Does no one think that playin on sunday is stupid!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Does no one think that playin on sunday is stupid!!

the stats aren't on your side. Most teams who rest too much before the playoffs have an early exit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Two weeks is too long to rest these players. Rest the injured. Everyone else plays like it's a preseason game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Football players play football. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Unless they are dinged up and can benefit by sitting out, they will play.  They may not play the whole game, however.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Welker hurt his knee on a non contact play in the open field. His knee could have easily blown out in a non contact no pads practice. The guys that do not have any significant injuries should play on Sunday. I am not saying the whole game but at least the first half.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Does no one think that playin on sunday is stupid!!:
    You have the best coach in the league who more often than not can make then want to sprint straight through a brick wall. Welker wrecked his knee this time last yea. It takes one play to ruin tommy and i don't want to jinx anything but there's being tough staying in rhythm and playing every game and then there's bein flat out stupid and playing sunday is flat out stupid call me what you want. It's silly too,much pride nothing to gain accept injuries cameron wake is guna come off that edge like a demon after the MVP man sit him for 2 weeks n lets win this BLOODY superbowl. The league's not at it's best the smart must pounch !!
    Posted by danemcmenamin

Read the first line you wrote.  If you BELIEVE that, don't you think if he decides to play them, he is right?  OR is it that you DON'T think he is smarter than you are?  Pick one.  Me, I'm cool with however he wants to do it, and historically, he has played like it was a game.  We plays games to win.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Welker got hurt on a bad field. If its raining or sloppy I'd like to see limited play by the starters. Tread it like preseason game 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Seems to me the attitude of this team is Keep your head down and your foot on the accelerator. 
    Things going poorly in the game?  Keep your head down and your foot on the accelerator.
    Things going well in the game?  Keep your head down and your foot on the accelerator.
    "Distractions" in the news?  Keep your head down and your foot on the accelerator.
    Honors bestowed and records made?  Keep your head down and your foot on the accelerator.
    Why wouldn't the team be consistent and play non-injured starters, at least for a few series?  They should and will.  For there is more to the game than risk to muscle, ligament and bone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Colts have always rested their starters for one or even two games before the playoffs. We've seen how that affects their postseason games. The one year they didn't was 06, as they needed to win not having their division locked up. That was the one year they won it all. The last time NE did this they lost in the divisional round. Welker could have slipped in his yard and had the injury to his knee, it was not due to contact. Bad example. I expect Brady to play at least until the 3rd quarter. And the newer guys need all the experience they can get. There is enough rest with a bye week, I fully support them playing this like any other game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Welker could have slipped in his yard and had the injury to his knee, it was not due to contact. Bad example.

respectifully disagree. Even Belichick complained to the NFL about the field after the game that Welker got hurt. Yes he could have hurt himself in his yard but there would be no reason he'd be making cuts like that in his yard. So IMHO its a relavent example. If the fields really wet or sloppy the risk of injury goes up. I'll go with what Bill B does but if it were me I wouldnt play the key players more then a half. And less then that if the Dolphins play vendictive. they hate us as much as we hate them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm always worried about injuries, but two weeks without a game is just too long when you consider they will need to play their best in the playoffs. Plus the team that comes in to play us will have momentum of their own and will not need a quarter or more to shake the rust off. I do worry about an injury to a key player though, or even a back up, because we have had many this year and are thinner than people realize.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

2 weeks for a young defense is a bad idea. Get Guyton some playing time because when we face passing teams he'll be called upon more often. Keep Mayo in a cerebral mode ready to kill, keep Vince hungry, keep McCourty honest, keep your OL agressive, keep your WR sharp, keep BJE confidence at a high level with his no fumble and possible 1000 yard season, keep Brady sharp, keep BB scheming. 

