Does Everyone Now See Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re: Does Everyone Now See Why?

In response to scash2013's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

I mean, Vince goes down and now we need to either promote a player from the PS or make a signing or trade.

If you spend to the cap, to the penny, within a million bucks or less for example, the GM cannot have any leverage in this area.

It's high time the belligerents on this board come forward, admit how ignorant they are on these topics, and admit they're beyond childish with it, refusing to learn from others who get it.

I really don't know what your problem is. I stopped coming for a long time because I got so sick of the trolls. You were a little rough around the edges. But you brought intelligent discussion and an interesting point of view. But it seems as though lately you just want to atogonize and argue. And that's too bad, because I think you have far more to offer to this board than sinking down to the level of the lowest common denominator here. and looking for fights

[/QUOTE]

So true. Years ago he was a contrarian. Always good for a mix-em-up discussion....sometimes over the edge but certainly not out looking for a knife fight every single post. I fear for his health. Honestly. He gets furious at the drop of a hat. That's not good for the ol ticker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

According to the NFLPA, we currently have just shy of $6.9 million in cap space.  Note that some of that money will be used up by paying performance bonuses, so not all of it is actually available to sign players

Trades are rare in the NFL, so acquiring a guy who is paid more than a minimum amount is unlikely.  The most likely signings are rookie or veteran free agents or practice squad players at minimum salaries.

Close pro, in year bonuses are split into two catagories, likely to be earned (which are already counted against this years cap) and unlikely to be earned (which are not counted but are counted against next years cap). Since unused money is transfered over to next year the ULTBE usually has no effect on the current year.

You are right about the min salary though. A Wilfork replacement will barely touch the cap because of the quality of potential replacement available. The best case would have been to spend earlier with added depth in the offseason not to reserve the funds until now. Better quality replacement by adding the depth in the offseason and using some of the cap money then instead of waiting for injury at a shallow depth position during the season. Anyone trying to claim that this is the reason why they saved the cap space doesn't know how deals during the season or the cap actually work. You never spend to the cap right before the season but you also never need more than $3mil at most for in season moves unless you decide to make a big trade, which is rare in the NFL and even more rare for the Pats considering they don't take on big contracts and they don't trade away high picks. Whatever cap space they have would best be used on extensions at this point as replacement players won't eat up all that cap space available

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I mean, Vince goes down and now we need to either promote a player from the PS or make a signing or trade.

If you spend to the cap, to the penny, within a million bucks or less for example, the GM cannot have any leverage in this area.

It's high time the belligerents on this board come forward, admit how ignorant they are on these topics, and admit they're beyond childish with it, refusing to learn from others who get it.

wrong. the time to add depth was during the FA signing period. the Pats now have $$$ to shop, but there is really nothing available. they could have had both Kelly and Branch, and still had $8m to carry during the season...it is poor planning that UDFA Vellanao is starting on a SB contender, and the hope is that the team can bury the hatchet with Lovie to sign him? bottom line, poor roster management to be in this position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Another thread where Harvey is taking a bad beating.  Amazing he continues to come here.  He must have pretty low self esteem.

rkarp is correct.  Poor roster management. I will add that the GM didn't do his job.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would have waited to see what the G.M does with the cap space to fill the need before posting this.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. I would just take the opportunity to point out Nink's new deal, McCourty due, a flat cap and now VInce hurt as his contract is upcoming as well.

Regardless of a move made outside the organization or not, the point is that BB provides himself some wiggle room for that opportunity.

Please learn to read better or don't bother trying to counter.

[/QUOTE]

Nut job. The purpose of your idiotic post was to tell people "I told you so"...Some people are mad BB started the season with that much cap room and lack of a big receiver. You counter by saying he does it on purpose in case something happens, like an inury. ...Now Wilfork goes down and here you are saying "Everyone Now See Why?"..........Well guess what, if he does nothing with the cap room, then you look like even more of a fool (not sure thats even possible)...Thats why I suggested you should have waited, but of course, you and common sense have yet to meet each other.

