Does Marvin Lewis survive that loss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Does Marvin Lewis survive that loss?

Question here is do you feel the loss is on Lewis or the play of the team?  Yes, I know it is the coaches job to assure the team performs, but, look what Dalton did.

Granted, this is no where close, but, since the Pats are O'fer in the SB since 2005, where does that blame lie?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Marvin Lewis has survived this long....why not longer...although he shouldn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Question here is do you feel the loss is on Lewis or the play of the team?  Yes, I know it is the coaches job to assure the team performs, but, look what Dalton did.

Granted, this is no where close, but, since the Pats are O'fer in the SB since 2005, where does that blame lie?

Thats why I said he didnt want to go there because things will come up that he cant explain.

I have said from Day 1 that Big Red is a good Qb but didnt think he had IT. I mean how many Qbs have IT. Just last week he was telling us how dumb it was to sign Cutler. Thats because its a passing league, you need a qb to win and if you aint winning, you still need that QB to fill the stands with fantasy stats (see Cutler)

He wants to make statements about black coaches but cant tell me why Jason Garret still has a job. Its because OWNERS make decisions on when its time to go, not some RULE so even if his point was valid of why they were HIRED, it would NOT explain why they Lasted so long which is why its a dumb argument. Even if you MAKE ME hire someone, I can always fire them next year so why is marvin is still there?  Simple

The Owner loves him. Same way Kraft loves BB. Its Just that one coach drafted a QB that has IT and the other was not as fortunate. Why make it into a race issue? Marvin will be there as long as ownership wants and the problem is the QB turning it over and the WR(Green) not showing up in big games. Why Fire Lewis when the QB is the One deciding factor, no? Oh and the Great Benny Hill?! How the hell did they lose?  All of your arguments contradict the next....lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I

Marvin will be there as long as ownership wants and the problem is the QB turning it over and the WR(Green) not showing up in big games. Why Fire Lewis when the QB is the One deciding factor, no? Oh and the Great Benny Hill?! How the hell did they lose?  All of your arguments contradict the next....lol

I will say your nicknames are at least funny, Shizzles.

How did they lose???!   A scatback fumbled at the 5 (Benny HIll never fumbles, REMEMBER?. YOU WERE WARNED.

BJGE never fumbles yet you wonder why Cincy lost huh?

You just won't listen. If BJGE gets 15 carries minimum, Cincy wins. I knew they wouldn't do it and that's one reason I picked SD.

Watch SD vs Denver, they'll use too much Woodhead and lose. Mathews spraind his ankle. He's a bust, but he's their best bet to carry the ball 15 times mimimum and beat Denver.

I called it and saw it 2 weeks ago when SD went in there and won.  That's the recipe. 

You  just don't get it. Scatbacks are not players who should be over-used. Faulk learned that here and BB scaled him back to become arguably the best 3rd down/scatback of last decade.

In fact, Faulk was. But he wasn't getting 10 carries every week and 7 targets out of the backfield.

Whether you or any other naive person on this topic wants to get it, BJGE is their lead back.  No one ever said he was a star, but a good, steady back who is consistent and gets positive yards.

I watched him do it a bunch and then here comes the subbing of the RB and Cincy sucks in the red zone.

I was right again.

f Woodhead fumbled or Rivers fumbled and Cincy gave BJGE 15 carries+, Cincy wins that game, the other direction.

If Woodhead gets 15 carries in Denver, they will lose. In fact, I'll open up a wager on that if you want.

BJGE had 8 carries, 42 yards for 5.2 YPC and you're on here mocking him? WHat a loser you are, Shizzles. WHy not 16 carries

So you really do believe they lost due to not playing Benny Hill more and not Daltons 3 pics??  Interesting.  I guess BB aint as bright as we thought.

Can you please send bill a email. Which back do we use this year? Please tell him to run our lead back atleast 15 times so I can see another parade already. Im getting old ova hea and you are just sitting back watching us lose year after year without informing BB of the winning gameplan??? You cant be a pats fan dude! Who does that.

