Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about?

Have not seen him much, is he usually on the mark?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7483202

I certainly agree with him here and it is one of the first acknowlegments in main- stream media that the Pats defense is really underated now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about?

He is very much a Pats lover for the most part.  He picked the Pats pre-season to make it to the SB and win it.  He does have his hands full to counter the constant chatter the Pats have a horrible, "statistical" D, which blinds some to picking the Pats to win.  He's got to stick to his guns, doesn't he?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

Let me clear this up for you.

Even though Skip wears a cheap Hair Club for Men's Toupe, he is totally correct.

If the Patriots D could get to a scramble crazy power running QB like Timmy T, they will gobble Joe Joe Fako like Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum!

My question is, why must they put women as football sports casters and analysts?

She looked so out of place, like a deer caught in head lights before the crash!

Hope that clears things up for you Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about?:
    [QUOTE]Let me clear this up for you. Even though Skip wears a cheap Hair Club for Men's Toupe, he is totally correct. If the Patriots D could get to a scramble crazy power running QB like Timmy T, they will gobble Joe Joe Fako like Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum! My question is, why must they put women as football sports casters and analysts? She looked so out of place, like a deer caught in head lights before the crash! Hope that clears things up for you 
    Posted by Im the REAL KING[/QUOTE]

Seems like whoever is the co-analyst for this guy essentially just serves as a set-up man...or woman in this case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Skip probably knows more about sports, NFL football and the Pats than anyone else on ESPN, not that that is saying much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]Let me clear this up for you. Even though Skip wears a cheap Hair Club for Men's Toupe, he is totally correct. If the Patriots D could get to a scramble crazy power running QB like Timmy T, they will gobble Joe Joe Fako like Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum! My question is, why must they put women as football sports casters and analysts? She looked so out of place, like a deer caught in head lights before the crash! Hope that clears things up for you 
    Posted by Im the REAL KING[/QUOTE]

What the hell is a sports caster?? and don't give me bu**sh*t about women "casters"!! I don't like her but she is not stupid about football because she is a woman. The only thing you cleared up is -- you are a 17 year old with pimples and no date tonite SORRY!!!!!!

and you are the real king of what???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I don't think much of Bayless, normally, just a bullhorn promoting himself.

That said...he is the ONLY national voice I've heard this week talking about the Pats D as a POSITIVE in this game. And I don't think it's just a contrarian view, because his reasoning for it is dead solid.

Can't say you heard it here first, but you're hearing it here all the same...

Pats D is going to ROCK the RAZOR!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

About the only time I can stand more than 5 min of him is when Dana Jacobson is on the program.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Bayless's job isn't to know what he's talking about. It's to be as obnoxious as possible. Sportstertainment at it's best. ( or worst )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Bayless's job isn't to know what he's talking about. It's to be as obnoxious as possible. Sportstertainment at it's best. ( or worst )
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

No way... Skip holds his ground and sometimes comes off as obnoxious, but Stephen A. is easily the most obnoxious and boisterous person there is.

Skip - usually on point with football topics.

Stephen A. Smith - too damn animated and all over the place, but has solid Basketball knoweldge.

Jamele something - Not a fan of her at all.  Brings nothing imy opinion. 

Rob Parker - I should honestly have his job because it's not even fair he gets to have an amzaing job.. and suck so badly at it.

Kordel Stewart - Relatively on point but seems to hate Pats, if you ask me.

Mangini -  I know we all hate him, but he does a great job breaking down plays and gives Pats and TB all the love.   

First Take is a great show even though you all hate on ESPN.. I too can't stand ESPN at TIMES, but this show with a cup of coffee is how I start my day.

I actually get confused on all the hate skip gets because he usually is pretty good at guessing results and giving credit where it is due...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about? : No way... Skip holds his ground and sometimes comes off as obnoxious, but Stephen A. is easily the most obnoxious and boisterous person there is. Skip - usually on point with football topics. Stephen A. Smith - too damn animated and all over the place, but has solid Basketball knoweldge. Jamele something - Not a fan of her at all.  Brings nothing imy opinion.  Rob Parker - I should honestly have his job because it's not even fair he gets to have an amzaing job.. and suck so badly at it. Kordel Stewart - Relatively on point but seems to hate Pats, if you ask me. Mangini -  I know we all hate him, but he does a great job breaking down plays and gives Pats and TB all the love.    First Take is a great show even though you all hate on ESPN.. I too can't stand ESPN at TIMES, but this show with a cup of coffee is how I start my day. I actually get confused on all the hate skip gets because he usually is pretty good at guessing results and giving credit where it is due...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Hey Getzo,

I don't know about you, but this really pizzzzes me off. I HATE having to admit that Eric Mangini is a good analyst. But he is. And as soon as I admit that, I hate myself for admitting it, because I want him to SUCKKK at everything for the rest of his traitor life!

But he is probably the best analyst at ESPN, which really SUCKKKs!

Sigh.

I'll just have to hope he never gets an NFL coaching gig again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Lately, I always state that the Patriots D is badly underrated.  They have been rebuilt pretty well and now they get done exactly what BB wants.  BB probably would punt the ball on fourth and two with one minute left and trust his D against almost any team's offense.

Maybe T-Sizzle can in fact be well controlled by a double-team, where one of the tackles is Solder, Vollmer or possibly Light, plus a quick release of the football, plus wearing the guy down badly with the hurryup. 

Ray Rice has a rep because of only one running play two years ago, against a dispirited Patriots team that had lost Wes Welker to a freak accident.  If anything, that left the Patriots as the angriest duck in the pond and here they come.  Welker is back this time, with plenty of backup so that clamping down on him creates other huge problems.

I wouldn't go with a Denver-style blowout this time, but 30-14 Patriots isn't the most extreme call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about? : Hey Getzo, I don't know about you, but this really pizzzzes me off. I HATE having to admit that Eric Mangini is a good analyst. But he is. And as soon as I admit that, I hate myself for admitting it, because I want him to SUCKKK at everything for the rest of his traitor life! But he is probably the best analyst at ESPN, which really SUCKKKs ! Sigh. I'll just have to hope he never gets an NFL coaching gig again.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Spot on my man..... I even like his delivery.... does that make me a bad person?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Skip Bayless know what he is talking about? : Spot on my man..... I even like his delivery.... does that make me a bad person?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Nah, just conflicted...tormented...well, doomed, really.
    Cool