Does Everyone Now See Why?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Does Everyone Now See Why?

Kinda weird to bring this up before a single penny of the precious non-spent under-the-cap money has been spent on Vince's replacement, no? 

Or you just like the fact that it lies there, a testament to Belichick's other wordly genius, whether it is actually used for some purpose or not? 

I'll be shocked and happily surprised if much of that money at all is used for this purpose....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

TEN MIL/PER.   His dead money next year will be 11.5 mil.  Maybe BB can beg the NFL to give them back cap room like with A A Ron.

Wilfork's contract was 40 for 5.  That is 8 per.  When did you get your medical degree since you seem to be so confident that Vince won't play next year?  Of course this is the guy that thought the Jets signing Sione "chronic bad back" Pouha to 5 million per was a steal because he was better than Wilfork.  You are an idiot of epic proportions.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I mean, Vince goes down and now we need to either promote a player from the PS or make a signing or trade.

If you spend to the cap, to the penny, within a million bucks or less for example, the GM cannot have any leverage in this area.

It's high time the belligerents on this board come forward, admit how ignorant they are on these topics, and admit they're beyond childish with it, refusing to learn from others who get it.

Troll. Napolean complex Much?! your last sentence always destroy your posts. Your like a petulant child. Begging for attention. Good points up until the 10 year old in you came out and called people belligerent and ignorant. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We should of used some of that cap space when we had a chance to really upgrade the defensive tackle position, instead we rode Vince like a taxi cab because we had nothing else. The guy limped out there to play last night (like he has been for the past four years) and this time he got carted off. Game over. There were 20 different defensive takles we could of signed the last three off seasons and we ended up signing Fenene, Shaun Ellis, and Albert Haynesworth. And to top it all off we drafted Ron Freaken Brace.

Thank God we signed the 33 year old Kelly (who was limping off the field last night too). I'm sure he is now realizing he is going to be our new taxi cab.

And if you want to talk salary cap space, value and smart decisions...how do you think our leverage will be trying to sign a decent defensive tackle right now? Not that there is any left. Our defensive rebuild project depended on Vince being there in the middle - the middle is where it starts and where it ends - this project has taken so long that the foundation wore away before the house went up.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Out of all the threads here over the last several months, I have never read anyone saying the Patriots should spend to the cap.  

More agenda driven garbage.

The Pats have $10+ million left on the cap, certainly plenty of money there to have had a few better players and still be able to get some in season signings.

But the Pats are rumored to promote within, and fill the practice squad at low cost. 

Maybe it needs to be looked at as far as being smarter at who they sign and decide to keep/let go?

Aren't these players still on the books?

Lloyd @ $3.5 mil

Chad Johnson $1.6 mil

A. Wilson @ $1.3 mil

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

We should of used some of that cap space when we had a chance to really upgrade the defensive tackle position, instead we rode Vince like a taxi cab because we had nothing else. The guy limped out there to play last night (like he has been for the past four years) and this time he got carted off. Game over. There were 20 different defensive takles we could of signed the last three off seasons and we ended up signing Fenene, Shaun Ellis, and Albert Haynesworth. And to top it all off we drafted Ron Freaken Brace.

Thank God we signed the 33 year old Kelly (who was limping off the field last night too). I'm sure he is now realizing he is going to be our new taxi cab.

And if you want to talk salary cap space, value and smart decisions...how do you think our leverage will be trying to sign a decent defensive tackle right now? Not that there is any left. Our defensive rebuild project depended on Vince being there in the middle - the middle is where it starts and where it ends - this project has taken so long that the foundation wore away before the house went up.  

Sure. Tommy Kelly was a terrible signing as was Gerard Warren. Just awful moves, Cupcake.

Is this all you have?   We moved to a 4-3 to lessen some of the workload, too. Nice try, but you'll need to do better than to deflect. Your desperation here has been exposed.  Note how TFB12 is chiming in, too. Means a sure loss for you on this topic if he is your ally.

Hey, have you shared with us your thoughts on Brady AGAIN almost costing us a game because he is too scared to take a snap on 4th down?

Is that BB's fault, too, Cupcake?  Is it?  Are you willing to go that far, go over the edge like a gutless weasel you usually are here?

