Does Brady retire a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Does Brady retire a Patriot?

It depends on how long he wants to play. The second his skills start to diminish and Belichick feels like he can get better at that position, he will cut or trade him.

Belichick does not believe in loyalty. If he could force a legend like Troy Brown into retirement, then Tom Brady is no safer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

YES he retires a Patriot.  Tom Brady is a class act and I don't think he would want to play for anyone else.  When that times comes for him, he'll know exactly when it should be.  (hopefully, of course with some more Jewerly!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I would love to see him retire a Patriot, but I expected like Montana, that might not happen....

If Tom gets injured and he is Bradyed out of a position (not likely to happen), do the Pats do a Bledsloe and trade him (but it did happnen before!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

four more years with the pats (2 more rings). at some point, it will be time for the pats to transition to the qb of the post-brady era. either he retires or he decides to pull a farve and play somewhere else. on the latter, he will come back to ne to play third qb and then retire.

how about this? what if bb retires when brady retires? man, i don;t know if i can take that day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

"how about this? what if bb retires when brady retires? man, i don;t know if i can take that day." I guess the Mayans may have got it right, that might be the end times. We have enjoyed over the past decade some great success. I only wished my grandpa and my dad lived to see 3 Patriot titles, 2 Sox titles, and a Celtic title. Boston is truely title town, with most deserving fans. . Hey!.. I JUST NOTICED... it' s been 2 years to the day since boston.com stole 1500 of my silly posts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Brady is not going anywhere.  He'll win one or two more rings, play 4 more years and hang it up.  Why would he go to another team for a year or two when he can go sit on the beach with Giselle? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Who knows. Pretty much everyone figured Brett Favre would retire a Packer and look what happened to him. So far he has retired 3 times as a Packer, once as a Jet and I would imagine he'll retire a couple more times as a Viking before he moves on to his next team. I'd like to say yes but Brady is going to have to take less and less money as the years go by which is not beyond the realm of possibility.All that being said I think he will. Brady doesn't strike me as the Brett Favre type of player that is going to cling to his career like a castaway hanging on to a palm tree in a hurricane. He has a life that he enjoys outside of football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: Does Brady retire a Patriot?:
    No he won't. 1. Pats won't pay Brady $18m a year 2. Brady won't take less than Philip Rivers or Eli Manning 3. Some other team will pay Brady $18m a year. Q.E.D.
    Posted by murghkhor

Wrong! How many yatchs can you water ski behind? Brady and his wife have more money than anyone could spend in a lifetime. Brady will get a sweet paycheck, but we have already seen the class of Tom Brady. It's not about the money. He doesn't need Manning money to rule the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The football club can exercise an extra year's hold on Brady, through the 2011 season. 

I would predict a Vince Wilfork-style scenario.  The Pats ran out Wilfork's contract.  Then they franchised him for a year.  Then they came through with a big contract on the very first day of a new, uncapped year.

With Brady, first the Krafts want to know two things:  because the NFL stands for Not For Long, they want to know if Tom Brady is healthy at the end of 2010.  Second, they want to know if the union-busting lockout is coming, or if the union has signed a new contract.  If the union contract has advantageous terms, they sign Brady the day after the contract takes effect.  If the contract doesn't have advantageous terms, they sign the day before it takes effect.  If there's a lockout, the Patriots don't sign and don't pay Brady any signing bonus either during the lockout (!), but they still retain Brady's rights within the NFL system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

If Vegas was laying odds it would probably be at about even money, but I would still bet it at 1:2. 

Brady will stay a Patriot.

It's not about the money.  Brady could have as many endorsements as he would like and easily make more than his football salary.  But unlike Seyton he values other things more than money.  No doubt he wants to be paid amongst the top QB's, which would only be fair, but he doesn't want it to come at the expense of a competitive team.  Winning is all important to our guy.

I'm thinking of John Elway who I believe agreed to play his final two years at the league minimum so that the Broncos could use the money to sign players.  he was probably making $25M /year in Denver area endorsements anyway.  The result, two championships in his final two years. 

Rest easy Patriots Nation.  The Krafts know they have a once-in-a-lifetime guy.  TB will receive a contract he can live with, if the committment to building another SB champion is there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sure