Does Moss Come Back in 2011?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Does Moss Come Back in 2011?

Not sure if we've discussed this before but do any of you think there's a chance Moss comes back next year? I think we can be fine without him but that hinges on some development from Tate. If things stand as is, then no, I don't see us being better without Moss. He wanted a new deal or he wanted out; we sent him out to Minnesota. I don't see the Vikings doing anything this year and I see the Vikings not bringing Favre back and perhaps getting rid of Childress too. So if that's the case, I don't see the Vikings paying top dollar to bring Moss back.

I'm aware that at least one team will line up to overpay for Moss because that seemingly happens with every free agent. The question is, would Moss take a few million more to play in Cleveland (being hypothetical) or say Tampa Bay than come back and play in New England.

I don't see any bridges burned here unless something really catastrophic happened in the background that we fans aren't aware of. If he did have a spat with the coaching staff, that's not a big deal. Moss wouldn't be the only Patriot to question a coach.

Maybe this one season away from New England and being in the Vikings circus makes him re-think how he wants to spend his final seasons in the league. Not being hopeful and not saying that we'll need Moss to win but you can't dismiss the thought altogether I don't think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: Does Moss Come Back in 2011?

Is this a serious thread? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Does Moss Come Back in 2011?:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if we've discussed this before but do any of you think there's a chance Moss comes back next year? I think we can be fine without him but that hinges on some development from Tate. If things stand as is, then no, I don't see us being better without Moss. He wanted a new deal or he wanted out; we sent him out to Minnesota. I don't see the Vikings doing anything this year and I see the Vikings not bringing Favre back and perhaps getting rid of Childress too. So if that's the case, I don't see the Vikings paying top dollar to bring Moss back. I'm aware that at least one team will line up to overpay for Moss because that seemingly happens with every free agent. The question is, would Moss take a few million more to play in Cleveland (being hypothetical) or say Tampa Bay than come back and play in New England. I don't see any bridges burned here unless something really catastrophic happened in the background that we fans aren't aware of. If he did have a spat with the coaching staff, that's not a big deal. Moss wouldn't be the only Patriot to question a coach. Maybe this one season away from New England and being in the Vikings circus makes him re-think how he wants to spend his final seasons in the league. Not being hopeful and not saying that we'll need Moss to win but you can't dismiss the thought altogether I don't think.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

AP, I think the Pats have committed to a ball control offense, so I don't see them looking back. Will be interesting to see if Taylor Price develops into an NFL quality receiver who can occasionally go deep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

While I think we might all agree that Randy should have remembered that old adage about being careful what you wish for, I don't see a scenario in which he comes back to the Pats. He didn't get his extension here; he won't get it in Minnesota . . .  and for the cherry on top, it seems unlikely that he's going to get the highlight reel he was looking for to buttress his campaign for one last big score this coming off season.

There may, indeed, be a team out there willing to overpay Randy next year (there usually is), but his dream of attaching himself like a barnacle to an existing Super Bowl contender appears to have gone up the chimney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Not happening. If BB sees a need for a tall receiver to stretch the field it will be addressed via the draft not by bringing back a moping older high priced free agent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I just don't see it.  Moss tried hard not to burn bridges on his way out but does anybody think he'd come back and not expect to be the focal point of the offense yet again?  I think that ship has sailed...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Moss is 1 mistake that this team won't make again......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

This would be like remarrying your old ex.  Logically, it's probably not a good idea, and all the old problems are still there, but you just can't help yourself. 

But seriously, I think BB and Co. will go with logic.  Moss won't be back. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Does Moss Come Back in 2011?:
    [QUOTE]While I think we might all agree that Randy should have remembered that old adage about being careful what you wish for, I don't see a scenario in which he comes back to the Pats. He didn't get his extension here; he won't get it in Minnesota . . .  and for the cherry on top, it seems unlikely that he's going to get the highlight reel he was looking for to buttress his campaign for one last big score this coming off season. There may, indeed, be a team out there willing to overpay Randy next year (there usually is), but his dream of attaching himself like a barnacle to an existing Super Bowl contender appears to have gone up the chimney.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Do you think the remainder of Moss' career will run a similar course as Ty Law; where he will sign with the highest bidder every year or so?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

If he had left in the off-season, I would imagine it possible.  But for him to be traded in-season, that move screams of urgency.  I suspect there is more bad about the Moss legacy In N.E. than of which we have been informed, as to which Bruschi alluded.

I expect Moss to go to the next highest-bidder on the list that could be a contender.  The Eagles? The Redskins? But not the Broncos.  Not the Chiefs.  Not the Giants. Not the Browns.  I think those teams know that if BB casts off a legend in-season, there must be solid, forboding reasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

highest bidder for Moss is what I predict. And no he wont be back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Moss Come Back in 2011? : Do you think the remainder of Moss' career will run a similar course as Ty Law; where he will sign with the highest bidder every year or so?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Of necessity, yes. Randy's skills are not dominant enough anymore to make his attitude palatable.