Play your starters, no pansyness. We are not the Colts, that's why we have 3 SB banners and they have 1. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Just because the field was bad doesn't make it a good example. You can slip on black ice on your own sidewalk, I've done it myself. The field turf in Foxboro should be alright for this game. If field conditions were a hazard I expect you'd see less playing time for the starters. The primary risk is injuries sustained from being hit, IMO. But as this is a given, I see no reason to play "scared". This strategy has hurt more teams than it has helped. And momentum is great going into the postseason. Especially with all the younger guys on the team. They are just getting used to playing such a long season (rookies), and a two week break would do more harm than good, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Its not like the team is going to sit around for 2 weeks. They'll practice a lot and perfect a game plan. I can't see rust forming. Who wants to play us after 2 weeks of game planning? We're in JETS mode now....  just end the season....  on with the real season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They could get hurt in practice too, but it's not a good idea to stop practicing.  You can look at playing in this game simply as the most intense part of their practice regimen over the next two weeks.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Real men live life they don't fear it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NFL players know what they signed up for...to play football.  They start playing in earnest with the pre-season and go until their team is no longer playing that season.  After that, they have quite a bit of time off until the next season starts.  That seems to be Tom Brady's attitude... he is here to play football.  Yes, it is a truly, very physical game, but again, these guys know what they signed up for and get paid pretty well.  I agree you can rest the dinged up players a bit more, don't play those that need a full week or more of rest, but, as for the healthy ones, play them to win the game.  You do need to keep sharp.  It is a fallacy that you can simply "flick" the switch and turn it on at will.  Belichickforpresident put it well...  Keep your head down and your foot on the acceleratorThat is a good motto until someone tells you your season is over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Does no one think that playin on sunday is stupid!!:
    Welker got hurt on a bad field. If its raining or sloppy I'd like to see limited play by the starters. Tread it like preseason game 2.
    Posted by Philskiw

Shouldn't you quote Mike Reiss for stealing his words.

Mike's not always right. He's wrong here. Reliant stadium had a ripped up field that day but it was because it has natural grass.

Gillette has field turf now. You won't have those same types of conditions.

Just a bad comparison by him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Real men live life they don't fear it.
    Posted by tcal2-

What the hell? What happened TCal?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

no, they get hundreds of thousands of $ to play 16 games (or more) get out and play. it's not like you're playing 68 hockey games (or more)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Always the risk with these (and all) games.  It seems BB thinks health is not the only factor in winning in the NFL.  If they don't play this Sunday it will be 3 weeks between games.  I will let the man with 5 SB rings make the call because I think his methods are proven effective.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Its not like the team is going to sit around for 2 weeks. They'll practice a lot and perfect a game plan. I can't see rust forming. Who wants to play us after 2 weeks of game planning? We're in JETS mode now....  just end the season....  on with the real season.
    Posted by Philskiw

2 weeks of game planning would be nice but the Pats have no idea who they will be playing.  Hard to game plan until you know who you're playing.

Also, I would much rather take the risk of injury against the risk of coming out rusty.  Injuries can happen in the weight room, at practice anywhere.  Also, Practicing against each other is a bit different then going live against another team. I want to see them play for a while

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

2 weeks for a young defense is a bad idea. Get Guyton some playing time because when we face passing teams he'll be called upon more often. Keep Mayo in a cerebral mode ready to kill, keep Vince hungry, keep McCourty honest, keep your OL agressive, keep your WR sharp, keep BJE confidence at a high level with his no fumble and possible 1000 yard season, keep Brady sharp, keep BB scheming.  Play your starters, no pansyness. We are not the Colts, that's why we have 3 SB banners and they have 1. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

That's it right there the D never really crossed my mind when I was posting. It was new year's eve though. We're not the colts though different coach different state of mind of the team. I don't think momentum's a problem. I just think the welker thing was really bad for the team last year it just ruined them, I think it's part of the reason they were soo badly beaten in the play offs it zapped the energy from the team as well as losing a very key player. I just don't want it to happen again i suppose there's nothin that can prevent it though

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

no its not STUPID! 

Sections
Shortcuts