Are these your thoughts sitting down in the basement ? 

"I know how we can win a SB, but Im not gonna tell BB, tee- hee"   Laying in the Weeds!!!!  Im the Best"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The bengals are the definition of why you can't win without a quarterback...the team is stacked, Dalton gets to throw to guys who are tall, fast and young. He's got a defense to bail him out, yet it makes no difference....same thing for Houston.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I don't know why you can't have a fair discussion on an NFL topic. I am not agains the NFL being cognizant of teams not interviewing minorities. If there is some kind of a pattern with it, fine.

The fact is, not many minorities who either played the game in the 1970s or 1980s, or have been coaches in college are either qualified enough or wanted to coach.

We're going on 25 years now of the first black coach (Art Shell) and over 30 of the first Hispanic coach (Tom FLores).

I think as time has gone on in the 1990s, 2000s, the more African American based NFL has churned out those who want to stick around and be coaches or maybe even a head coach.

The same thing can be said for NFL analysts or panel guys on ESPN or NFLN. It's very reflective of how the league has evolved.

It's just silly to think an owner or GM would be racist and take a weaker candidate because they are white.  It makes no sense and does not happen. These owners lose money to the better run organizations, so the guy could be blue and they would hire him if the fit was there.

This is a business.  Winning is what matters, not what skin color your coach has.

I don't see why I don't "want to go there". I just did.

Also, Tomlin only has 1 SB win, barely won it, and is lucky Bernard Pollard took Brady out that year. So, let's not go overboard here. Every year 1 team wins a SB.  Good for him, it doesn't make him a great head coach.

what is your problem dude?  I just said I dont have an opinion on it. Its me admitting I dont know about something so why discuss it. I have never got involved in football that is not football(outside of the draft). Thats why I leave all the salary cap/political/coaching quotas up to you. Have at it Dude!  Ijs, Marvin never struck me as a guy who was given a job. Some owners  are just loyal like that. The dude has a cult following from the fans, I imagine that has something to  do seeing as the fans pay the bills.  How long did Jeff Fisher last in Tennesee?? How many rings does he have again?

My point is I cant prove nor can you anything wrong with the coaching process. I cant because I am ignorant to the situation. You cant because you just tried and Failed!

Got it?

You tried to censor my opinion by saying 'don't go there'.  So, I was just clarifying my position and went "there".

That's all. I have no problem.  

Fisher is a good coach, though.  1 SB appearance, many playoff runs, etc.  He got fired at the right time, IMO.

He was in the same division as the perennial division winner Colts, too, so that meant he was really fighting for 1 of 2 WC spots every year.  So, that is a terrible example.

I would have canned Kubiak last year, but he too, was given 5 years+ to try to hurdle the Colts.

The point is, Rooney uule is like 20 years too late and not needed. Some teams literally jumped at the chance to hire those coaches at the time almost like they over-compensated trying to showcase they werent a racist organization or something.

Look at Dungy. Perfect example.  Most overrated coach in modern history next to Bill Cowher. The guy was a Coordinator of a loaded TB club (on D) and just watched Lynch, Nickerson, Sapp, Brooks, Barber, etc run around a field. Then he failed as the head coach.  

Gruden comes in and immediately wins a SB.

Then, Indy hires DUngy and their D proceeds to be horrendous. So, wasn't Dungy really just a guy who strolled the sidelines, armed folded, observing Manning? Sure looked that way to me.

well Dungee was a softee and that style didnt work in tampa but it did in Indy. I dont try to make things out of nothing which it seems you are doing. So although Fisher stayed for years with no SB, he is better than M. Lewis? This may be true but my point is there are more factors than just a black/white coach and if you are gonna tell me black coaches are inferior to whites, you need more proof than that. How about the fact that marvin has coached in THEE toughest division in Football producing like 5 SB winners out of the last 13 SBs?  How about that division that Fisher coached in?