Now tell me how I'm wrong.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Yes, queenie, instead of signing someone good when they had the chance, they kept almost 10 million to sign a jag fill-in for VW. Great decision. Thank you BB. LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lack of a big WR?  Do you even watch these games? Edelman leads the NFL in receptions and Thompkins is set to break out.  Gronk is close to returning and Amendola and Brady have a great rapport because Amendola knows the system and can line up on the outside and be effective unlike Welker.

As predicted, Edelman replaces Welker.   Truth hurts.

Your Bruins GM botched two tpp 5 picks in 5 years.

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my god.

It's like talking to a six year old..

I did not say, they lacked a big WR. Point out where I said that. I used it as an example of why some people on here were mad that BB didnt spend to the cap. Are there not numerous threads of people upset at all the cap room and complaining about the WR position before the season started and for the first 2 games? The people who are mad that BB didnt spend to the cap, WHAT WAS THEIR BIGGEST REASON WHY???

Answer me. Chiarelli has nothing to do with this. You can leave him out. Same with Kessel and Seguin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Edelman leads the league in receptions because he's the only person that could catch a ball consistently the first 3 weeks. Why aren't you calling him Brady's binkie, queenie?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"he only reason why we don't have at least 1 SB here in the last 5 seasons has NOTHING to do with BB the GM. NOTHING"

LOL. Cheapskating on the cornerback position and having mini-me cornerbacks that big receivers can reach over to make game ending touchdown grabs has nothing to do with it. 

Or drafting a tight end with an injury history who is, lo and behold, not really able to play in the biggest game of the year because of injury - no responsbility there. 

Team losses are everyone's fault, everyone gets a piece of the blame pie.. Even BB admits: "we were outcoached, outplayed." And yes, outdrafted. This is not hard to understand, in fact, everyone else does.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

As for the Giants and the Ravens, you ought to look at some history of the NFL's SB winning teams for some perspective.  Clearly, they both put EVERYTHING into their SB winning seasons.  Any team would trade a SB win for not making the playoffs the next year.  Even idiots like yourself typically know that.

This is what Harvey has a problem grasping.  Maybe he just doesn't want to see it.  The Ravens just won the SB , they let some older players go, they are rebuilding.  They had to sign Flacco for that type of money, what were their options?  A different QB?  Who.  I think the Ravens and Giants have very smart people in the organization, they have no problem rebuilding and getting players they need to win SB's.  I am sure they both will win more in the future.  I would trade a few so-so seasons, even a bad one here and there to get a SB win every now and then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lack of a big WR?  Do you even watch these games? Edelman leads the NFL in receptions and Thompkins is set to break out.  Gronk is close to returning and Amendola and Brady have a great rapport because Amendola knows the system and can line up on the outside and be effective unlike Welker.

As predicted, Edelman replaces Welker.   Truth hurts.

Your Bruins GM botched two tpp 5 picks in 5 years.

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my god.

It's like talking to a six year old..

I did not say, they lacked a big WR. Point out where I said that. I used it as an example of why some people on here were mad that BB didnt spend to the cap. Are there not numerous threads of people upset at all the cap room and complaining about the WR position before the season started and for the first 2 games? The people who are mad that BB didnt spend to the cap, WHAT WAS THEIR BIGGEST REASON WHY???

Answer me. Chiarelli has nothing to do with this. You can leave him out. Same with Kessel and Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say "oh my god" after saying something you claim now you didn't say.

Here is your exact quote, Kevvielana:

"Some people are mad BB started the season with that much cap room and lack of a big receiver."

Are you not speaking for yourself there, Jacobs Lover? Hmm?

[/QUOTE]

No, I am not speaking for myself. In fact, find me a post on here where I have said a negative thing about the Patriots wide receivers or the Pats cap.

I used it an example, because thats what most people bring up when mentioning the cap. AM I wrong?

Note: Just because you bring the Bruins into it, doesnt make you go from wrong to right.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.