Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...

.... "Maybe he'll drop it this time!!!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...

Yeah, but he never does. What a stupid, dumb luck play. We might not ever see the like of it again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Actually, I guess I'm more like, "Drop that  #%@$ ball you #%$*&!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...": [QUOTE]Actually, I guess I'm more like, "Drop that  #%@$ ball you #%$*&!" Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE] LOL...my thought is why, oh why couldn't Rodney have just reached his hand up there and bumped that ball on the way down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I can't watch that crap...ever.  The thought of it just turns my stomach...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i still cant believe rodney couldnt knock that ball out, and they couldnt wrap up eli when he was very close to going down....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

there was blatent holding

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...": [QUOTE]i still cant believe rodney couldnt knock that ball out, and they couldnt wrap up eli when he was very close to going down.... Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE] This Also I'm not sure what ticks me off more , that play or the SS dropped int. I'm pretty sure he was suppose to cover Tyree on the helmet catch as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think Asante was supposed to cover him, but screwed up...Rodney had to try and clean it up, but it was what it was.  If they had that play 1 million times, I doubt we'd see what we did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

and yes there was blatant holding, but not surprised the refs wouldnt blow the whistle...espescially seeing how many times the ravens got away with blatant holding on sunday...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

no, but i keep seeing asante and thinking he'll catch it this time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I keep thinking Mike Carey will blow the whistle just once on seeing the stop of forward progression and the holds, but each time he is looking with his eyes closed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

The holding ticks me off, but I think the clock being stopped for no reason, and the Giants not having to call a time-out prior to the Tyree catch ticks me off even more.  The announcers are even questioning why the clock was stopped.  Eli would never have been throwing to the middle of the field had they had to use their time-outs.  Just so many things went wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Yeah, it's kind of fun/sad to lQQk back and review things. Spot on good comments here. But, give Tyree credit because it really was a great catch when you consider how focused Tyree was and the only way he could have caught it was against his helmut and he held on. Giants holding/pulling surely would have been called on the Pats on that play if reversed. Manning just threw it up and he was lucky thats all.

The other things like Samuels 'botched' Interception is what all teams practice with the DBs ....passes a little high with zip, nine of ten he makes that catch.
    The other thing is right before the half Belichick somehow did'nt trust Ghost to make that 52 yard FG which I thought he would have made indoors.

History is a wonderful subject matter, even with Football.

Have a good night...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

The Sean O'Hara facemask on Seymour, & pulling him off of Eli is just so blatant that it's mind boggling it wasn't called. It's also interesting how ESPN cropped the action arund Eli so that you couldn't see it on their replays, all the while their studio clowns ask "How'd he get away?". They finally showed the uncropped version after a few seasons went by. The video evidence is there for everyone to see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

i still can't bare myself to watch any highlight or even dare look at such photos from super bowl xlii. still pains me. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Rodney has stated that his job was to hold the guy up, and that Asante was then supposed to deliver the hit, and didn't.  That's what it looks like also.  That play had soooo many bad elements, but for me, the obvious and ignored holding was the worst.  They guy's jersey is stretched 2 feet back from his body, WHAT IS HARD TO SEE??????  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Let me guess, Tyree is gonna be invited to the SB and they will trot him out for the coin toss.....Scumbags!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Does everyone look at the David Tyree highlight and say to themselves...:
    [QUOTE]there was blatent holding
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Richard Seymour must have been choking on something because that Gi Aints O-lineman had him in the Heimlich Maneuver! Jarvis Green was the victim of an illegal block to the back. The refs obviously did not see both fouls because they were too busy discussing how good of a game it was amongst themselves and possibly Roger Goodell!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

I usually try to avoid it, but a few times I've looked at it, and I try to find every way possible to prove that he didn't catch it, that it should have been reviewed in super slow mo.  What an impossible way to win a football game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

They had Manning in the grasp. I thought they were going to sack him and then....... They had him they had him, they had him. Could they have been blown a whistle, in the grasp?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I can't watch it. My boss was a Giants fan, and he had a giant poster made of Tyree with the ball on his head and hung it in his office so that I could be reminded of it every, single GD day too... 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts