does it now enhance BB's legacy even more watching how hard its been for CLEVELAND to replace his success?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: does it now enhance BB's legacy even more watching how hard its been for CLEVELAND to replace his success?

FRAT!  Cliff notes, please! What is your point?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: does it now enhance BB's legacy even more watching how hard its been for CLEVELAND to replace his success?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

FRAT!  Cliff notes, please! What is your point?

my point is that bb in hindsight did as well than any coach could have done in that god-forsaken city. everyone generally considers his time there to b a failure but  in retrospect, i say it was a success. he's by far the most successful cleveland coach since marty s.

Since Marty, LMAO!  That isn't saying much.  You might want to edit that, it doesn't look to good for BB whan you state that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I don't know about BB's legacy but Cleveland needs to look within their own division for some clues to success.  Though the Steelers have not done well in the last couple of years, that franchise has won 6 SBs under an ownership that values stability at the helm.  They have had four HCs since the 1970s with stability in the front office.  The ownership lets the football people make football decisions.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

You do realize the franchise moved to Baltimore don't you?  You have to compare his success to the Ravens which have been a powerhouse for a lot of that time and have won 2 superbowls. 

Why are you comparing him to Cleveland when he had nothing to do with the current franchise?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

You do realize the franchise moved to Baltimore don't you?  You have to compare his success to the Ravens which have been a powerhouse for a lot of that time and have won 2 superbowls. 

Why are you comparing him to Cleveland when he had nothing to do with the current franchise?

And who is running the org in Balt. That's right BB proteige Ozzie N.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Exactly, which is why any measure of success should be compared against Baltimore, not Cleveland.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Well idk.  I had open heart surgery at the Cleveland clinic which saved my life.  Best hospital in the world for heart issues imho.

Yeah I'm sure it has it's problems like any other big city, but it starts with the owner, not the city.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

marty may have lovelaced in playoffs but he's a Hall-worthy candidate and overall is very respected. have you seen his overall win/loss record. he's on the positve ledger. i bet the fans of cleveland would gladly take a Marty walkin thru them doors right about now. all about perspective my friend. all about perspective, lookin at the bigger pic (like with Sam)...

You might think Marty is Hall worthy but I don't see him making it there.  I'm not so sure the Browns would want to see MartyBall back in Cleveland, not sure the Chargers or Cheifs ever would either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

moving on to football... methinks it does. the man went to a playoff game after all and actually had a winning season out there. had he been allowed to coach i bmore, these jabros would have 3 or 4 rings. bb > bellick and even harbaugh. to bmore's credit, they were able to pick a bb office guy in ozzie to do the trick. but look at the browns, who has even come close to duplicating bb's success in cleveland? there's something about that city and their loser ude. methinks someone should start the statue for belichick petition. thats the only way to reverse the curse. call it the curse of belichick if you will. kind of what the sawx went thru since they got rid of the babe. yeah. belichick has proven to be even greater than the babe!

they've had 8 coaches since bb was hired in patsland.. how has that worked out? they even brought in bb's retreads and still nothing. wanted josh, still nothin. the new owner has a kiam tinge. they need a kraft and a bb to walk thru them doors. announcing they will go all in for the manziel and make a rg3 trade will b par for the course. many here love to get amnesia of how much of a laughing stock loserville this place was before the bb walked thru our doors.

whether we win another ring or not, i will b eternally grateful to the man. hope soeone has that statue ready for whenhe inevitably steps down. better b bigger than russ', red's,orr's, williams' and larry's.

NOPE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"hope soeone has that statue ready for whenhe inevitably steps down"

He won't get a statue because of Spygate. I don't agree with that, but that's how it works. BB needs at least one post-Spygate ring to even start thinking statue Brady will get a statue but not Belichick, unless he wins another. Rusty may jump off a bridge that day so we'll need to be vigilant. 

As far as Cleveland adding to BB's legacy - I'd say you're really reaching there. His rings with Parcells are far more valuable to his legacy than Cleveland.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

did anyone bother to look at BB's record while he was in Cleve? what legacy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

So now BB gets credit for what Ozzie does? Step away from the homer pipe.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BB was building a winner in Cleveland, they made the playoffs and were consider super bowl contenders. Then the owner decided to move the team, and they had nothing left to play for-basically the players were affected by it. And I guess Modell finally got tired of BB's style and fired him on the way to Baltimore.

Sections
Shortcuts