See why you cant do that? It will make you look like a dumb racist and you arent so I was trying to help YOU by saying "dont go there"

Jeeeesh! Lets add R.A.C to the list too...DId he get hired because he was black too? You fail to mention the state of the teams when these HIRINGS take place. Romeo is probably best suited to coordinate but did he get his job due to rooney rule or from being a BB coach who helped win 3 titles?   You admitted that Gruden inherited dungees team but you think dungee being black was the problem, not his mild mannered style of coaching?  Joe freekin Gibbs got a job a few years back cuz he is a fall of fame coach but he SUCKED by that time. Where is the outrage for hiring a guy based on past success?!? Oh the Horror!  LOL

I said nothing about black vs white, I said the ROoney Rule came in a a handful of black coaches were hired and it could have been argued better coaches were available at the time.

Snyder is a moron, so no comment on Gibbs. He also hired Schottenheimer and Norv Turner

I think Dungy was not head coaching material at TB, yes. I think he had loaded talent and wasted it.

Yes.

Yes, I don't think RAC had access to a stellar OC and has no offensive experience, so yes, I was suspicious of his head coaching chances, but it's not like Cleveland had talent either.

Comparing Dungy's talent to RAC's in Cleveland is silly.  Dungy then went to Indy and couldn't coach a legit D. I never said Dungy being black was a problem. I go by facts. He was spoiled in TB and then he couldn't coach up that in Indy as Gomie put up fantasy stats to cover for that. That's a fact.

RAC has done well in KC or elsewhere by just being a coordinator. Houston is looking at him now and would be a fanastic fit for O'Brien. It's about overall fit, not skin color.

One main concern of mine would be "who is your staff"?  That's vital, IMO.  

We are def. in agreement about some guys being good coordinators. I dont think RAC is head coach material but its nothing to do him being black. You cant point to the same amount of failing white coaches so I dont go by that. I go by results mostly. RAC would be my D coordinator. I would probably take Mike Sherman as my O Coordinator. DIff. teams. I dont know if Dungee was good enough or not because Manning ran that team but some times , change is needed and timing is everything. The Raiders went to a SB so is Callahan better than Gruden?    I mean who knows. It all comes back to what I said. OWNERS keep bad coaches. Talk to the owners.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I

Marvin will be there as long as ownership wants and the problem is the QB turning it over and the WR(Green) not showing up in big games. Why Fire Lewis when the QB is the One deciding factor, no? Oh and the Great Benny Hill?! How the hell did they lose?  All of your arguments contradict the next....lol

I will say your nicknames are at least funny, Shizzles.

How did they lose???!   A scatback fumbled at the 5 (Benny HIll never fumbles, REMEMBER?. YOU WERE WARNED.

BJGE never fumbles yet you wonder why Cincy lost huh?

You just won't listen. If BJGE gets 15 carries minimum, Cincy wins. I knew they wouldn't do it and that's one reason I picked SD.

Watch SD vs Denver, they'll use too much Woodhead and lose. Mathews spraind his ankle. He's a bust, but he's their best bet to carry the ball 15 times mimimum and beat Denver.

I called it and saw it 2 weeks ago when SD went in there and won.  That's the recipe. 

You  just don't get it. Scatbacks are not players who should be over-used. Faulk learned that here and BB scaled him back to become arguably the best 3rd down/scatback of last decade.

In fact, Faulk was. But he wasn't getting 10 carries every week and 7 targets out of the backfield.

Whether you or any other naive person on this topic wants to get it, BJGE is their lead back.  No one ever said he was a star, but a good, steady back who is consistent and gets positive yards.

I watched him do it a bunch and then here comes the subbing of the RB and Cincy sucks in the red zone.

I was right again.

f Woodhead fumbled or Rivers fumbled and Cincy gave BJGE 15 carries+, Cincy wins that game, the other direction.

If Woodhead gets 15 carries in Denver, they will lose. In fact, I'll open up a wager on that if you want.