We lose that game last night if Tom Brady is not our quarterback...plain and simple. You would rather have "Matty Ice" I'm sure. How would Matty Ice look throwing to the guys Brady was throwing to last night?

Only an idiot would think it is a good thing that we have 10 million in cap space as the center piece of our defense rides off in a cart. That is you. They could of spent 2/3rds of that on another guy that could of lessoned the load on Vince, instead he went out there knicked up, played every snap and finally gave out. There is not another 350 pounder in the league that has played as much football as him the last four years...he has been used, abused, worn down and now worn OUT. Congratulations to us for having free cap space (again), it would of come in handy when there were players out there to sign, now there isn't. It's a shame and it was a dumb move.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Out of all the threads here over the last several months, I have never read anyone saying the Patriots should spend to the cap.  

More agenda driven garbage.

The Pats have $10+ million left on the cap, certainly plenty of money there to have had a few better players and still be able to get some in season signings.

But the Pats are rumored to promote within, and fill the practice squad at low cost. 

Maybe it needs to be looked at as far as being smarter at who they sign and decide to keep/let go?

Aren't these players still on the books?

Lloyd @ $3.5 mil

Chad Johnson $1.6 mil

A. Wilson @ $1.3 mil

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

100% spot on. I have never seen anyone infer that spending to the max was nirvana. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Note how TFB12 is chiming in, too. Means a sure loss for you on this topic if he is your ally.

I have proved you wrong in every statement I have challenged you on.  Proving that you lie and post false facts just to fit your agenda.   You are a fraud, and I prove it every time.

I am...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

According to the NFLPA, we currently have just shy of $6.9 million in cap space.  Note that some of that money will be used up by paying performance bonuses, so not all of it is actually available to sign players. 

Trades are rare in the NFL, so acquiring a guy who is paid more than a minimum amount is unlikely.  The most likely signings are rookie or veteran free agents or practice squad players at minimum salaries.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

I mean, Vince goes down and now we need to either promote a player from the PS or make a signing or trade.

If you spend to the cap, to the penny, within a million bucks or less for example, the GM cannot have any leverage in this area.

It's high time the belligerents on this board come forward, admit how ignorant they are on these topics, and admit they're beyond childish with it, refusing to learn from others who get it.

Troll. Napolean complex Much?! your last sentence always destroy your posts. Your like a petulant child. Begging for attention. Good points up until the 10 year old in you came out and called people belligerent and ignorant. 

Those people have DESTROYED this board unwilling to be educated on certain topics, balance on offense, cap concepts and Brady's poor postseson play being a few here,

You can either live in reality or live like you have a raging mental illness Freud would have had a scorching woodrow for back in the 19th Century.

We have a lot of people here who need to come forward on a lot of topics. They know who they are, too.

It's that little BBW Guild who run around here 365 days per year bashing BB relentlessly as a way to deflect from Brady's poor postseson work.

They're also the same ones who can't admit he's fumbled twice this year on snaps. Him. Not Wendell. That is TWO games where his bungled snaps have almost cost our team, which is no different than his postseason play bungle jobs which our D was unfairly blamed for, over and over.

They're disease is not mine, nor should it be the board's, troll. Tell us, little troll, who did you post as before you became "Fletcherbrook"? Let's see if you have the stones to tell us.

You likely won't.

Easy big fella. Easy. Deep breath. Just because we disagree I don't want you to stroke out. I'm just trying to, as you ALWAYS say, "educate" you on the art of Qigong.

I was born fletcherbrook. That's my story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Sure. Tommy Kelly was a terrible signing as was Gerard Warren. Just awful moves, Cupcake.

Is this all you have?   We moved to a 4-3 to lessen some of the workload, too. Nice try, but you'll need to do better than to deflect. Your desperation here has been exposed.  Note how TFB12 is chiming in, too. Means a sure loss for you on this topic if he is your ally.

Hey, have you shared with us your thoughts on Brady AGAIN almost costing us a game because he is too scared to take a snap on 4th down?

Is that BB's fault, too, Cupcake?  Is it?  Are you willing to go that far, go over the edge like a gutless weasel you usually are here?

We lose that game last night if Tom Brady is not our quarterback...plain and simple. You would rather have "Matty Ice" I'm sure. How would Matty Ice look throwing to the guys Brady was throwing to last night?

