Does Collins remind you of anyone...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Does Collins remind you of anyone...

Some interesting comparisons on here...Slade, Colving, Von Miller. I know people are going to laugh their brains out when I say this, but he kind of reminds me of Lawrence Taylor when he is running for the tackle...same long arms stretched out wide like he is going in for the kill...the speed...balance, etc. Like a lion closing in on his prey. Of course being a second round pick he has a better chance of turning into Jermaine Cunningham than Lawrence, but I can dream.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Some interesting comparisons on here...Slade, Colving, Von Miller. I know people are going to laugh their brains out when I say this, but he kind of reminds me of Lawrence Taylor when he is running for the tackle...same long arms stretched out wide like he is going in for the kill...the speed...balance, etc. Like a lion closing in on his prey. Of course being a second round pick he has a better chance of turning into Jermaine Cunningham than Lawrence, but I can dream.

From a physical perspective, you aren't crazy.

But then Colvin was picked up by BB. Length and speed is a characteristic BB certainly looks for in an exterior front 4/5 guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think he reminds me a little of Don Blackmon and a little of Andre Tippett,he's not really a DE in the classic mold of Willie McGinnest but more of a younger Willie where he played OLB. He could be the next JPP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he could also be a yugo.....lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I think he reminds me a little of Don Blackmon and a little of Andre Tippett,he's not really a DE in the classic mold of Willie McGinnest but more of a younger Willie where he played OLB. He could be the next JPP.

If he is another Blackmon  i would be more than satisfied. I think we would have had another competitive run  after the Bears super bowl if he wasnt injured the following year. 

exhibition game????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

also his safety experience is interesting. it seems everybody will now be  trying to copycat the Pats 2 TE set.

hence the need for the nickel safety. But Collins could do that from existing d-set.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No, Collins doesn't remind me of anyone, and that's what's unique about him. 

He can drop back into coverage and then tip or intercept passes that sail miles over his head toward a deep receiver.  What 250 pound guy does that? 

If Collins gets more weight room strength to stand his ground on running plays, and if he learns a couple of pass-rush moves, he's going to be an offensive coordinator's headache.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mark Anderson #93 DE. Buffalo Bills | Official Team Site. Height: 6-4 Weight: 255 

When he was drafted - I thought about Anderson... who had a great rookie season may I remind you guys......   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i've been thinking a litle more about this one. i dont see the willie mac comparisons at all. mcginest was considerably bigger, and was really a pure defensive end (although he was a good LB too). if anyone, maybe chandler jones develops into that sort of player if he bulks up. but the guy that collins reminds me of (and of course this is sight unseen for all of us) is..collins. todd collins, the LB from the 90's Parcells era teams. he was a similar size, really good speed and athleticism, and played inside and outside LB. and i always felt he was a very underrated player in those days. he was really good in coverage, a decent pass rusher (although that wasnt his position for the most part), and a decent run defender. jamie is probably more explosive and will probably have more chances to attack the backfield, but i see some similarities there in terms of former Pats players.

Sections
Shortcuts