BJGE had 8 carries, 42 yards for 5.2 YPC and you're on here mocking him? WHat a loser you are, Shizzles. WHy not 16 carries

you didnt pick SD?? You clearly picked Cinci and went 2-2 last weekend

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

No, I didn't. I picked the Chargers.  

This has already been covered, RKrap.

oh, do you mean this??

Looks like 2 and 2 to me, no?

Re: 4 games next weekend - most likely upset?

posted at 12/31/2013 1:35 PM EST

• DeadAhead
    • First: 11/23/2013
    • Last: 1/6/2014

Cincy

KC

SF

NOs

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

6 years to win in the playoffs 

team is stacked with talent

will the bungles make a change?

No.  0-5 postseason, 6 other postseason misses.  The only thing that saved he and Lovie was the dopey Rooney Rule.

Tomlin goes next year, too.  These guys have always been overrated, IMO.  

Not trying to make this a racial thing, but come on. I've not seen more inept coaching work in a long, long time from those guys.

They aren't head coaches, they are coordinators. It was obvious years ago.

Part of me also feels those owners like in Chicago and Cincy are actually cheap, so they never want to be paying for two GMs or coaches at once, so they just wait out the contract instead.

So, what you're saying is that even though Tomlin has never had a losing season, has won two superbowl's since the Pats last won one, he will be fired, but BB won't?  Oh my.  What an idiot. 

"superbowl's"? What is the Super Bowl possessing?

I don't care when the last time the Pats were in a SB when Brady choked. That's in the past.

I care about how Mike Tomlin has lived off of a good organization and Dick LeBeau for a long time there and is really only a figurehead.

I also care that he cheated in a game this year and basically affected a play on the field, where he could have caused an injury as well.

He's a terrible in-game tactician as was Lovie Smith and as is Marvin Lewis.

Jim Caldwell is another one.  This is nothing personal here, but when I see coaches like that basically just wandering the sidelines looking like they are a museum looking at paintings all game long, it tells me they really aren't running a ship and engaged as a head coach.

Some people are coordinators only.  Those coaches are cooridnators masquerading as head coach. Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, Rex Ryan, etc.

Coordinators. An NFL head coach needs to be a special person because of all the crap the NFL coach has to deal with in today's NFL.

The one season Tomlin won a SB was the year Brady went down. I can guarantee you Pitt wasn't beating the Pats that year in the playoffs.

He's lost to Tim Tebow and his team has gotten worse and worse the last 3 years in a row off the lockout. Colbert should also be canned next year along with him to clean house when they miss the playoffs AGAIN.

Cap hell is a very real thing, Bustchise. You're experiencing it as well with your crappy GM and coach.

Bwahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaa!  I love it!  You just can't resist.  Whenever faced with your own idiotic words you try to deflect by going after typos.  Would you like to play that game again?  You always lose.  So, you don't care about a team winning superbowls?  Of course you don't.   You did back a decade ago.... hmmm why did that change?  So now what you're saying is that Tomlin is able to take someone else's team and win a superbowl, but you make excuses for BB, have a great offense for years (and and you claimed that BB was hands off with the offense so that you could balme Brady for having a top ranked offense for many years) but has failed repeatedly with a poor defense, even though his claim to fame was as a great defensive coach?  Very intersting take, Mt President, very interesting.  Tell me, did BB win his first couple of superbowls with someone else's team?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I don't know why you can't have a fair discussion on an NFL topic. I am not agains the NFL being cognizant of teams not interviewing minorities. If there is some kind of a pattern with it, fine.

The fact is, not many minorities who either played the game in the 1970s or 1980s, or have been coaches in college are either qualified enough or wanted to coach.

We're going on 25 years now of the first black coach (Art Shell) and over 30 of the first Hispanic coach (Tom FLores).

I think as time has gone on in the 1990s, 2000s, the more African American based NFL has churned out those who want to stick around and be coaches or maybe even a head coach.