Only an idiot would think it is a good thing that we have 10 million in cap space as the center piece of our defense rides off in a cart. That is you. They could of spent 2/3rds of that on another guy that could of lessoned the load on Vince, instead he went out there knicked up, played every snap and finally gave out. There is not another 350 pounder in the league that has played as much football as him the last four years...he has been used, abused, worn down and now worn OUT. Congratulations to us for having free cap space (again), it would of come in handy when there were players out there to sign, now there isn't. It's a shame and it was a dumb move.    

We don't have "10 million", moron.

Our run game set up Brady's play action, too.  In previous years, Brady would be audibling into the shotgun and we'd lose.

We have had problem with our offense icing games in playoff games or SBs, and you sit there and defend his 2nd fumble in the last 3 weeks?

You are one sick, sick puppy.

BB's gameplan was brilliant. Did you ever think THAT is why Ryan looked off all night, dumbo?

White and Jones are the best duo in the NFL and you're on here pissing on the D's work, claiming Brady somehow was the reason we won?

Seek help and get it now, Cupcake.

PS, we have not played a base 3-4 defense since 2010.  Wilfork was not "abused" at all. If anything, BB has gone to a 4-3 to take some pressure off of Vince. Leave it to you lie or miscontrue the facts looking to yet again blame the best coach and GM of all time.

I would hate to see your portfolio (if you have one). lmao

This is funny coming from the last guy on earth that realized we are playing in a 43, you spent an entire summer telling everyone that Belichick never played a 43 defense, remember that? Of course you don't, just like you don't remember saying Curtis Martin couldn't catch. LOL!

And yeah, Belichick converted to a 43 to save the wear and tear on Vince! Bawahahaha! Yeah it had nothing to do with drafting dope after dope, after dope, to play outside linebacker in a 34...remember Cunningham? How about Tully Banta Can't? How about Adalius Thomas? How about that third round bust from Michigan? How about Markel Carter? How about that undersized idiot from the Jets? How about that kid from Vancover? How about that jerk we traded a third to the Raiders for? But yeah, we switched to the 43 to save Vince as we trotted him out there 55 minutes a game because there was no other guy who deserved to be on a NFL field behind him. Brilliant.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey Rust, remember when I told you that you can't spend five years "rebuilding" a defense because the pieces you start with, will be deteriorating towards the end of that project? Yeah, that's what happened yesterday. The problem is that you still think a NFL career is the length of a NHL career...that things can take half a decade to develop and grow...when in reality things will develop, grow, get torn down in hald that time in the NFL. It's why the NFL salary cap is the most fluid thing in the history of sports.

Why don't you have some milk and try to catch up on that vitamin D Deficiency you have? You'll feel better.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

According to the NFLPA, we currently have just shy of $6.9 million in cap space.  Note that some of that money will be used up by paying performance bonuses, so not all of it is actually available to sign players. 

Trades are rare in the NFL, so acquiring a guy who is paid more than a minimum amount is unlikely.  The most likely signings are rookie or veteran free agents or practice squad players at minimum salaries.

I have 2 different sources showing just over $10 mil in cap room.

Does the NFLPA take into consideration the 2012 rollover of $5.6 mil?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

No, but 2008 - 2012 is, moron.  

In 2008 we still had a huge number of veterans on D such as Warren, Wilfork, Vrabel, Bruschi, Adalius, Harrison, Seymour and Green.  The D ranked top 10 in points and yards.  Yeah we were really rebuilding coming off of a 16-0 season.  MORON.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

I really don't know what your problem is. I stopped coming for a long time because I got so sick of the trolls. You were a little rough around the edges. But you brought intelligent discussion and an interesting point of view. But it seems as though lately you just want to atogonize and argue. And that's too bad, because I think you have far more to offer to this board than sinking down to the level of the lowest common denominator here. and looking for fights

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Does the NFLPA take into consideration the 2012 rollover of $5.6 mil?

Yes.  Just go to their site and look at the numbers for yourself.  The NFLPA number gets updated 3 times a day.  It has to be accurate.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I don't understand. Are you implying that Belicheck played Wilfork too much so he got hurt? Now he is going to do the same with Kelly?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would have waited to see what the G.M does with the cap space to fill the need before posting this.

Sections
Shortcuts