Does Tebow Deserve To Be On The Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Does Tebow Deserve To Be On The Patriots?

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

+1. Mallet is much more valuable, he will probably take over after Tom.  TT will never be the starting QB.

Nobody here has any idea how valuable Mallet is. He has done NOTHING in the NFL. This is just fans overrating people again.

Mallet looks like a QB, just needs time.  You don't hear people talking about him playing FB and TE do you?  He might be the next in line.  Do you really think TT will start at QB for the Pats someday?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

+1. Mallet is much more valuable, he will probably take over after Tom.  TT will never be the starting QB.

Nobody here has any idea how valuable Mallet is. He has done NOTHING in the NFL. This is just fans overrating people again.

Mallet looks like a QB, just needs time.  You don't hear people talking about him playing FB and TE do you?  He might be the next in line.  Do you really think TT will start at QB for the Pats someday?

I don't think Mallet or TT are the QB of the future for the Pats. Of course the odds I'm right are with me.

Mallet looks to me like a big dumb kid that can't get out of his own way with a big arm which he will rely on too much, and will throw a ton of picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mallet looks like a QB, just needs time.  You don't hear people talking about him playing FB and TE do you?

No, you don't, because he's a clod.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, it's pretty crazy.  When I first started posting here, I asked about the Mallett love.  No one could give me much of an answer outside of "he's got a great arm". 

Big whoop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I don't think Mallet or TT are the QB of the future for the Pats. Of course the odds I'm right are with me.

Mallet looks to me like a big dumb kid that can't get out of his own way with a big arm which he will rely on too much, and will throw a ton of picks.

I actually think Mallet has a pretty good slide step in the pocket.  He is light years ahead of TT at QB.  Good point about the odds thou.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's odd that they're keeping him, but there certainly is a reason.

Maybe they're going to move Mallett.  I'd rather see Tebow on the sidelines than Mallett with a ten billion dollar franchise tag.

Isnt Mallet on his rookie contract?  Where does the 10b come from? Move Mallet and make TT the 2nd starter?

He is.  And when it runs out, I would hate to see Belichick screw the pooch again like he did with Cassel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Rally, I understood your point; I'm not sure that you understood mine.  How often, in your experience, have you seen the kind of game closing scenario that you describe produce 3rd and 5 (or thereabouts)?  I'm merely a fan but it does seem to come up often.  Are you really comfortable with Tebow in there in a 3rd and 5 situation when the other team is well aware of how Tebow plays the game?

As long as you get to 3 and 5 after burning 1-min, 20-secs+ after running on downs 1 and 2, then run outta the pistol on 3 and 5 where Tebow keeps the ball for 4yrds for another 40+ seconds used, time consumed berfore the punt: 2-min+ expired, vs 1-min because we threw a couple of incompletions and punted, I say yes, it can work. Also, Tom isn't in there when Defenses are teeing off trying to cause turnovers and take folks heads off. Yeah, I would feel OK with it. I'd actually rather see it than what I've seen us do over the last couple of seasons in FINISHING GAMES. Too many got waaaaaaaay too close. We haven't managed the clock well at all lately. 5-mins left, up by 14+, I'd rather see it than Tom in there slinging it on 3rd down. Also, the more TT runs it himself, the less chance for a fumble, less exchanges, etc. Tom better give it up on every play! TT is so much more effective in the run game and actually puts the PATS at less risk in such situations, not the least of which, turnovers and injuries to our boy. Think of it as a kind of "risk management" too. With the value that TB presents to our franchise, actually, Safety Risk Managers in the private sector business would require that the PATS do it. Logical sense when you think big picture.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It's odd that they're keeping him, but there certainly is a reason.

Maybe they're going to move Mallett.  I'd rather see Tebow on the sidelines than Mallett with a ten billion dollar franchise tag.

Isnt Mallet on his rookie contract?  Where does the 10b come from? Move Mallet and make TT the 2nd starter?

He is.  And when it runs out, I would hate to see Belichick screw the pooch again like he did with Cassel.

What exactly did BB do?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You indicated that Tebow posed a passing threat that defenses must fear - if he does (which I do not believe) then why would you bring Brady back in?

I didn't say fear, I said the D must respect that he could pass. The point would be that TT poses a passing and running threat on every down, which Tom does not.

I say BB could bring back Brady on an obvious 3rd and long passing down.

The Patriots already told the league how you beat the guy. Stuff the box, press coverage in a cover 1. Tebow IS NOT a threat to pass or he would have beaten out the worst starting QB in the league in Mark Sanchez. And it's highly disrespectful to take Brady out, put him in, take him back out. It also an easy way to get him injured. When everyone is high on adrenalin, Brady will be cooling down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Based on what happened today in practice...YES!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mallet won't be tagged, no way. The tag is used for your top players.

Screwed the pooch? Cassel was tagged so he could be traded which was smart. Otherwise he would have become a free agent and then the Pats would not have received any compensation for him. Cassel was an unusual case but at least he had a season's work under his belt, a 10-5 record with passing stats 327/516 63.4% 3693yds 21td 11int and 270yds rushing w/2td.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

He still has time to prove his worth. Keep on working on his throwing, and keep on doing what he does best (scrambling, option).

If he doesn't progress to the point where he can help the team, can him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What exactly did BB do?

Failed to work out contract details until the last minute and then was forced to use the franchise tag option.

This lead to Cassel (along with Vrabel) getting traded to KC for next to nothing.

Even Rusty has admitted that Belichick choked the chicken on this play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What exactly did BB do?

Failed to work out contract details until the last minute and then was forced to use the franchise tag option.

This lead to Cassel (along with Vrabel) getting traded to KC for next to nothing.

Even Rusty has admitted that Belichick choked the chicken on this play.

I wouldn't call a 2nd round pick for a 7th rounder and a vet well past his prime 'next to nothing' but perhaps that's just me.  And if I recall correctly, the franchise tag was applied for the purpose of retaining his rights for trading purposes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if all of the fans think he's terrible.  Why should he give up?

[QUOTE]

Cuz he sucks balls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

If all else fails put him on the practice squad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to bobo354's comment:

If all else fails put him on the practice squad.

Unles I'm mistaken he's not PS eligible.  Too much time on an active NFL roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Unles I'm mistaken he's not PS eligible.  Too much time on an active NFL roster.

That is correct.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They got a second rounder for a backup QB Cassell and an old LB Vrabel. What's wrong with that?  I can't imagine anyone in KC is thinking they got the better end of that one. Put it this way, what would Cassell bring if he was offered in trade now, besides snickers? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Time is running out on tebow.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130817-despite-his-struggles-tebow-seems-destined-to-make-patriots-roster.ece

Sections
Shortcuts