will retire a Patriot. He is Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, John Havlicek, Carl Yastrzemski.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If I were the Patriots I wouldn't let him get to Free Agency. San Fran needs a QB, Brady wants to spend more time with his family, Brady loves the 49ers. 

Kraft needs to sign him, fast!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: Does Brady retire a Patriot?:
    If I were the Patriots I wouldn't let him get to Free Agency. San Fran needs a QB, Brady wants to spend more time with his family, Brady loves the 49ers.  Kraft needs to sign him, fast!
    Posted by 49Pa triots

Wow, ignorance abounds

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

He'll retire a Patriot, but not under circumstances anyone here will be happy with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Brady will retire a Patriot. He is Larry Bird, Bobby Orr, John Havlicek, Carl Yastrzemski.
    Posted by BigPapi61

You might want to leave out Orr, that was a messy bit of Boston sports history. Fans wished it turned out different.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

at this point i see that happening and i also think moss gets resigned

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's going to be 33 this season,with that number as a basis he will retire somewhere's in the next 5 years. Also I can't even invision a scenario in which he retires with another team. Although its true that as a boy growing up in the bay area he was a 49er fan,chances are he'll play his entire career in New England.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

As long as Brady gets resigned and acts like Teddy Bruschi, he will retire as a lifelong Pat. If somehow he wants to keep playing, the Patriots have his heir apparent, and some team offers a first round pick when he is 39 or 40, the Pats might go for it.

Even Joe Namath (Rams) and Johnny U (Chargers) played for a year with other teams at the end of their careers, but I doubt Brady would feel the need to hang on after his skills begin to erode. Joe Montana left the Niners and played well for the Chiefs but he was forced out by another HOF QB Young. He played two years with the Chiefs and played well. He went out on top.

Since the money is better these days, it is easier to go out on top. Today's stars don't have to work after they retire from football unless they want to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

This game is vicious. It is about performance, $ and TV ratings, not sentimentality and relationships. In the best world Kraft, BB and TB find a way to work it out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Many things will influence this not the least of which is does Tom really want to play till he is 40?  I think he'll sign a 4 maybe 5 year deal with Patriots which at best gets him to 38. Now since the knee injury I haven't heard him say he still wants to play till he is 40. If he does then I say not very likely because I suspect the Patriots will move on after this contract unless he wants to stay around for the final two years as a backup mentoring a youngster. We'll have him for his productive years with a shot at likely two more championships before he retires. He might do the Joe Montana deal and go play for a team like Seattle? to get to the West Coast for those final two years. But that obviously depends on his skill set and if He will even want to play for another team. He is one of those rare players that I think wants to be able to say he has played for just one team his whole career. Two more Championships and he would be hands down no more questions the best QB ever and to do it with just one team would cement that for a long time if not for ever.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jpereira. Show Jpereira's posts

It's a business and at a certain time, Brady, although a model of the BB team ethic, will not strike the right balance between talent and cost.  The only question is: at that time will Tom still have the drive to stat over elsewhere.  Remember, Joe Montana finished off his career with the Chiefs.  If I had to quess, I'd say he retires.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Posted by dshort3333

nope!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Put it this way, Joe Montana moved on from the 49ers?
    why should brady be different?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Brady WINS Super Bowl XLV, I say, YEAH, he will retire a Patriot!
    He Doesn't win Super Bowl XLV or does not get to the AFC title game,
    I say Bekichick will draft Jake Locker, franchise tag Brady and the rest will be history. Brady moves back to the west coast signs with the 49ers to be closer to his boy in LA.
    49ers cut ties with Alex Smith, Brady makes it back to Super Bowl (Super Bowl XLVII) as a 49er and that 49er team is  tough defensively and that 49er offensive
    line will protect Brady, Crabtree will be Brady's go to guy and break Moss's
    season TD record. Super Bowl XLVII Patriots vs. 49ers

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

This next contract will answer a lot of questions about Bradys future. The length of the deal will speak to what the Patriots see as his expected durability. Will it be a three year deal, that means the end is coming soon, or a five year deal, that says this is his last contract. How is it structured is the money front loaded or backloaded? This would say Brady is thinking he might need to bail before the contract ends if a another major injury forces him to retire.

Favres never ending career has added a twist to things. The last thing the Patriots want is to see Brady retire and then un-retire reappearing as possibly a Jet or Dolphin. Although it seems that Brady approaches the game as a job, and not the meaning to his very existence (like Favre) that is something that needs to be adressed. 

The worst part of all this is that someday Tom Brady will retire.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by BigPapi61

Agree w/ you in regards to HOF caliber players retiring w/ original team. Not sure, but I think Bobby Orr played for the chicago blackhawks for a year or two after Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts