DOES GRONK ALREADY HAVE THE BEST and MOST DOMINANT TIGHT END SKILLSET EVER? IS HE OUR TEBOW IN PASSION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DOES GRONK ALREADY HAVE THE BEST and MOST DOMINANT TIGHT END SKILLSET EVER? IS HE OUR TEBOW IN PASSION?

not even going to bother ask if he's the BEST now for thats obvious and indisputable. minus john clayton who didnt pick one single patriot (not brady or welker either) for ALL-PRO thus far, i dont see how most logical folks could pick anyone ahead of gronk. called it LAST season when some stooges here were saying herny was better and actuallly started threads here saying BOTH would be as good and bla bla. life seldom allows for BOTH, only one can be the supernova, never BOTH. herny is a great complement but gronk is the man.

the man has great hands, the biggest mismatch i have ever seen out there. who can cover him? they put revis on him and cant work for gronk is simply too big. u put a safety on him and blows past him. the guy runs flY patterns against DBs, is an athletic freak, a marvel at making ANY catch out there, outjumps and overpowers linebackers, plus he blew up a few guys at the line in the run game (unlike a herny). the man is an every down guy.. period. glad bb realized it and have us as a GRONK-based offense. unlike welker (who should be complimenting as well as a herny), gronk can be the man against ANY defender, scheme, team or cover guy. even if u double team him, unlike a welker, u can still put it up there, at worse u may still get a flag or have him MOSS the defenders.

gates, gonzo, ben coates , kellen winslow and ozzie newsome were all great in their right but nothing like what gronk brings to the table. simple BEATNESSNESS in all phases of the game. everything about gronk says do not think about messing with me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: COULD GRONK BE THE BEST TIGHT END EVER?

CC, you just don't think outside of the box. You think outside of the same universe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

An offense based off a slot receiver and  tight end must have pretty good players at those positions.

I think he is the best now and is playing equal to the best TE's in their prime ..but that does not make him the best ever YET.

but taking your poll you used 'could be'..then yes he could be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Could be, he's passed Mike Ditka for most TDs by TE in their first 2 years.  That's a pretty good stat on his young career.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I think that Gronk will only get better. It takes some TE / WR'S ( Some never get it)
    a  few years to be pro ready but Gronk is there. If he does not make the pro bowl this year it will be a shame.  Gronk may not be a 100 catch , 1,000 yard te but he could be. Because of his size , ability to catch the ball & miss matches he brings he should always be 10+ touchdowns every year.

Is it to early to start the post where after this year or next give the man a long contract extension. I will put him with Brady , the rest of Welkers career & say I
    hope he is alway's wearing a Pats uniform.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No, he's got a ways to go before he can be crowned the best ever. Is he the best TE in football today? That's something I could make an argument for, but in the history of the NFL? That's ludicrous. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: COULD GRONK ALREADY BE THE BEST TIGHT END EVER?

way too early to say that, Smith in NO is running right with Gronk.  Plus it takes many more years to hit best ever.  Lets see how he plays without Brady in the distant future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

anyone want to tell me he doesnt already have the greatest skillset ever at the position? i mean the entire offense should be built around him with welk as the third option (after herny)/ he's a total mismatch regardless of who is covering him or the scheme they are running or if they have 2 guys on him.. tonite he was playing flanker and  in the slot and coming out of the backfield and outrunning cornerbacks. good luck having a non-linebacker tackle this guy in th e open field, like watching wask-a-m0 or pinball.. he just bounces off them as ifhe just noticed a little bug on his jersey. i have NEVER Aseen anything like gronk. unlike welk, there's nothing the league can really ever do to shut him down. he's like the jerry rice of tight ends!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the record for most tds scored by a tight end in a single season is 13

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: COULD GRONK ALREADY BE THE BEST TIGHT END EVER?:
    [QUOTE]the record for most tds scored by a tight end in a single season is 13
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]speaking of records, tonite he broke ditka's all-time record for being the fastest te to 20 tds in a season.. think about this, it took ditka 31 games to do it, gronk has done it in 26 games.. shattered it by 5 games. i really think gronk is going to get to like 41 tds in 41 games at the rate he is going and ultimately have something nutty like 105 tds in 100 games! talking hockey megastar type numbers....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: IS GRONK ALREADY THE BEST TIGHT END EVER?

A little premature, don't you think? I mean, maybe 5-6 years down the road, he could be if he continues this pace, but the guy played just two seasons.

