Does this mean Jason Taylor is coming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Does this mean Jason Taylor is coming?

I kinda hope so. Be a solid, maybe even better than solid deal.  Him and Bradys relationship, plus the Dansby signing. I dunno. Maybe wishful thinking.  What do you all thinl?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Does this mean Jason Taylor is coming?

I think Taylor doesn't make much of a difference here, overall. 

If he is very cheap, then it is a good, classy vet to bring in. 

But even mentioning him in the same breath (at this stage of his career) with playmakers like Dansby and Peppers is a bit rough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't know about Taylor, but we def need somebody so we can keisterize Peyton GirlyManning on a consistent basis.  With the league sliding the table to his end (check out the new Competition Comittee idea of both sides getting the ball in OT) we just need to break him in two now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If Taylor is a depth move and to bring some leadership back into the locker room for cheap I'm all for it but if he's signed to be one of these 1-2yr stop gap measures and is expected to start well I'm not sure if he has it in him anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He had a great career, but I think it's to close to over. Don't think he would help the rush enough, but Belichek loves these types and he'd be cheap. Might make more sense when Crable goes on the IR and the pats trade out of the 1st round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The dude does not want to come here and I'm good with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I just don't think he wants to be anywhere but home in Florida.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In Response to Re: Does this mean Jason Taylor is coming?:
    I think Taylor doesn't make much of a difference here, overall.  If he is very cheap, then it is a good, classy vet to bring in.  But even mentioning him in the same breath (at this stage of his career) with playmakers like Dansby and Peppers is a bit rough.
    Posted by zbellino
    i agree.he has to be running on life support by now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

No Id pass , unless we do something else and hes here for depth. Enough already with the old vets , were rebuilding our team , not just adding 1/2 more parts to the sum. 4-5 years ago , sure Im all for it , but seriously what can you expect out of a 35 , 36 at the start of the season guy whos on his last legs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

geez i hope not, the last thing we need is another old beat up veteran

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

IAn Response to Does this mean Jason Taylor is coming?:
    I kinda hope so. Be a solid, maybe even better than solid deal.  Him and Bradys relationship, plus the Dansby signing. I dunno. Maybe wishful thinking.  What do you all thinl?
    Posted by afnav130

All I can say is that a pass rushing DE is very grueling on the legs, and it's a position to always have young fresh legs at. Altho their are very few that can maintain the speed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

He had a great career, but I think it's to close to over. Don't think he would help the rush enough, but Belichek loves these types and he'd be cheap. Might make more sense when Crable goes on the IR and the pats trade out of the 1st round.
    Posted by mthurl

this is funny...and sad because you are probably exactly right. 

i think taylor would someone to look at after the draft. i think he could have more value if we actually do draft a pass rusher for once (i'm not holding my breath) because he could split time with a rookie and be a mentor. if our pass rushers end up being TBC and some has-been again, then i dont see any point in taylor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Taylor could teach the young Pats defense how to dance, no way i want this guy in NE, too old and too worn down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Jason taylor's career as a force to be reckoned with is done
    id rather have AD or Burgess than Taylor

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

For the people that say all we need is another old veteran.......How did we make out with younger athletic guys on defense last year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I think BB is going to fill this need in the draft.  Hopefully he realizes his mistakes recently of passing on linebackers in the draft, as wall as corners, who last year became stars...sort of like Mayo for us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

For the people that say all we need is another old veteran.......How did we make out with younger athletic guys on defense last year?
    Posted by bfletch56

You forget that we had more older veterans that could not get it done last year. We need veteran leadership, not old players with no speed.  How was our pass rush and sack ability?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Many of the younger players performed quite well.  The leadership comes with experience.  I'd expect players like Mayo and Meriweather to step forward. VW already is a leader.  I'm looking for Butler to make bigger strides. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I wouldn't mind - but I think Taylor isn't leaving Miami - The Pats would have to show him the $$ to come here - IF he is even in their plans??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Does this mean Jason Taylor is coming?:
    Posted by afnav130

I think he is year to year now.  As each year passes, he is more likely to be Favrelike and sign with Miami at the last minute.  Quite frankly, if he were to sign with anyone it would be last minute, because as a GM you lokk to him as a last resort. 

I think it's more important for the Pats or any team for that matter, to develop the nest generation of player. Bringing in the older vet, to me, slows younger player development.

That said, take the Pats for example, they will, I hope, explore younger FA's (like they did with Colvin at that time).  Then the draft, then the undrafted FA's etc.  If at the end they have a hole, they have to bite the bullet and bring in the retread guys. 

They just signed Tully, who by the way, seemed to revive a dying career.  With the the fact they have Woods (maybe), Crable (hopefully), I don't see them signing Taylor. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I mean how much worse can Taylor be than Burriss?? There were games at a time when I never heard the guys name mentioned and didn't even see his number 53 in the play! I'd take a chance on Taylor!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should draft Huges in the 2nd round, resign burgess (he was getting better towards the end of the season, transfer guyton to OLB, and sign jason taylor.
    That would give us Crable, TBC, Guyton, Hughes, Woods, and Taylor at OLB. Taylor and TBC would provide the vet leadership,  between the rest of them we would have 2 potential backups/ part time starter by week 8.  taylor did have 7 sacks last season so he was still quite effective.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

I'd rather go young. They say its a very deep draft for conversion DE/OLB this yr. Thats probably the best route. But, hey if they can get him for say 1.5 - 2 mil on a 1 or 2 yr deal why not?? Put on the outside on passing downs exclusively and let 'em work. I think he'll give at least what Burgess did, worst case scenario.

Sections
Shortcuts