See: TO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If they didn't think to offer him a contract now, how does doing it next year make sense?  The Pats have moved on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Moss is not coming back here.  Move on.  Its a good thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]If they didn't think to offer him a contract now, how does doing it next year make sense?  The Pats have moved on.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that logic. Realistically, they were expecting him to come in, work hard, produce, and then take a bit of a pay cut and finish his career here. If he was expecting top dollar, they weren't going to give it to him. They opened the talks in preseason but Moss said no. He then became a less valuable member of the offense which caused him to vent publicly. He knew that if his numbers aren't good, he's not going to get the attention and thus that one last payday.

That's the story, right? But, here's where it all changes.

Moss thought he'd force his way out of town so we shipped him to Minnesota for a 3rd. He and Favre both said they'll work magic together, which would blow up Moss' stats and get him that payday from Minnesota or someone else. That's not happening. He's not any big of a factor in Minnesota than what he was in New England. If Favre misses a few games or plays but plays limited, Moss still won't get his numbers. I doubt he gets them with TJax at the helm.

Now, he becomes a free agent with meaningless numbers. Maybe one or two teams line up to pay top dollar but maybe they're not contenders.

We all of a sudden get all the leverage: a familiar system, familar surroundings, HOF QB and coach, and presumably one of five situations where Moss could retire with a ring. In the end, we bring him back, get a 3rd rounder, get Moss to accept even less than what he would have accepted before, and have another weapon in our offense.

I wouldn't say it's the stupidest thing discussed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if we've discussed this before but do any of you think there's a chance Moss comes back next year? I think we can be fine without him but that hinges on some development from Tate. If things stand as is, then no, I don't see us being better without Moss. He wanted a new deal or he wanted out; we sent him out to Minnesota. I don't see the Vikings doing anything this year and I see the Vikings not bringing Favre back and perhaps getting rid of Childress too. So if that's the case, I don't see the Vikings paying top dollar to bring Moss back. I'm aware that at least one team will line up to overpay for Moss because that seemingly happens with every free agent. The question is, would Moss take a few million more to play in Cleveland (being hypothetical) or say Tampa Bay than come back and play in New England. I don't see any bridges burned here unless something really catastrophic happened in the background that we fans aren't aware of. If he did have a spat with the coaching staff, that's not a big deal. Moss wouldn't be the only Patriot to question a coach. Maybe this one season away from New England and being in the Vikings circus makes him re-think how he wants to spend his final seasons in the league. Not being hopeful and not saying that we'll need Moss to win but you can't dismiss the thought altogether I don't think.

You know, I was just talking about this the other day to a buddy of mine and I also sort of agree because, people were all wondering:

Where does Moss go from here?  He's basically ruined his best shot at trying to catch Rice, his best consistent shot at a ring, etc.

Drew Brees and the Saints?  Ok. I can see that.

Manning? Maybe, but I don't see why he would want to joine another new system yet again.

He certainly will not want to stay in Minny. I just don't see that.  I can see all kinds of teams bidding for him and wherever he goes, it won't be a good move if it's big money and a mediocre environment.

He totally blew it here by not waiting out a deal he would have been offered.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Hmmmmm.....  Let's analyze this a little.

FACT: Moss biched aboiut his contract coming up in training camp AND immediately after the first game of the year. He was told to STHU by BB.

FACT: Moss got a contract extension from the Vikings, the money he wanted from the Pats.

FACT: For someone who professed a "love" for all things Patriots while he was here, he sure picked a funny way to express it BEFORE he was sent packing.

ANSWER: Not just "No!", but "Hell, No!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Does Moss Come Back in 2011? : Hmmmmm.....  Let's analyze this a little. FACT: Moss biched aboiut his contract coming up in training camp AND immediately after the first game of the year. He was told to STHU by BB. FACT: Moss got a contract extension from the Vikings, the money he wanted from the Pats. FACT: For someone who professed a "love" for all things Patriots while he was here, he sure picked a funny way to express it BEFORE he was sent packing. ANSWER: Not just "No!", but "Hell, No!"
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Actually, that isn't true....he is getting the same amount...they just restructured the contract and made a promise to not tag him.....Moss wanted a long term lucrative contract....he didn't get that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Moss Come Back in 2011? : Actually, that isn't true....he is getting the same amount...they just restructured the contract and made a promise to not tag him.....Moss wanted a long term l ucrative contract....he didn't get that.
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

Still "Hell, No!"

He 1/2 asssed his way around the field on more than a few ocaisions. He dropped a TD pass in Miami before the half that he could/should have caught.

The meter maids in NE are safe again!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

And if he does comes back.. who thinks he'll change his ways? 

When the money is flowing, all is green and grassy!  Moss didn't see the green grass called the 2011 season and he wanted to find the green grass on the other side.  In this case, the snowy confines of Minnesota!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Moss Come Back in 2011? : Still "Hell, No!" He 1/2 asssed his way around the field on more than a few ocaisions. He dropped a TD pass in Miami before the half that he could/should have caught. The meter maids in NE are safe again!
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know....I was just fixing the error....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NO.

We'll draft Hankerson and Brady will say Randy who?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ok so after watching his post game press conference, what do you think now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He was rather warm with Kraft before the game.

It would be hilarious if Minny cut him outright this season .... and then he came back. LOL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]He was rather warm with Kraft before the game. It would be hilarious if Minny cut him outright this season .... and then he came back. LOL.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Chilly is pretty dense . . .

but surely there must be a limit . . .

mustn't there?