The same thing can be said for NFL analysts or panel guys on ESPN or NFLN. It's very reflective of how the league has evolved.

It's just silly to think an owner or GM would be racist and take a weaker candidate because they are white.  It makes no sense and does not happen. These owners lose money to the better run organizations, so the guy could be blue and they would hire him if the fit was there.

This is a business.  Winning is what matters, not what skin color your coach has.

I don't see why I don't "want to go there". I just did.

Also, Tomlin only has 1 SB win, barely won it, and is lucky Bernard Pollard took Brady out that year. So, let's not go overboard here. Every year 1 team wins a SB.  Good for him, it doesn't make him a great head coach.

what is your problem dude?  I just said I dont have an opinion on it. Its me admitting I dont know about something so why discuss it. I have never got involved in football that is not football(outside of the draft). Thats why I leave all the salary cap/political/coaching quotas up to you. Have at it Dude!  Ijs, Marvin never struck me as a guy who was given a job. Some owners  are just loyal like that. The dude has a cult following from the fans, I imagine that has something to  do seeing as the fans pay the bills.  How long did Jeff Fisher last in Tennesee?? How many rings does he have again?

My point is I cant prove nor can you anything wrong with the coaching process. I cant because I am ignorant to the situation. You cant because you just tried and Failed!

Got it?

You tried to censor my opinion by saying 'don't go there'.  So, I was just clarifying my position and went "there".

That's all. I have no problem.  

Fisher is a good coach, though.  1 SB appearance, many playoff runs, etc.  He got fired at the right time, IMO.

He was in the same division as the perennial division winner Colts, too, so that meant he was really fighting for 1 of 2 WC spots every year.  So, that is a terrible example.

I would have canned Kubiak last year, but he too, was given 5 years+ to try to hurdle the Colts.

The point is, Rooney uule is like 20 years too late and not needed. Some teams literally jumped at the chance to hire those coaches at the time almost like they over-compensated trying to showcase they werent a racist organization or something.

Look at Dungy. Perfect example.  Most overrated coach in modern history next to Bill Cowher. The guy was a Coordinator of a loaded TB club (on D) and just watched Lynch, Nickerson, Sapp, Brooks, Barber, etc run around a field. Then he failed as the head coach.  

Gruden comes in and immediately wins a SB.

Then, Indy hires DUngy and their D proceeds to be horrendous. So, wasn't Dungy really just a guy who strolled the sidelines, armed folded, observing Manning? Sure looked that way to me.

What's the Rooney uule?  I've never heard of that.  Please explain.

You;re a moron.....Go check TexasPat's thread, troll. In fact, I'll bump it for you.  THat was on 12.31...

I changed my mind the more I thought of it and nailed the analysis of every game.

What does "You;re" mean?  I don't think "re" can stand on its own.  You should look up how to use a semicolon.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

6 years to win in the playoffs 

team is stacked with talent

will the bungles make a change?

they should...he is like Gary Kubiak in Houston ie: underachieving with talent

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The bengals are the definition of why you can't win without a quarterback...the team is stacked, Dalton gets to throw to guys who are tall, fast and young. He's got a defense to bail him out, yet it makes no difference....same thing for Houston.

Yeah. How did your boy Dunlap do yesterday? That immature turd was busy making videos in the locker room during the week asking fans to come to the game. LMAO

Jailbird Carlos.

carlos-dunlap

They're the definiton alright.

My boy Dunlop? I guess better than draft bust Cunningham (who you said was the better player...thanks BB!!).

And I read somewhere above you mentioning BJGE's YPC average for the game yesterday...weren't you the one who ran around here last year like an imbecile calling YPC a meaningless stat? Bawaahahaha! Let me guess...you never said that and I am a liar, right?

There are 3.5 billion people on the internet, not a single one of them is a bigger fraud than you. Hey keep in mind my offer still stands for football lessons...ten dollars a post, it's a bargain.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Enough with the cat sodomy references. Seriously.

• Sections
    Shortcuts