I'm not sure Jerry Rice was deemed best ever halfway into his 2nd season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Sorry CC, I think you need to see a careers worth of work to make that sort of claim.  BTW, breaking records alone does not a "best ever" player make.  The best players are the guys who play at a high level year after year after year.

The guy is looking like a beast for sure though.  I'm a betting man, and I'd wager he'll end up at least being discussed as one of the best TE's when he retires.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

It sure makes it easier when you have arguably the greatest QB ever tossing you the pig skin.
    I'm  very impressed with Gronk so far, but two seasons makes not a careeer worthy of the title, best ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

He is one of the best current tight ends, but ever?  It is always tough to compare eras.  He is  the Pat's best offensive weapon this season save Wes Welker. Welker is the best wide out bar none.  Gronk is nearly impossible to defend against and is a scoring machine.  I truly feel sorry for the opposition's secondary having to defend against Gronk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IS GRONK ALREADY THE BEST TIGHT END EVER?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry CC, I think you need to see a careers worth of work to make that sort of claim.  BTW, breaking records alone does not a "best ever" player make.  The best players are the guys who play at a high level year after year after year. The guy is looking like a beast for sure though.  I'm a betting man, and I'd wager he'll end up at least being discussed as one of the best TE's when he retires.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]OK, thats the real reason i start such threads (to get the logic flowing)... i'm not into too much hyperbole (ha!) but when a caraway comes in with the logic i have to back down or alter the reality. so i am going with greatest or most dominant skillset at the position. i liked mark bavaro back in the day when i lived in NY but he was no speed merchant. i loved coates but he wasnt a demon in the run game. i hope gronk doesnt start getting cheap-shotted or too reckless out there (like that last TD) for only a serious injury could derail him as it did with bavaro. 

of course, we've had the ozzie newsomes and kellen winslows (jr and sr) and so on, but overall gronk is just a beast. he's 6'7 and 280 or so, runs like a gazelle, is a great team player, has the pedigree, has the heart, runs all out on every possible route, can get open in the end zone or 50 yards out and outrun the entire secondary to the end zone, has tom brady throwing him the ball (meaning its not just accurate but thrown for his PROTECTION), has a belichick willling to target him 10 times per game and come up with creative schemes and mismatches like from the backfield last night to isolate him on a slow-footed Lb and so on.. its just phenomenal! 

we've gone form a troy brown/coates ball control centered offfense to a branch/givens/patten midgett-focused one to a moss-cnetered deep-ball one, to a welker-hybrid offense, to a now-gronk hybrid offense. thats just awesome on bb's part. one of these days, we may get an adrien petersen and be a ball-control focused one (likely when tommy's out of here or winding down.. could be ridley/vereen!

I love wes but like moss, he's more of a precision machine. our issues esp in the playoffs have been not having a truly BADASSSS! gronk is a badasss. who cares about precision, he will create something on the spot that isnt even being thought of once he gets the ball. doesnt matter what the timing is. plus if a bart scott or ray lewis/suggs ramps up the passion, gronk is the ONLY guy we have who can not only match but surpass theirs and stick the ball bak up their arsees after he beats and scores on them. he's the reason i am now optimistic that we can win in the playoffs right now. he's our TEBOW (WITH far more skill)!

THE REAL SICK THING IS THAT I DONT THINK THE KID IS EVEN CLOSE TO PEAKING YET. HIS HANDS CAN GET A BIT BETTER, HIS LEAPING and leadership ABILITIES, HIS ROUTE RUNNING, HIS OVERALL CONFIDENCE TOO CAN IMPROVE. he's one of those guys who once he's truly a mega-star, like in the brady constellation, who will actually work even harder to keep getting better and to stay there esp if he stays with the pats and a belichick! his pedigree and family tooo will get on him to not get complacent but keep trying to be the best player in the history of the game rather than just settling for being the best tightend or receiver type! 

i can actually see him carrying the football in short yardage situations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: DOES GRONK ALREADY HAVE THE BEST and MOST DOMINANT TIGHT END SKILLSET EVER? IS HE OUR TEBOW IN PASSION?

How has Tony Gonzalez's name not been mentioned here? 

Gronk's better.  He is going to dominate this position for a long time in this league, hopefully as a Patriot for the duration.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: DOES GRONK ALREADY HAVE THE BEST and MOST DOMINANT TIGHT END SKILLSET EVER? IS HE OUR TEBOW IN PASSION?

I don't know what he is going to end up, but he is my exhibit A in the "why I think BB is a great GM" speech.