Does Size Matter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Does Size Matter?

Ok, I have your attention: All Pats Receivers are under 6'1", (Tate, who is actually closer to 5'11")

Will the lack of a big receiver eventully catch up to the Pats Offense???...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Does Size Matter?

height only really comes into play in the redzone and we have 6'6" Gronk for that role. If Price can ever make it on the field he's listed at 6'1"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've never had to worry about it so I can't tell you.  Oh, wait, we're talking football.  My bad Money mouth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

Im not folding mine in half for anyone......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

YES!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Yes it does ....me likes a 36 D cup

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Does Size Matter?:
    [QUOTE]Yes it does ....me likes a 36 D cup
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

How'd you know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Does Size Matter?:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I have your attention: All Pats Receivers are under 6'1", (Tate, who is actually closer to 5'11") Will the lack of a big receiver eventully catch up to the Pats Offense???...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

if they can out jump a DB, its not a problem.

i had a problem the way moss got covered by DB's he had 4 inches on sometimes, i think that's why he was get labeled for not giving enough effort

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Size Matter? : How'd you know.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

A keen eye my dear, a keen eyeCool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

does it matter?  I mean a little Woody and we all get excited

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Size Matter? : How'd you know.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

quit teasing us

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Size doesn't matter. =( 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

Funny thing is, I'm a black man and fortunate to be in the extra large club. If a woman tells you size doesnt matter, she's never had the size that counts. Once they get it, they never regret it! Now back to that football question

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Funny thing is, I'm a black man and fortunate to be in the extra large club. If a woman tells you size doesnt matter, she's never had the size that counts. Once they get it, they never regret it! Now back to that football question
    Posted by patriotway1[/QUOTE]

Ever get tired of being a stereotype? =D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]fortunate to be in the extra large club. Posted by patriotway1[/QUOTE]

LOL, you go brother

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I thought this was going to be a long line of people bustin on those Favre pics floating around right now.

As far as size does size matter, Id say no. The Pats won three SB's with undersized receivers and DB's. In 2001, The main three Givens is 6", Patten is 5'10", Troy Brown 5'10". Ironically the only receiver on the roster in 2001 over 6ft was Torrance Small at 6'3". Played in 3 games had 4 receptions. The only DB over 6 ft. was Tebucky Jones.

In 2003, it was the same three and add in 5'11' Bethel Johnson and Deon at a generous 5'9".  JJ Sttokes 6'4' (3 games 15 rec.) was the only one. Lerrod Cherry and Rodney Harrison were the tallest DB's at 6'1"

Last but not least 2004, its the same group as 2003 minus Stokes, but added P.K. Sam at 6'3" and Kevin Kasper 6'1".

So you see size does not matter..................if you have a run game.  Antione Smith although was tough to watch at times always came up big when they needed him in the playoffs and Corey Dillon was just an absolute beast for the Pats. Do the Pats have anyone that can step up to the plate and consistently run when it counts? If they do the Pats will be fine. Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

WOODHEAD

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

it is all about tongue length really. not that i have a problem in either.  now back to football, WR height doesn't matter if the other team doesn't know where the ball is going by having an offense where the QB's favorite WR is the open one. (Hopefully that is what our offense has turned back into)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Givens and Patten played big. I always thought they were taller.  Branch because of his quick moves seemed about his size.  Most important is they all played big when it counted, and that my friends is what matters, and our offense with a 6'4" Certain HOF(?) and this team scored a huge 14 points in their 2 Playoff losses in 07 and 09, and the 06 Pats against the Colts in the AFC title game with Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gaffney scored a measly 34 points against an excellent Colts D. The style you play has a lot to do with whether you win or not.  Peytons 9-10 playoff record is not very good and most would say it was a porous D, but his pass happy offense in those 10 losses like this Moss team record setting offense scored a whole 12 points a game in all those losses and everyone blamed the D just as every one here blamed the D against the Giants when Moss and CO and the offense were so bad that our D seemed to out there all day.  

Good solid receivers and a sound run game, and winning in the trenches wins championships, even with a great D.  The 49ers are the best offense I have ever seen, and I have lived here half of my life since leaving all of you years ago, and it was very similar to the old Brady ways.  Remember he watched Montana in his youth, thus the comparison, the deep throw was used for effect, and it worked well because of that. Rice and company, before and after him had great Ds, and they still had a ball control offense that could explode, but chose to lull the D to sleep and sneek up on them as this team will with all the solid talent, short or tall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Back to the subject.  Aaron Hernandez is regularly being split wide, and he can play far wide.  He's 6'2" on the NFL official combine website but he carries 245 pounds.  This creates multiple matchup problems for a 185 pound cornerback.  First, if it's a run play, the cornerback is going backwards fast and/or will land on his back.  Second, on a pass play the cornerback is getting boxed out.  Bump and run is no longer an option because a powerful counterbump could knock the cornerback out of the play.

Size matters if you are Gronk, 6' 6", arm length 34 1/4".  Gronk runs like a wideout and has soft hands.  He also blocks like an extra tackle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

patriotway your new name is "TRIPODPAT"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

.......she said "Who the hell do you think you are gonna satisfy with that little thing?" , and I said "ME, bi*ch!"................

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Yes it does ....me likes a 36 D cup
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

Underachiever!

LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Not if your Brett Farve...I mean seriously...did u get a look at that penile pic......Sad Brett.....Sad!!!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts